Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

gota agree with jamarcus on this one if arian foster was taken in the 3rd people woulda been pissed but hed still be a steal rb is the hardest position to quantify

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Grow up.

Hillman is a very good running back.

Why not Lamar Miller though? Almost nobody had him a top 100 player. all i've seen today were three very panicky reaches. Wolfe would have been there at 57, Osweiler at 67 and Hillman tomorrow. Not so much the idea as the execution, it's been a bit of a shambles tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

spiralism wrote: »
    Why not Lamar Miller though? Almost nobody had him a top 100 player. all i've seen today were three very panicky reaches. Wolfe would have been there at 57, Osweiler at 67 and Hillman tomorrow. Not so much the idea as the execution, it's been a bit of a shambles tbh.

Maybe they prefer Hillman? Who knows, he was hugely productive at college and was his team's best player.

Here's a wild, wacky idea - how about you give him a chance before you berate absolutely everything your team ever does? Its grown very tiresome around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just realised that the Raiders have the last pick of the night. I thought they weren't picking 'til Tuesday.

he could end up better than miller once you get to this stage you cant rely solely on what the experts say if that was the case there would be no undrafted free agents
    Maybe they prefer Hillman? Who knows, he was hugely productive at college and was his team's best player.

Here's a wild, wacky idea - how about you give him a chance before you berate absolutely everything your team ever does? Its grown very tiresome around here.

come on jamarcus it wouldnt be the draft if people didnt overreact :D

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Just realised that the Raiders have the last pick of the night. I thought they weren't picking 'til Tuesday.

Compensatory picks

If you had Josh McDaniels in charge for two years you'd be very sketchy about any remotely sketchy personnel decision for a long time afterwards. I'll forever remember him as the man who broke my optimism with the Broncos and turned me into a miserable bastard.

And hey, i'll lay off my own team when we eventually win more than 8 games again, though with Manning in now, 10 has to be the target at least.

If you had Josh McDaniels in charge for two years you'd be very sketchy about any remotely sketchy personnel decision for a long time afterwards. I'll forever remember him as the man who broke my optimism with the Broncos and turned me into a miserable bastard.

you got payton buddy your gona have a good year regardless

nerd69 wrote: »
    you got payton buddy your gona have a good year regardless

True. Would be nice to get him a bit more help though. Even the picks aren't too bad, its where they're being selected that i've the problem with.

Surprising stat on Twitter: Only one QB went today and it was Osweiler to us. Who woulda thunk it..

Great pick from Seattle!

• Advertisement

Only took them three rounds to make a decent one! Good Flynn insurance there.

Imo we're worming our way back into the third some way or another. especially if Sanu is still lurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Love that Wilson pick. Fun to watch at NC State before his transfer.

Lamar Miller to the Jets, nice one there.

EDIT: Stupid twitter, it was Demario Davis :o

cb still has some good value

Jack (Elway) is one of my best friends,” said Osweiler about John Elway’s son. “We lived one floor away from each other back in the dorms at Arizona State. Jack and myself have become great friends over the past three years, like I said I feel this is a perfect fit, and I can’t wait to get to Denver.

Love the enthusiasm mind but that's one way to get noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

GAMEPASS BACK WORKING !!!

Russell Wilson's wife was very happy he got drafted.

gf1_1_medium.jpg
    gf2_1_medium.jpg

Russell Wilson's wife was very happy he got drafted.

gf1_1_medium.jpg
    gf2_1_medium.jpg

I'd draft her in the third round!

good god its like her jaw is detachable she looks like shes gona eat him

Now in glorious GIF form.

wilsongf_medium.gif

• Advertisement

haha poor girl shes never gona hear the end of this

...and there goes Sanu

That Sanu prank phonecall story is awful! :eek:

....and a little bit funny! :o

Gonna go with the Pats selecting one of DeQuan Menzie, Ron Brooks or Joe Adams up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

RB for the Ravens :confused:

Ok Ricky Williams retired but we drafted Anthony Allen last year and he was going to step up

I was definitely not expecting a RB this high

I just found out who coached Ronnie Hillman as a kid:

f9e1f298b7f9705c1e1b59b5ac729af4.jpg

No, i'm not taking the piss either.

Also, the longer Lamar Miller and his 4.40 40yd time wait around, the closer he gets to being picked by Oakland at the end of the round :pac:

Also, the longer Lamar Miller and his 4.40 40yd time wait around, the closer he gets to being picked by Oakland at the end of the round :pac:

al davis is gone though dont think davis junior shares his hard on for the combine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Slightly drunk in the middle of this and NFL network is telling me all sorts of bat**** crazy stuff.. aside from that Sanu to Bengals in the third is a really good pick IMO.

Where we now?

nerd69 wrote: »
    al davis is gone though dont think davis junior shares his hard on for the combine

Ahh but it'll take a bit more than that for people to stop associating good 40 times with the Raiders...some things never change!

• Advertisement

Miller needs surgery after the draft, hence the reluctance from anyone to pick him.

Advertisement