Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ICE [Bluetooth Handsfree] Device is back

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Coonster

Mine arrived last Friday. All I can say is that I'm delighted with it. It's as good as a parrot without the hassle of connecting it up. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Ordered in December.recieved it 2 weeks ago. Only installed it yesterday as the fuse for the car lighter was dead. Anyway worked well for an hour and then just died. Looks like a really cheap piece of kit. Wonder if we can get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bmpsolutions

i have my device working well but i have be on the FM station that i am linked to ?
    Would have thought that if i was listening to another station on the radio i should still be able to take calls

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brady73

I'm flabbergasted that anyone actually got to make an order, never mind actually received the device?!?! I've been trying since early Jan to redeem my voucher and I can't even choose the item to put into my shopping basket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

I bought one in November, paid the postage etc. and it still hasn't arrived!

I have emailed both groupon and the sellers numerous times and have gotten lame excuses a number of times.

AVOID!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I managed to get contact with several guys regarding my device they were very helpful in tracking it.
    The device works well if a little complicated to get started.
    When a call comes through i have to tune to a specific band on FM, higher up the radio and then press the button on the device. If you achieve that it works ok.

[EMAIL="tickets@theboxnetwork.uservoice.com>"]tickets@theboxnetwork.uservoice.com>[/EMAIL] meant to add this mail contact, it may be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dermot241269

After waiting 9 weeks for my ice device, it arrived today. I can't get it to pair with my iphone4. It can see the device as ice comes up on my phone but refuses to connect to it. Any suggestions? I also don't know how it connects to a radio channel. I have put both radio and device to 88.1 but nothing happens, what am I not doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks D

I don't know if i am doing something stupid but when i have my radio on in the car and a call comes through i have to change channels press the button on the device, press answer on the phone, all while driving?? Also the reception from the radio is bad when the device is on??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have one...

Bought new car that has Bluetooth incorporated

Dont need it any more

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

I am getting constant interference on the radio is it anything to do with the frequency i selected for the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babouska

Stay away from these offers, I bought the original voucher in November, ordered it on the 6th December and 6 emails later, 4 different customer service reps , 2 promises of "we have raised a complaint on your behalf with the royal mail" and 2 promises of "we have passed your request for a refund to our financial department" and promises on each email that each of the above will be in contact with me I still have neither device nor refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

babouska wrote: »
    Stay away from these offers, I bought the original voucher in November, ordered it on the 6th December and 6 emails later, 4 different customer service reps , 2 promises of "we have raised a complaint on your behalf with the royal mail" and 2 promises of "we have passed your request for a refund to our financial department" and promises on each email that each of the above will be in contact with me I still have neither device nor refund.

Glad I'm not the only one, misery loves company and all!!

I am having the exact same problem :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babouska

I had to ring groupon to ask for refund, they said they were aware of a problem with the suppliers, groupon are going to sort out the refund for me from here. I'm also going to ring PayPal as the last email I got was so badly written I think the gist was we will refund the postage costs unless you paid for it totally with PayPal. So as they say, watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

hiya - I got mine, and actually like it (well I did like it until I lost my iphone connector piece). Emailed the company who replied saying I'd have to rebuy the WHOLE

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

hiya - I got mine, and actually like it (well I did like it until I lost my iphone connector piece). Emailed the company who replied saying I'd have to rebuy the WHOLE package as they sell items individually :mad:

I don't suppose anyone would have one spare I could have?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

babouska wrote: »

Bought one in December. Ordered end January. Arrived after around six weeks. Fantastic little device!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Renato99

Does this work with the iPhone 4? I can connect via Bluetooth but the device is silent when I play ipod through radio freq (tried many freqs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

No issues for me with delivery times. It's a great little hands free for the price and great that my other daughter can play games on my phone and I can still listen to music at the same time. (I had a cradle before and it was limited)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Renato99 wrote: »
    Does this work with the iPhone 4? I can connect via Bluetooth but the device is silent when I play ipod through radio freq (tried many freqs)

Works for me, check your output settings on the phone. I tuned in Xmas FM cos I knew it was an empty station :P

That worked fine and then I started getting interference so had to retune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ainm usaideoir

don't bother with this offer , after waiting for weeks (Christmas gift that never came!!) I finally got it , it works by connecting to your radio via fm but playing music from your phone comes out like a badly tuned station if i had the chance i'd get my money back its cheap , a few euros more you'll get a better piece of kit

Advertisement