Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE Device All-In-One Bluetooth Car Kit (€19)

Options
  • 24-11-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Just bought this myself. Almost 1400 bought at time of posting. It looks like a great deal, but just to keep in mind... they had this up on the UK site and sold almost 15000 of them, so whether we will get it before Christmas / at all is questionable.

You also need to pay delivery which works out at the princely sum of 54 pence sterling. Actually Groupon is claiming 6 euro delivery. When I put the order through myself the delivery said 54p so I guess I will wait and see on Monday.

I know Groupon have been getting themselves a bad rap recently, but I am willing to take the risk for less than €24. And should the company fail to deliver, Groupon should offer you a refund.

Edit: forgot the link... Buy it here.
    ICE Device All-In-One Bluetooth Car Kit (€19) Or With Universal Phone Charger Bundle (€23) from Bluetooth World (Up to 74% Off)

1322052243469.jpg

Highlights
    • Device includes LCD screen display, one year warranty, infrared remote, and car lighter plug
    • Wirelessly play music from your mobile phone through your car stereo
    • Hands-free chat through car speakers
    • Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled phones
    • Compatible with any car FM radio
    • MP3 player, SD card, and USB slots
    • Bundle includes various mobile phone charger adapters

ICE Device All-In-One Bluetooth Car Kit (€19) Or With Universal Phone Charger Bundle (€23) from Bluetooth World (Up to 74% Off)
    Before wireless technology was invented, people communicated through a sophisticated system involving cups, strings, and yelling through walls. Lower your voice with today’s Groupon from Bluetooth World. Choose from the following options:

• €19 for an ICE Device all-in-one Bluetooth car kit (73% off)

• €23 for an ICE Device all-in-one Bluetooth car kit plus universal phone charger bundle (74% off)

Keeping hands free to work the wheel, and mouths free to natter away, the ICE Device is a nifty Bluetooth contraption to help ensure safe driving while multi-tasking. Easily plugged into the car lighter for all manner of wireless enjoyment, the device allows drivers to make and receive calls through one-touch technology. Music can also be heard whether via FM radio or mp3, while the LCD display brightly displays track data, title, artist, and frequency. Those opting to grab the phone charger bundle can keep mobiles juiced up on the road with a range of adapters available for the majority of makes, including iPhone, Blackberry, HTC, Nokia, and Samsung, amongst others.

1317987334712.jpg

The Specifics
    • One year warranty
    • LCD screen display
    • Infrared remote control
    • Plugs into car lighter
    • Pairs with Bluetooth compatible devices
    • One-touch call answering
    • Make and receive calls wirelessly
    • Hands-free chat delivered through car speakers
    • Compatible with any car FM radio
    • Mp3 audio cable
    • Compatible with SD cards and USB devices (maximum size: 16 GB)
    • ICE Device Dimensions: 5.4cm (height) x 4.2cm (width) x 2.2cm (depth)
    • Universal Phone Charger Bundle: suitable for most phones, including iPhone and Blackberry

More About Bluetooth World
    As the name suggests, Bluetooth World has a penchant for all things wireless, blue, and toothy. They develop a wide range of innovative and fascinating concoctions utilising advanced Bluetooth technology, primarily for motor vehicles, such as the plug-in ICE device, ICE mirror, ICE solar speakers, and ICE wheel. For more information, click here.

1318000403400.jpg

How It Works
    1. Buy your Groupon
    2. We email you the voucher after the deal ends
    3. Voucher activates on Monday 28 November 2011 at 8pm
    4. Go to www.bluetoothworld.net/category/2-ice-device.aspx
    5. In the checkout, enter your voucher codes
    6. Have your credit/debit card details ready to pay the postage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know if it's much of a bargain really.

I've seen items similar to this on DX for much less..

Are they a good reliable brand?

EDIT: Oh, and here's the link to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I just bought one of these as well, it says there is a 2 to 4 week waiting time, be surprised if we get it before Christmas or at all! Going by reading this it doesnt look good!

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/groupon/T29H8RC4R9259T4LH

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Is it an FM transmitter, or how does it connect to your radio?

Edit: Actually found the answer the route is

Phone => Bluetooth => device => FM transmitter => car radio

So it receives in bluetooth and rebroadcasts on standard FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Basq wrote: »
    Don't know if it's much of a bargain really.

I've seen items similar to this on DX for much less..

Are they a good reliable brand?

EDIT: Oh, and here's the link to it!

Probably not reliable, no. But it does come with a one year warranty. And if you did need to send it back, the company is registered in the UK.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    I just bought one of these as well, it says there is a 2 to 4 week waiting time, be surprised if we get it before Christmas or at all! Going by reading this it doesnt look good!

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/groupon/T29H8RC4R9259T4LH

Thanks for the link. Reading through it, towards the end people have started receiving the devices (slowly). Anybody who has received it seems to be satisfied with it. Fingers crossed the guy who is running the website realises that there is a huge demand for them and gets them shipped a little quicker.

TBH, I imagine the delay was him having to order them from Asia. Don't those gadget websites allow you to become a reseller and just send orders directly to them? A middle man if you like.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Probably not reliable, no. But it does come with a one year warranty. And if you did need to send it back, the company is registered in the UK.

