Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Sklarker wrote: »
    I started a job. My manager was called Aeneas. My colleagues told me to pronounce it aon-ee-as not anus....or face the consequences!

If you had a name like that, I can't understand why you wouldn't just use your middle name (or in fact any other random name of your choosing), rather than getting pissed off at people for obvious jokes (or innocent mispronunciations.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I've heard of a perfectly genuine Nefertiti. A little girl of 4, - true fact.

(My sister's friend was a teacher in the USA and it was one of her pupils.)

And the doting parents really did call her "Titi" - who in the world would DO that to a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Saw via a friend of a friend on Facebook, a guy called Brutus. Seriously?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I know it's a common name but I hate the name Dean.

It didn't bother me until I came to Dublin and everyone* pronounced it 'Dane'.

*(I live in Fingal so maybe not everyone before I get a lecture on the nuances of Dub post codes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

It didn't bother me until I came to Dublin and everyone* pronounced it 'Dane'.

*(I live in Fingal so maybe not everyone before I get a lecture on the nuances of Dub post codes)

Would the Fingal pronunciation not be dee-in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Recently heard of:
    Everest
    Daenerys
    Ribgy

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Just heard some Chungwan roaring "Reilly..... Branson" in the Jervis Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Would the Fingal pronunciation not be dee-in?

Nailed it. Spelling things phonetically isn't my strong point. Although it sounded more like dae-in to my ears rather than dee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Most of the bad ones lately have been double barrel first names and surnames. There was Felix though, scabby name for a child. Also Jolie and Perin who are both girls. Oh and Eireabella.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Most of the bad ones lately have been double barrel first names and surnames. There was Felix though, scabby name for a child. Also Jolie and Perin who are both girls. Oh and Eireabella.

I caught some of the Athletics World Championships on TV last week and watched the women's 100m final, won by Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica. She used to just be Shelly-Ann Fraser, then got married. Why would you stick on the Pryce to an already-long name, especially when you're competing? I understand that she didn't want to change her name, that's fine, and I also understand the double-barreling, but for competition you'd think she'd have kept the old, short form. Listening to Steve Cram trying say 'Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce' five or more times in a 10-second race was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Whelmuun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Wish this was fake but it isnt.

Few months ago we had a reservation in my restaurant for a "Herr Bols"... I.e Mr Bols.

They arrived (10 of them) with 2 kids and the kids were running around all night causing a bit of trouble which I and my staff were having none of. I asked the wife of Herr Bols to please keep the kids under control and she proceeded to call "Robert and Dicky please sit with us, the man is giving out. You are causing too much trouble..."

It took me 15 minutes to realise the kid was called Dicky.

Dicky Bols.

Mother of god. I cried.

Nailed it. Spelling things phonetically isn't my strong point. Although it sounded more like dae-in to my ears rather than dee.

Ah I have a cousin dee-in from Cabra so I have had years of practice! No Jacinteh in the family though.

Few months ago we had a reservation in my restaurant for a "Herr Bols"... I.e Mr Bols.

They arrived (10 of them) with 2 kids and the kids were running around all night causing a bit of trouble which I and my staff were having none of. I asked the wife of Herr Bols to please keep the kids under control and she proceeded to call "Robert and Dicky please sit with us, the man is giving out. You are causing too much trouble..."

Dicky Bols.

Mother of god. I cried.

"Hello I am Hair Balls and this is my Dicky". You would get arrested for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dicky Bols.

Mother of god. I cried.

Was the other child called Spag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Dicky Bols.

Mother of god. I cried.

Assuming they were German ?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

My father, while working in England in the late 60's, briefly went out with a girl called Mary Balls. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My daughter started school last week. She has a Kayden in her class. He'll be the one kid we dont invite to future parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

keano_afc wrote: »
    My daughter started school last week. She has a Kayden in her class. He'll be the one kid we dont invite to future parties.

I hope you are trolling here! That is a horrendous attitude if you are for real. The child could be the sweetest most wonderful little boy and you write him off coz his parents give him a chavvy name? I hope your darling Saoiseaoibhinnaineeilbhe realises what a horrible parent she has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I had a lad on my team, from india, called Phani. Pronounced Fanny. I had real trouble talking about him without laughing to myself.
    This lad was very unlucky. Always getting sick or having accidents or some drama. Fanny got soaked. An accident with Fanny. Fanny is smiling at me. Fanny caused a commotion. Fanny is not working....
    His son is called Phani too. Little Fanny.

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »
    I hope you are trolling here! That is a horrendous attitude if you are for real. The child could be the sweetest most wonderful little boy and you write him off coz his parents give him a chavvy name? I hope your darling Saoiseaoibhinnaineeilbhe realises what a horrible parent she has.

Ah Christ. Cool your jets will you. Its clearly a joke (you do know this is AH right?).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Steady on there chief. It was clearly a post in jest.

And my precious little Uachtar Reoite loves her daddy, ok?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dicky Bols.

Mother of god. I cried.

Was the Dad's first name Eric?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Ah Christ. Cool your jets will you. Its clearly a joke (you do know this is AH right?).
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Steady on there chief. It was clearly a post in jest.

And my precious little Uachtar Reoite loves her daddy, ok?

That's why I said I hoped you were trolling. Unfortunately I know a nasty person who has similar views. She got very excited that her daughter was friends with a doctors daughter, only to find out it was another kid from the council estate with the same name that her daughter was friends with. The invite to the birthday party that had been sent out was rescinded hastily as she didn't want her daughter to be friends with the "lesser" child. Disgusting how people can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I wish this was fake :(

Kharringtyn-McKhynleigh Khaybryn

https://i.imgur.com/P2e5xq9.jpg

(Sorry if it's already been posted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I wish this was fake :(

Kharringtyn-McKhynleigh Khaybryn

https://i.imgur.com/P2e5xq9.jpg

(Sorry if it's already been posted)

I came here to post that. Thats one of the worst monstrosities of a name i've ever seen. Her mothers obviously a "my childs a special snowflake" types.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I came here to post that. Thats one of the worst monstrosities of a name i've ever seen. Her mothers obviously a "my childs a special snowflake" types.
    that has to be a genius fake......i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

That's why I said I hoped you were trolling. Unfortunately I know a nasty person who has similar views. She got very excited that her daughter was friends with a doctors daughter, only to find out it was another kid from the council estate with the same name that her daughter was friends with. The invite to the birthday party that had been sent out was rescinded hastily as she didn't want her daughter to be friends with the "lesser" child. Disgusting how people can be.

Ah yeah, as if that excuses your abuse.
    What did the parent say when you told them what you thought of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

that has to be a genius fake......i hope

Unfortunately not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Can't remember where I saw this, may have been on Faceache. A passport for an Oriental gent - name Phuc Dat. :)

Advertisement