Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Saw these gobsh1tes on the telly, the other day. They're "off - grid" parents. :rolleyes:
    Their children are called Ulysses and Orasta. One lovely little darling p1ssed all over the floor on live TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

fussyonion wrote: »
    Heard a father chastise his son in The Square yesterday: "Pharoah! Come here now!".

probably spelt faro, where the kid was conceived etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Barry beag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Someone I know just had a baby girl and they named her Rogue.

Is the family surname Trader ? (Please say it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

trashcan wrote: »
    Is the family surname Trader ? (Please say it is)

I'm assuming any future siblings are going to be Gunnar, Bagman and Helm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Alanis Morissette named her daughter

Onyx solace morissette-treadway ,
    jewel name emotion name random word ,
    why does someone need 4 names.
    can i call you tread for short.?
    I think famous people are so rich that no one says no,
    that name is awkward, random and weird.
    Or else they become so rich they are detached from reality.
    ordinary names like jennifer are not good enough for them they must invent weird names made of random words .
    She writes an advice column, i hope she does not give people advice on baby names.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Someone I know just had a baby girl and they named her Rogue.

If her middle name is Ella and her last name Fant it would be just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

We can close this thread now as I don't believe this will ever be topped
    Heard a father in red jeans in a South Dublin park today call for his son.....

Aesop

As in the lad who wrote the fables

Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JoeLapira

Link
    Jax
    Saffron

Heard these recently, poor children.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

in croker yday, heard 2 jacintas, a d'arcy and a tayvon. all being shouted at by their howiya mothers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

"They live in Waterford with their two daughters, Harper Willow and Dakota Sky"

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/a-week-to-my-wedding-30003535/10605949/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

In the local tesco.....dad talking to his son.....Parker......never heard a kid before with that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CrankyMama

Clint
    Tanika
    Azera (obviously liked the coffee)
    Braiden
    Crimson

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

retalivity wrote: »
    in croker yday, heard 2 jacintas, a d'arcy and a tayvon. all being shouted at by their howiya mothers

I always hear of this name but never actually hear it being said or know anyone who isn't over 40 called it, never mind two of them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Omackeral wrote: »
    I always hear of this name but never actually hear it being said or know anyone who isn't over 40 called it, never mind two of them.

I went to school with a Jacinta.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not in Dublin though :P I always hear it bandied about as a howiya Dub name for young ones (chung wans) but have never heard it actually said nor do I know anyone called it and I've lived in Dublin my whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I just heard Sasha (no doubt I've spelled that incorrectly) on the train. Also one of the lads on the football team is going out with Milly.

I need to get out of Essex immediately if not sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not in Dublin though :P I always hear it bandied about as a howiya Dub name for young ones (chung wans) but have never heard it actually said nor do I know anyone called it and I've lived in Dublin my whole life.

D4, or a sheltered life?

Have you met Concepta yet?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I know a girl in work called Jacinta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Cornelius. Awful name, God love anyone with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Suckler

Any Cornelius I knew just used Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CrankyMama

I know 3 named Cornelius, they all go by Corney. One of those has a family nickname of Corney, so everyone knows him as Corney Corney

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

CrankyMama wrote: »
    I know 3 named Cornelius, they all go by Corney. One of those has a family nickname of Corney, so everyone knows him as Corney Corney

Reminds of the of Cornelius Carney that I knew in school, better known as Con Carney, and much better known as Chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

theteal wrote: »
    I just heard Sasha (no doubt I've spelled that incorrectly) on the train. Also one of the lads on the football team is going out with Milly.

I need to get out of Essex immediately if not sooner!

If those are the worst kids' names you've ever heard, you're lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

CrankyMama wrote: »
    Clint
    Tanika
    Azera (obviously liked the coffee)
    Braiden
    Crimson

Crimson? Scarlah fur ya luv! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

My ex in secondary had a mate called Crystal , which in its self isn't great and in a Northside Dublin (where we were all from) accent sounds like nails on a chalk board .

But the cherry on top was her suname "Clear" her full name was Crystal (Euginee) Clear , Like if that's not a case for giving child line a bell as soon as your old enough to hold a phone i don't know what is .

She used to go by her Confo name Jane , and i think actually changed it to that legally a few years back hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I know a Jacinta in her 30s from Dublin. She goes by Cinty. Her husband's name is Anto...100% true story. They're lovely people and only slight howiyas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

The amount of slagging this name gets on here I am glad its only a middle name for me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

"They live in Waterford with their two daughters, Harper Willow and Dakota Sky"

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/a-week-to-my-wedding-30003535/10605949/

Jaaayzus, I assume they didn't google the second one before deciding on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The bronze, silver AND gold medals all go to the Campbell family out of New Jersey:
    Adolf Hitler Campbell, six, and his younger sisters Joycelynn Aryan Nation, five, and Honszlynn Hinler, four, were taken into custody in January 2009.

Yes, the parents do look exactly as your would expect - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152679/New-Jersey-parents-named-children-Adolf-Hitler-Aryan-Nation-back.html

Advertisement