Thanks for the link. Reading through it, towards the end people have started receiving the devices (slowly). Anybody who has received it seems to be satisfied with it. Fingers crossed the guy who is running the website realises that there is a huge demand for them and gets them shipped a little quicker.

TBH, I imagine the delay was him having to order them from Asia. Don't those gadget websites allow you to become a reseller and just send orders directly to them? A middle man if you like.

Did anyone else order this?

• Advertisement

Guy in work here ordered one before I mentioned it to him. Don't forget that you need to actually order the device off the suppliers website with the code in the PDF file that was emailed to you. Everything so far seems ok, although the original site doesn't seem to be accepting orders and you get redirected to this site.

We put our orders through this morning and everything seems to be ok. Got an order number and what not.

Guy in work here ordered one before I mentioned it to him. Don't forget that you need to actually order the device off the suppliers website with the code in the PDF file that was emailed to you. Everything so far seems ok, although the original site doesn't seem to be accepting orders and you get redirected to this site.

We put our orders through this morning and everything seems to be ok. Got an order number and what not.

Ya i got an order number and paypal receipt. wonder how long we will be waiting for it though!

Probably a long time, but I will let you know as my order status changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

How much were you charged delivery? I jut got an email saying they under charged me :(

£6, so €7.19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

traceybere wrote: »
    How much were you charged delivery? I jut got an email saying they under charged me :(

I ordered mine last night at 8pm and I got an email 30 minutes ago saying I was undercharged. 15 minutes ago I paid the excess that I owe them and I hope my order is dispatched soon as its a christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Sold out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks like it automatically undercharges and there is no way to adjust it.
    i got charged £5 and it should be £6.

I await my mail in the morning..sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Would the iPhone connect to something like this, or would Apple-fascism block it?

I got charged 54p sterling for delivery and got an email telling me that it should have have been 5 pound sterling. Paid the excess there. Strange that everyone is getting different delivery rates...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

I got charged 54p sterling for delivery and got an email telling me that it should have have been 5 pound sterling. Paid the excess there. Strange that everyone is getting different delivery rates...

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Soarer wrote: »
    Would the iPhone connect to something like this, or would Apple-fascism block it?

It say's it works with iPhone's which is why I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

These are back today, has anyone ever used one before??

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

When advertised on groupon it listed the postage as 4.95 euro and i was just charged 7.19 euro,looking through the forums in england not many people have recieved anything after six weeks and those that did say it's not that impressive. Sorry i ordered mine

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

if we were smart we would recommend this deal to eachother and get €6 credit which would make it really cheap! Just a thought Mods feel free to delete if its against the rules!!

• Advertisement

Dont just accept their email that you short paid on shipping.
    I got an email that I only paid 54 p and not £5.
    I have both a paypal receipt and credit card statement to show I paid £5.

I've emailed them back with copies of both disputing their claim. I wait and see:confused:

Has anyone received a dispatch receipt or anything yet? Really hope these arrive soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Dont just accept their email that you short paid on shipping.
    I got an email that I only paid 54 p and not £5.
    I have both a paypal receipt and credit card statement to show I paid £5.

I've emailed them back with copies of both disputing their claim. I wait and see:confused:
    Did exactly the same myself and have yet to receive a response.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Has anyone received a dispatch receipt or anything yet? Really hope these arrive soon!

With the volume of orders that were placed, I think you will be lucky to get it before Christmas.
    dcr22B wrote: »
    Did exactly the same myself and have yet to receive a response.

I got charged 54p when I ordered, so I paid the excess. No more emails as yet from the company. Strange that it was charging different amounts. Maybe it depended on what day / time you were ordering? I ordered mine on Tuesday morning, IIRC.

I got an email saying I under paid and sent them proof I paid the right amount. Ive heard nothing since :confused:

I ordered mine on Wednesday evening and received an e-mail on Friday afternoon asking for the additional postage.

I waited to respond until I checked my Paypal receipt (which showed the full amount of postage paid) and a couple of days later that amount was confirmed on my online credit card statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Got the voucher with code a few days ago. However, when I click on the link, it tells me service is unavailable.

Anyone else having the same problem?

That site was redirecting to http://www.splashgearmusic.co.uk/ up until a while ago. I imagine your order will work through that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Evilbart wrote: »
    When advertised on groupon it listed the postage as 4.95 euro and i was just charged 7.19 euro,looking through the forums in england not many people have recieved anything after six weeks and those that did say it's not that impressive. Sorry i ordered mine

Was also charged €7.20 for P&P even though should have been 4.95 - have e-mailed them about this after been asked to do so by citydeal.ie - will let you know outcome - you should probably do the same.

• Advertisement

Just spoke to somebody in Groupon there re the undercharging of the postage and my case where I was charged the correct amount.

They have not got any further contact details for BluetoothWorld and as I have also already redeemed my voucher, they advised me to persist with trying to contact BluetoothWorld so I'll be sending them another mail shortly to try and establish why I was mistakenly sent an e-mail requesting the extra postage to be paid when I had already done so.

Advertisement