Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

No point arguing opinion, but as I said he makes good mixtapes but you keep mentioning his albums. I like his albums but like you many don't but many do.

I referenced both the albums and mixtapes. I also like some of his music both albums and mixtapes but my question to you was how do you think he is improving as an artist not on wheter you think he makes good mixtapes or not.

I wasn't looking to argue , I was just curious too see how you think he has improved but look lets forget about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I referenced both the albums and mixtapes. I also like some of his music both albums and mixtapes but my question to you was how do you think he is improving as an artist not on wheter you think he makes good mixtapes or not.

I wasn't looking to argue , I was just curious too see how you think he has improved but look lets forget about it :)

Well I can't really explain how I think he is improving as it is an opinion. Perhaps arguing was the wrong word.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Raekwon wrote: »
    Has anyone heard Action Bronson x Party Supplies mixtape "Blue Chips" yet?

A video has been released for the track "Hookers at the Point"

The more I hear him the more he sounds like Ghostface, which isn't a bad thing, even though he does look like a white version of Rick Ross :D

Yes, great mixtape and how it all came together is a pretty cool story. He also played Dublin last night. Epic gig. Short, but amazing.

He also has another release planned for this year. And he is a seriously nice dude, got the chance to talk to him a bit.

And a bit of mod talk now. This thread is for Hip Hop in 2012, there's a lot of healthy discussion that isnt really on that topic. Can I suggest that someone makes a Chamillionaire thread, or a general hip hop banter thread. Let's keep this thread to what has been released or up for release this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Aesop Rock album coming called Skelethon, on Rhymesayers with a July release date. Oh yes.

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45929-aesop-rock-announces-album-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'll have to check that out, always had a soft spot for aesop. Don't know why though, i can never understand his songs.

• Advertisement

I never got into Aesop despite liking Sage Francis, most of rhymesayers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

OMG love aesop rocky,purple swag <3

;)

;)

Haha, but seriously Asap Rocky is swagtaculary crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

stalley-back-cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I was hoping Aesop Rock retired:(

• Advertisement

The above is the tracklist to stalley - savage journey to the american dream

(I have no idea, I had to google to find out from the cryptic picture - maybe he is well known?)
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    I was hoping Aesop Rock retired:(

Harsh! I don't like him but that is a little harsh he is not Odd future bad.

Initially when I heard Aesop Rock I didnt know what the hell I was listening to, but I was in an avante garde phase of my life and persisted with him. So glad that I did as he is amazing.

I can completely understand why people dont like him though.

as for Stalley, I think I've moved on from him now, his earlier stuff was good, but the most recent output isnt the greatest. He could be saving the good stuff for the album though.

New EP called 'The Cutting Room Floor EP' coming from Cage/Chris Palko soon, here's a track from it:

There is also talk of an EP with Mighty Mi coming this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lethal Dialect's album LD50 part II is available for free on his bandcamp page.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mayday!'s album Take Me to Your Leader is out now. It's their debut album with Tech N9ne's Strange Music. Really like their production on the latest Tech stuff and their song Badlands off the album is just class! Can't wait to listen to the rest of it!

A few more releases coming up:

Azelia Banks - 1991 EP
    Big Jus has a new album in May, cant remember the title, something about man against machines ir something.
    The Stalley mixtape is out now.
    AZ is wrapping up Doe or Die 2
    Confirmed that Cage has 2 EPs are per my above post

.....i think that's all i've heard about in the last 24 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

De La Soul's Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve is out now and is getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

new T.I single

First single off of Curren$y's upcoming album.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

I don't know where to say this, but fúck, Nicki Minaj is terrible. Overhyped rubbish. People are going to say she's pop so whatever, but some even hype her lyrically. I listened to as much of her album as I could and wow, this record is just horrible imo.

Booooo.

• Advertisement

VagnerLove wrote: »
    I don't know where to say this, but fúck, Nicki Minaj is terrible. Overhyped rubbish. People are going to say she's pop so whatever, but some even hype her lyrically. I listened to as much of her album as I could and wow, this record is just horrible imo.

Booooo.

Ye just read an article about it, seems to be getting slated big time by everyone now.

Is it true she tried to do half of it pop and the other half hip hop?

New game track, it's fairly bad.

Mixtape song^ not a single or an album song.

Mixtape song^ not a single or an album song.

And? Even by mixtape standards this is shít.

looks to be another ft ridden mixtape, this is obviously a red album leftover as pharrell was the co- producer on it, doubt game forked out for a pharrell ft and more than likely production for a mixtape.

this one dropped today ft lupe called california republic another red album leftover, horrible song possibly the worst verse from lupe iv ever heard. Names being dropped all over the place, wayne, baby, eminem, dre, 50, nas, soulja boy, mayweather, pacquiao , lupe, etc all get a mention on this one.

another one ft fat joe and young chris, its not bad i like the sample not too mad on the actual verses, just too repetitive with all these features honestly struggles on his own back, mixtapes are album cuts, thats not proper mixtape material.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

brand new Kanye West

MD1990 wrote: »
    brand new Kanye West

Not the greatest, pretty much a stripped down version of the N*ggaz in Paris beat and lazy kanye rapping.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not the greatest, pretty much a stripped down version of the N*ggaz in Paris beat and lazy kanye rapping.

And DJ KHALED!!!! giving his usual shout outs and ruining songs.

1st good friday single rumored to be coming tomorrow according to pusha t, album coming this spring some time.

• Advertisement

just a joke, so reliant on others.

disappointed, was hoping that the new material would have less ft's aswell as non-album cuts but this is just taking the pis*.

this is not mixtape material, these are album cuts like his last few mixtapes.

556398_10150717052804507_5632099506_9100024_1728266816_n.jpg

Advertisement