Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you tell your kids?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭speaking

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    True story.

BTW how is asking why you are attacking people an insult?

0r did the italics around the word story mean something other then implying I am a liar?

No I am sure you are not making the story up. Italics was not meant to suggest that.

I don't believe I attacked people on this thread? Did I?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

speaking wrote: »
    In your case a child sliced through a picture of himself anddid not intentionally slice directly through his head in a direct attempt to be a sick and deprived.

No, he put his fingers directly through both of his eyes in the picture and then cut slices lengthways alone the portrait. Why do you think that the people in the gif where intentionally trying to be sick and depraved? Its been pointed out that these cakes can bought for things like celebrating new borns and the like.
    3. I take it the nine year old in your case was not juvenile enough to take a digital image and put on the net in an act of "humor".

Only because he doesn't know how.
    Its the act of adults thinking it funny to slice through a cake in that manner thats the sick part cant you see that.

It's a cake, how else do you take it apart for everyone to eat? Would you have preferred it of everyone in teh give just put their hands in and pulled it apart?
    If any adult I knew sliced though a cake in an image of a child like the one in question I would seriously question there cop on morally would you not??

It's a cake. In the shape of a sleeping baby. Were does morality come into it?

EDIT: Any chance we can return to the other discussion? Its more interesting than manufactured outrage at a cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

I don't understand the whole internet obsession with eating babies, it's bizarre if you ask me. Aside to that, I don't understand how a thread about discussing faith or lack of it with children has come to the most recent posts either. Perhaps we should merge the discussions. If we don't know how to discuss faith, or lack of it to our offspring, we should just eat them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭speaking

No, he put his fingers directly through both of his eyes in the picture and then cut slices lengthways alone the portrait.

Only because he doesn't know how.

Yes he is a child

[/QUOTE]It's a cake, how else do you take it apart for everyone to eat? Would you have preferred it of everyone in teh give just put their hands in and pulled it apart?

It's a cake. In the shape of a sleeping baby. Were does morality come into it?[/QUOTE]

They deliberately cut the head off first.

Either you think its creepy or not.

Mark we have different versions about what to expect from adults behavior.

they cut the head off.
    took a pic
    put it on the net.

Why for no other reason then they were cutting a cake. FFS Mark a bit of honesty in the way you debate please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh the horror, the horror of it all!!!!

michelle_new_baby_cake.jpg

babycakes111.jpg

preggocensored.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1300213413442

6534_230156710576_528795576_7863873_827597_n.24162952_large.jpg

1243487448.jpg

Those sick ****ing ****ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They didn't cut off the head first, you can clearly see that the torso is already gone.

I had a cake in the shape of a pony once. Is that disgusting for depicting the decapitation of an animal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Jeez- Speaking can you please just let it go ? You must know by now that we like to have our baby cake and eat it ! What is so wrong with that ?

After all cannibalism has a long tradition in Christianity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

No I am sure you are not making the story up. Italics was not meant to suggest that.

I don't believe I attacked people on this thread? Did I?

Then what did the italics suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Speaking has closed his/her account so no point in asking any further questions.

I, er, the cake. Um, I have to be honest I didn't expect that. The cake gif made me squirm a little at first, but I got over it I'm somebody who can't even watch violent scenes in Criminal Minds nevermind Games of Thrones without having to look away from the screen. I. did. not. expect. that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Jernal wrote: »
    Speaking has closed his/her account so no point in asking any further questions.

I, er, the cake. Um, I have to be honest I didn't expect that. The cake gif made me squirm at little at first, but I got over it I'm somebody who can't even watch violent scenes in Criminal Minds nevermind Games of Thrones. I. did. not. expect. that.

Bloody thing gave me the heebie jeebies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jernal wrote: »

high5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Bloody thing gave me the heebie jeebies.

I know that fascinates me, it's not even real, yet you can show me a picture of a starving child or baby with a terminal illness and I'll barely bat an eye lid. Even when I know in advance which one is real, which 'baby' is actually experiencing excruciating pain, I still only squirm at the cake. God really f**ked us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Yes he is a child

:confused: And?
    They deliberately cut the head off first.

Either you think its creepy or not.

Mark we have different versions about what to expect from adults behavior.

they cut the head off.
    took a pic
    put it on the net.

EDIT: and now I see your account is closed. Well that's just marvellous.

Who am I talking to?

Why for no other reason then they were cutting a cake. FFS Mark a bit of honesty in the way you debate please.

Honesty? You are the one who is saying that the gif of the baby cake is a "direct attempt to be a sick and deprived." How do you know that it wasn't a celebration cake for a newborn baby and some one just recorded it because of how odd it looked? Its a bit rich to ask for honesty when you are the one making up context to suit your own argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

manufactured outrage at a cake.

One of the better sentences I've seen. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Honest confession: I don't find the cake .gif creepy at all. (Some of the ones above now... Push Olivia push especially... did give me a seconds 'WTF?' although I think that's mostly "Who the **** thought this was a good idea")

It just doesn't look like a real baby to me.

Maybe a lifetime of horror books and movies, as well as a steady diet of graphic video games, comic books and cartoons have dehumanized me.

Or maybe I've just gotten really good at differentiating reality from fiction.

I guess we won't know until unless I snap.

I don't have kids though.

I like to think I'd try to instill in them some wonder for the world we live in though. I'd probably tell them no one know and ramble on about chemistry and physics and biology for as long as they were interested (And then a bit longer. I will be a terribly boring father at times. :( )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

thereisnocakepv4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Sycopat wrote: »
    I like to think I'd try to instill in them some wonder for the world we live in though. I'd probably tell them no one know and ramble on about chemistry and physics and biology for as long as they were interested (And then a bit longer. I will be a terribly boring father at times. :( )
    That is how you perceive you think you would be, but it may not be the case if you actually were a parent. I never cared for religion as an adult, however I've posters all over my childrens rooms of the maps of the world, assorted countries, the solar system etc. A natural interest came to one of my sons a couple of months back in the solar system. He is now obsessed with it, and is back to back watching episodes of Patrick Moore. He is to begin 3rd class in September, and has an extensive knowledge on the subject at this stage, I think he will surprise his teacher if asked. This is the same boy that asks me about God. I wants to know about the divide there, but I don't have anything to give him on that one.

Advertisement