Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The JRR in JRR Tolkien stand for Jolkien Rolkien Rolkien.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The JRR in JRR Tolkien stand for Jolkien Rolkien Rolkien.

Worst attempt ever. You should be forced to transcribe The Lord of the Rings into every world language with a crayon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Worst attempt ever. You should be forced to transcribe The Lord of the Rings into every world language with a crayon.
    Only every world language? Tolkien would not approve. Hamadeusentman should have to invent a couple of languages and alphabets of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Hunter .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Any child of a celebrity has got to be in the running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My missus and I screen shot awful child names to each other quite regularly because we are bad people. Last night I got one with the name Poppy-Paris on it. Imagine that on a CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Omackeral wrote: »
    My missus and I screen shot awful child names to each other quite regularly because we are bad people. Last night I got one with the name Poppy-Paris on it. Imagine that on a CV.

Not to mention the fact that child will probably be known as Peepee in school :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There's a producer/writer on the programmes Arrow and Law & Order: SVU called Speed Weed. I presume his parents thought it'd be funny naming him after two rhyming drugs. (He wasn't christening 'Speed' but he's been called that since the day he was born.)
    I'm a big fan of Blindspot and there's an Avery in that, I think I like it!
    Commander Sisko in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was play by Avery Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I heard of David Bowie calling his son Zowie Bowie but I was just reading something about T-Rex and Marc Bolan called his son Rolan, Rolan Bolan. It's a terrible name but I actually love it :)

Not sure if Zowie Bowie was his actual legal real name but he goes by Duncan Jones now and is a very successful director

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

There was a Holden kicking other kids on a bouncy castle on Sunday
    Pretentious name = obnoxious child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A girl I know named her daughter Sequoia, pronounced Seh-koi-ah.

As in Sequoia the red wood tree.

Its probably the most preposterous naming Ive ever encountered in the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not sure if Zowie Bowie was his actual legal real name but he goes by Duncan Jones now and is a very successful director

I think Zowie was his middle name so Bowie didn't take it as far a Marc Bolan! I don't know I might prefer Zowie Bowie than Duncan Jones :/

Bob Dylan's first girlfriend's name was Echo Star Helstrom. I actually think Echo is lovely but I wouldn't call a child that. Good hippy name though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

A girl I know named her daughter Sequoia, pronounced Seh-koi-ah.

As in Sequoia the red wood tree.

Its probably the most preposterous naming Ive ever encountered in the wild.

Would you be located in the Good Old USA perhaps ? or at least this person harkens from those promised lands ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Would you be located in the Good Old USA perhaps ? or at least this person harkens from those promised lands ?

Yer wan is from fcuking Portmarnock.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Yer wan is from fcuking Portmarnock.

:rolleyes:

She sounds pure gicknah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Dweezil

as in Dweezil Zappa

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She wants to be the "cool aunt".

She's referred to "drinkiepoos with the girlies" before now.

Oh and "hollibobs".

I think you get the picture!!

yeah - she's a gobshoite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Cumdumpster

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cstaff wrote: »
    I came across a girl who I was dealing with in work today (in another firm) called Happiness - Imagine having to live up to that everyday - you would never be allowed in a bad mood!!!

Fjc54zM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Bob Dylan's first girlfriend's name was Echo Star Helstrom. I actually think Echo is lovely but I wouldn't call a child that. Good hippy name though :)

Your nickname would probably be "The Dolphin"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Avacado. A girl in my daughter's school. Avacado come from a word meaning 'testicle'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Avacado. A girl in my daughter's school. Avacado come from a word meaning 'testicle'

That can't be real!

I'd like to think that if one of my mates or family members deciced to name their kid something so insane that I'd say something, anything, to ensure the kid isn't bullied for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Here's a few that make me shudder:

Assumpta
    Jacinta
    Alfie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gobnait.

It's Irish for Deborah isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Here's a few that make me shudder:

Assumpta
    Jacinta
    Alfie

Love Alfie ... for a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Read about one today where the author claimed a friend of a friend called their newborn Abcde, pronounced Ab-sea-dee.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Gobnait.

It's Irish for Deborah isn't it?

It's not Irish for anything. Stop misappropriating ancient Gaelic names with English equivalents- that pisses me off.

I suppose Eire is the Gaelic for Ireland? I suppose Sean is the Gaelic for John? I suppose Corcaigh is the Gaelic for Cork?

No- they are anglicized names imposed during the Penal times.

The Gaelic names came first and the English equivalents don't mean jack ****. Whereas the Gaelic names actually mean something...:mad:

Ps I have no opinion on Gobnait.

honeybear wrote: »
    Love Alfie ... for a dog

In England it basically screams Council tenant, Vauxhall driving, St George's flag outside the house, holiday in Santa Ponza, tattooed pleb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Read about one today where the author claimed a friend of a friend called their newborn Abcde, pronounced Ab-sea-dee.

How mad can people be?

Advertisement