Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.A.A - Snow Addicts Anonymous cold turkey thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Snowmaker wrote: »
    Now, don't blame the production process, it's flawless - blame my suppliers of raw materials for making the snow - my Eastern European suppliers have been very stingy with their supply of cold, an essential ingredient in the process...bought mountains of cold back in 2010 when it was going cheap, even agreed supply & rates for the long-term future.. but.. the price of cold has since risen despite the agreement in place... so with no cold, making snow is like trying to make an omelette without eggs..

Anyway...Now that both of ye are in here with me, you can help with production .. just look at the factory as it stands now, even Timmy has quit!

Its hard to get the raw materials for good snow right enough..

guess we'll have to order in again... Oi COOIEEE Scotland.... over here... yeah ....we're the green country... Ireland.. yeah.....
    can we put in an order for a good pasting of snow please... the snowman snow kind....
    Yeah, situation is getting critical here... Ta...
    by the way have you a fella called Timmy working with you...
    OH you have! right... Send him back with the snow would you, we forgot to put the snib on the door in 2012, he must have got out.. Thanks...

^^^^Oh dear, the lack of snow is really starting to show isn't it...^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

eskimocat wrote: »
    ..by the way have you a fella called Timmy working with you... OH you have! right... Send him back with the snow would you, we forgot to put the snib on the door in 2012, he must have got out..

No chance... look again at the pic, he left his wheelchair behind... he didn't get far, trust me... Snowmaker doesn't tolerate quitters..you think that's red spray-paint on the walls??... :mad:

Extreme Potential for Snow + Total Lack of Snow = Insanity in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

It seems our ancestors far in the past also had a major snow addiction!

"A wanton wenche vppon a colde daye With Snowe balles prouoked me to play!"

http://www.retronaut.com/2012/12/medieval-snowballs/

So it's a genetic thing :-) good.. we don't need help after-all!! it's natural to feel this way and no amount of therapy will change it (rips the hugging-jacket off, races towards the metal door... BANG!! steps back, rubs nose and head, shakes off stars floating around head... opens the door and runs out!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

There will be snow but it will all melt very quickly as weather fronts move in. You need less energetic patterns with streamers for snow here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 honeysweetrap

its crazy out there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

We were supposed to be in the snow event that would make 1947 seem like a sneeze. So far this series of events doesn't even warrant a mention, the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough being notable exceptions.

A couple of days ago a snow event forecast triggered a yellow alert but as this system is moving in, it's already blue [raining] and is simply falling apart collapsing as it hit the peninsulas of South Kerry and West Cork.

Model projections now say any snow event will be weak, happen in darkness and be no nearer than about 25 miles from my QTH.

I'm Gbee and I'm a snow addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gbee wrote: »
    We were supposed to be in the snow event that would make 1947 seem like a sneeze. So far this series of events doesn't even warrant a mention, the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough being notable exceptions.

A couple of days ago a snow event forecast triggered a yellow alert but as this system is moving in, it's already blue [raining] and is simply falling apart collapsing as it hit the peninsulas of South Kerry and West Cork.

Model projections now say any snow event will be weak, happen in darkness and be no nearer than about 25 miles from my QTH.

I'm Gbee and I'm a snow addict.

GAH. :( *shakes fist at mother nature* seriously get out of what ever mood your in and give us snow.

i'm sunbabe08 and i'm a snow addict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

I'm So fed up and frustrated with no snow.
    I'm triskell and I'm a snow addict

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi Triskell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Disappointing when you look at England and see they get snow nearly every year. Considering it is literally next door, you'd think we would get it more often too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

I'm fluffy cloud and I can think of nothing but snow.... Any chance I'm looking out the window .... Hoping ... Wishing....nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Drove up to Glenmalure today (10 mins away) and can wholeheartedly recommend it for replacement medication for anyone suffering from snow withdrawls, we even skidded the car tyres and there was a bit of clutch burn in the air just for good measure, the snow line is amazing and there is nothing 10 mins away but 2 - 3 foot up there.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

Try to remember that being frustrated will not influence nature. It will just do what it does. Its early enough in the year. Min temperatures typically happen in around the end of Jan beginning of Feb. That high over north west Europe may still cause events. It depends a bit on what goes in in the upper altitudes. Maybe Early Feb. I feel this system could dump a lot of snow but right now the Atlantic influence seems to predicate against it. Just if this is wrong then who knows. I think though its safe to say the weather is being influenced by mid Atlantic at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Snowing all morning in and around Tallaght. I assume most of Dublin is the same.

Not on the N.E. Fringes of Dublin - drizzle and snizzle all day... :-(
    I did manage to get my fix yesterday though, drove across the Dublin/Wicklow mountains (Killakee Rd, Old Military Road, Sally Gap, to Roundwood) and found some waist-deep snow along the way (standing of course, not driving through it!) ... took a step and 'whooooph!' ... who put that ditch there?!
    The Snowmaker is pleased with that fix but wants some sea-level snow! Love driving in the snow, but was a little out of my comfort-zone when the trail started to disappear up-top and there was nothing & nobody around... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hi ! (waves) My name is Eskimocat and its been 3 days since I last saw snow. On that occasion I only managed to see a small snow shower of very tiny flakes which melted on impact with the ground. It was so light it could almost have been rain. So obviously that didn't count.

Yesterday with joy in my heart I headed towards the East of the country and vemently hoped I would see some of the glorious white stuff fall from the sky either on route or when I got there. Instead I got thick freezing fog and a gloriously sunny day. Then to add insult to injury, I got a text informing me that beautiful big white snow flakes were falling back at home... SICKENED...

Sigh... trying to stay brave for a possible reload in Feb. Bye.... waves and leaves the room

Is it still cold turkey when you're anticipating a lack of snow?? :-(
    Even with a pinch of salt thrown in, this turkey will taste decidedly mild this Christmas... I want Frozen Turkey! Dang-nammit, I'm going insane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Woo Hoo
    Let it snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A good dose of hail in East Galway now being topped with a nice coating of snow, Turkey is well on the way to being warmed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

There was a flurry an hour a in North Clare.

Advertisement