Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ICE [Bluetooth Handsfree] Device is back

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

This is back on groupon if you're in quick. Pinch of salt though, read this thread first. I had read it before, forgot about it, ordered it, and re-read it. Still happy for the price tbh, we'll see how it goes.

Retails off bluetoothworld's website for the slightly ridiculous price of £60 or £75 with the charger bundle, on sale for €19 and €23 respectively - just helped myself to one.

icedevice_1.jpg

Manufacturer
    Groupon Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Thinking i'll take a leap of faith and order one.

One question; does anybody know what microphone is used during calls?
    Is there a mic on the device itself, or one to place around the car wired or wirelessly?

I couldn't find anything on the site about it (may have just missed it though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im still waiting on my first order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Seems a good price ....... but Groupon .... no thanks not worth the hassle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Wouldn't touch groupon with a barge pole at this stage. Too much hassle with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I scoffed at my technologically illiterate other half buying one of these last time it was on sale. I've been eating copious amounts of humble pie since. :D Can't believe the regular price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Coonster

Anybody try and order their device on the site?

It says mine is invalid code :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Coonster wrote: »
    Anybody try and order their device on the site?

It says mine is invalid code :-(

I was getting the same problem, the code didnt start until 03Jan, it still wouldnt work yesterday, but worked today and got it ordered

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Yeah same for me - just ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's twice I've missed the bloody thing now! :mad:

viboy wrote: »
    Yeah same for me - just ordered.

I'm going to www.bluetoothworld.net/category/2-ice-device.aspx

I'm clicking on the product and then going to the shopping bag and then entering my coupon here and it's saying invalid code.

Is this the same steps that you are taking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Yes - that's what I done - bear in mind the code was being reported as invalid yesterday. Double check the PDF you got from groupon and make sure that the coupon was supposed to become active today.
    I'm going to www.bluetoothworld.net/category/2-ice-device.aspx

I'm clicking on the product and then going to the shopping bag and then entering my coupon here and it's saying invalid code.

Is this the same steps that you are taking?

viboy wrote: »
    Yes - that's what I done - bear in mind the code was being reported as invalid yesterday. Double check the PDF you got from groupon and make sure that the coupon was supposed to become active today.

It was active from 8pm last night, that's why people may have experienced problems trying to use it yesterday before 8pm.

I've emailed citydeals there and see what the story is with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

i bought this deal and put the order through on the 2nd? recieved confirmation email even though it also states on my voucher that its not activated until the 3rd,

I bought the car charger as an extra with mine, another person i know, didnt buy the charger as an extra and their voucher worked.

For anybody who bought the car charger, did your voucher work?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I bought the car charger with mine and the voucher worked

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I'm not signed up to groupon, and wanted to get this after seeing it last time... If I signed up to groupon now would I get the voucher? Or could someone please give me the coupon code?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carrollreid

I just tried to enter my code now, and it says it's invalid. I also went for the charger upgrade option.

Grr....:mad:

revz wrote: »
    I'm not signed up to groupon, and wanted to get this after seeing it last time... If I signed up to groupon now would I get the voucher? Or could someone please give me the coupon code?

No but they repeated it 2 or 3 times in the last month so just keep an eye out for it.

go to this link https://www.groupon.ie/deals/cork/bluetooth-world/2314803

and click on 'receive updates now'. You may need to sign up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 napa104

Hi, I'm having the same problem, i did notice that money hasn't yet been taken out of my bank account so maybe voucher isn't valid till money clears, just a thought

napa104 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having the same problem, i did notice that money hasn't yet been taken out of my bank account so maybe voucher isn't valid till money clears, just a thought

It has taken money from my account so i don't think thats what it is. i'm assuming if they sent you the code, then they have take payment for it

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Any updates on the voucher code not working, money taken from account but code still not working, sent an email no reply, also rang them gve up after 10 mins on hold :mad::mad::mad:

Hi,
    Any updates on the voucher code not working, money taken from account but code still not working, sent an email no reply, also rang them gve up after 10 mins on hold :mad::mad::mad:

I'm having the exact same problem and no reply from the Bluetooth company or groupon :-((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm having the exact same problem and no reply from the Bluetooth company or groupon :-((

try this address
    tickets=theboxnetwork.uservoice.com@mailgun.us

Hi, got a reply from Chris tickets@theboxnetwork.uservoice.com via mailgun.us who reset my voucher code and it now worked got a bunch of emails to say that order has been placed but reading some of the earlier threads i'm not certain that i'm going to get the unit in a timely fashion

Hi, got a reply from Chris tickets@theboxnetwork.uservoice.com via mailgun.us who reset my voucher code and it now worked got a bunch of emails to say that order has been placed but reading some of the earlier threads i'm not certain that i'm going to get the unit in a timely fashion

Thanks for that. A guy Bruce got back to me this morning and i sent him on the pdf of the Voucher and he re-issued it for me.

Ordered now and all so ill see it in another 2 months :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carrollreid

After a few emails and a reset of my voucher, it finally worked. I typed in the code, rather than cut & paste, so don't know if that was the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

After a few emails and a reset of my voucher, it finally worked. I typed in the code, rather than cut & paste, so don't know if that was the difference!
    Just got my ice Bluetooth and all ill say is don't bother ur wots his names its ****e, the transmitter is the cheapest I've ever come across. it actually causes more interference when its turned on than the static on blank radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 beauty007

I just got mine. Had ordered them on 21st december. I was keeping myself updated as to what was happening, and had requested them to let me know once it is dispatched. Long wait though! Hope it works, will give you my feedback soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Received mine today also.
    Ordered it on Tuesday 3rd January on the day that they said that the code would be activated.
    20 days waiting is very good considering some people are still waiting since November.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Still waiting. Ordered 7 December. Allegedly dispatched the 22cnd. No responses since then. Avoid.

Advertisement