Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Stev_o wrote: »
    Isn't this the guy who says that he chose the No 19 jersey to be 1 better then Manning? Seems a bit of a cocky dude who doesn't live up to his words.

Never heard that about him, but if he did I imagine it was in jest and just to win favour with the Chattanooga fans who wouldn't be the biggest fans of Tennessee players.
    Paully D wrote: »
    JaMarcus, tell me more about these guys please:

Gino Gradkowski
    Christian Thompson
    Asa Jackson
    Tommy Streeter
    Deangelo Tyson

Don't know a lot about Gradkowski, all I know is that the Delaware offensive line is one of the better lower school O-lines in college football so I imagine he was a big contributor to that. Anytime I would have seen him play would have been watching Pat Devlin tape last year but I wasn't taking any notice of the O-line.

Thompson, again don't know much about him, but I'd hazard a guess he was selected as a special teams investment and that might be where his true value is.

I really like Asa Jackson, definitely one of the best small school guys in the draft. Always seems to make plays - might not look glamorous doing it but he gets the job done breaking up a LOT of passes and gets to the ball quickly. Are the Ravens stuck for someone to cover the slot? Because if they are he could be the guy eventually.

Streeter is another good pick, he's an athletic freak and is absolutely huge. Definitely going to be a popular red zone target for Flacco if he gets enough game time - there's not a defensive back in the league he wouldn't be able to beat in a 1 on 1 high ball situation. He's what get labelled as "raw" but has a lot going for him to build on.

Tyson is a strange one to figure out, he never got any headlines in Georgia but they all love him. Was always hailed as their defensive leader which is never a bad thing. He never wowed me personally but I guess he's a hard worker which is always appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

You're verging over from a bit of fun into genuinely insulting when you've got some guy on stage with a 'Mr. Irrelevant' jersey when you're making the last pick. I feel sorry for Chandler Harnish having to watch that.

Darron Thomas must feel like a prize idiot right now, forgoing a senior year as QB of a serious national title contender to be an undrafted free agent.

Chandler Harnish is far too good to be Mr. Irrelevant :(

Surprised Chase Minnifield didn't get drafted although I'm hearing there's big knee concerns there too. Dwight Jones is another one, was sure he'd get picked. Was a first round prospect at the start of this season. Michael Brewster, Tauren Poole, Gerrell Robinson, Chris Owusu and DeAngelo Peterson not getting picked are pretty big surprises too.

Then you've got the very talented but concerns elsewhere guys like Harris, Burfict and Donte Paige-Moss.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

This is what Chandler Harnish has to look forward to.

I personally am disapointed that it wasn't a 350 pound nose tackle or guard that was the lucky guy. That would have made brilliant viewing.

• Advertisement

Ravens have signed John Brantley already, and Jonas Gray is a Dolphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Can I take the tommy streeter one. He is a potential superstar imo.

He is a raw 6ft 5 speedster. Ran a ridiculous 4.4 40 at the combine. He has good hands and is a big play threat who can stretch a D.

Couple of issues are he is a one season wonder and that he has little to no experience of running anything but go routes.

That said he has huge potential because of his mix of height, speed and hands.
    Never heard that about him, but if he did I imagine it was in jest and just to win favour with the Chattanooga fans who wouldn't be the biggest fans of Tennessee players.

Don't know a lot about Gradkowski, all I know is that the Delaware offensive line is one of the better lower school O-lines in college football so I imagine he was a big contributor to that. Anytime I would have seen him play would have been watching Pat Devlin tape last year but I wasn't taking any notice of the O-line.

Thompson, again don't know much about him, but I'd hazard a guess he was selected as a special teams investment and that might be where his true value is.

I really like Asa Jackson, definitely one of the best small school guys in the draft. Always seems to make plays - might not look glamorous doing it but he gets the job done breaking up a LOT of passes and gets to the ball quickly. Are the Ravens stuck for someone to cover the slot? Because if they are he could be the guy eventually.

Streeter is another good pick, he's an athletic freak and is absolutely huge. Definitely going to be a popular red zone target for Flacco if he gets enough game time - there's not a defensive back in the league he wouldn't be able to beat in a 1 on 1 high ball situation. He's what get labelled as "raw" but has a lot going for him to build on.

Tyson is a strange one to figure out, he never got any headlines in Georgia but they all love him. Was always hailed as their defensive leader which is never a bad thing. He never wowed me personally but I guess he's a hard worker which is always appreciated.

Brilliant stuff lads, cheers! :D

Cyhl Quarles ‏ @CyhlQ5 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    I am officially a Baltimore Raven!

^^^

Cliff Harris is an Eagle.
    Janzen Jackson is a Giant.
    Dale Moss is a Packer.

Also rumours that Kellen Moore is signing with the Lions.

Michael Brewster to the Jaguars, a Chris Owusu to the 49ers.

Jeff Fuller to the Dolphins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Polk gone to the eagles

Burfict going to the Bengals

Case Keenum to the Texans

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Also rumours that Kellen Moore is signing with the Lions.

Yeah looking likely alright

From Twitter:
    Source: Boise St. QB Kellen Moore will sign with the #Lions

Called it a few weeks back as well:D
    Lionbacker wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Detroit actually, as a late round pick.
    They are on the look out for a new QB after Stanton left & Titus Young played with Kellen last year before he was drafted by the Lions, so he may be talking him up.
    He could end up being the number 2 QB as well in a few years, as Hill is getting on a bit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

32 is 'getting on'? Like, c'mon. Hill's one of the very best back-ups in the league, the Lions have a great deck at QB now.

Chase Minnifield signing with the Redskins. Relieved for him, felt really bad reading his tweets on twitter about how he was sure his knee was okay.

Gerrell Robinson to Denver. VERY good UDFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Really surprised by Dennard. Got smoked in his senior bowl and really sucks as a person. I hope BB can turn his character issues around becuase he's a good talent. He was never in the top corners of this draft but charcter issues aside he would of been a high 3rd round pick imo.

Pats fans have to happy with this draft so far though, so a risk here isn't too bad.

Dennard could be a fantastic pick for the Pats if he matures. Projected as an early 2nd rounder for a long time until his off the field issues took over. He's a real boom or bust project but so late in the draft he's worth taking a punt on I guess.

Then again he has taken a swing at a cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

rb polk to eagles i know hes got issues with his shoulder but if thats ok how good can he be

Paully D wrote: »
    Burfict will end up at the Bengals as an UDFA.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

nerd69 wrote: »
    rb polk to eagles i know hes got issues with his shoulder but if thats ok how good can he be

A first round RB. Without the should and "hip" issues he's probably the second best RB in the draft basically have the steal of the draft right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

Polk is a good talent but I'm not sure he's the second best back. Personally I'd have at least Doug Martin and David Wilson ahead of him for that number two spot. He might be in a group with Lamar Miller, Hillman and a number of others but I think they're all relatively close and depending who you ask the rankings can dramatically change.

I certainly don't think he was considered a first round talent even without injury issues.

Looking forward to the 2013 draft already - absolutely stacked with offensive talent :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looking forward to the 2013 draft already - absolutely stacked with offensive talent :D

Doesn't Mel Kiper have Denard Robinson down as the 2nd best WR in next years draft ? Its gonna have some excellent QBs but after that I don't know !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm pleased with Hightower and Jones but the secondary should have been viewed at a little more I think. Hopefully Dennard and Wilson will help those positions. Still have nightmares from that pass defence last year.

Doesn't Mel Kiper have Denard Robinson down as the 2nd best WR in next years draft ? Its gonna have some excellent QBs but after that I don't know !

That must be a joke, because next years WR class looks amazing imo. 4 elite 1st round talents in there already. The RB class looks a bit weak, but in Lattimore you have - assuming he recovers from his torn ACL - the best RB prospect in recent history, even better than AP. After him though, there's not a whole heap but a lot can change in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Can anyone tell me why Kellan Moore wasnt picked??

Ignore.. just seen he signed with the Lions..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Can anyone tell me why Kellan Moore wasnt picked??

He was picked but his height is seen as an issue for the Pro game but Drew Brees shows if you are good enough height isn't an issue. Boise having a soft schedule would probably have gone against him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

deisedude wrote: »
    He was picked but his height is seen as an issue for the Pro game but Drew Brees shows if you are good enough height isn't an issue. Boise having a soft schedule would probably have gone against him too.

Yet strangely enough Russell Wilson went in the 3rd and he's an inch smaller. Mind you, from watching the Gruden camps videos looking at his stats Wilson looks a quality player. Not sure I buy into the height thing as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Yet strangely enough Russell Wilson went in the 3rd and he's an inch smaller. Mind you, from watching the Gruden camps videos looking at his stats Wilson looks a quality player. Not sure I buy into the height thing as such.

it does matter a lot of vicks picks are because he dosent see a cb over a lineman also it means you have to draft shorter linemen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

It's not just the height with Kellen Moore. It's his arm strength and athleticism combined with his height which means unfortunately for him the most he can hope for is probably to be a career back-up.

Russell Wilson on the other hand while being slightly smaller is a good athlete, has a good arm and by playing behind possibly the largest o-line in college football at Wisconsin he's proved that he can still see the field well enough to have success.

Both will be up against it in the NFL but these are the reason why Wilson drafted in the 3rd and why Kellen Moore went undrafted.

Advertisement