Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Burfict to the Pats maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ebner seems like a good pick, he ll do great in ST and if he gets a chance on any plays he'll be tackle strong.

Robert Turbin is also a great pick for the Seahawks he's a straight swap for Skittles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Alfonzo Dennard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots nab Dennard:D

Could be the steal of the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Is Kellen Moore still on the board? Really hope he gets his name called

eagle eye wrote: »
    Patriots nab Dennard:D

Could be the steal of the draft.

Worth the risk. You lose nothing if he cant get on straight and narrow. If he works out its a great pick.

All the skills to be a good starting corner imo

Stev_o wrote: »
    Robert Turbin is also a great pick for the Seahawks he's a straight swap for Skittles.

Turbin is an excellent pick up at this stage. I wanted Giants to take him in the 4th before we drafted Wilson.

How did Nate Potter drop to the 7th as well. Seems like good addition for the Cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Ebner seems like a good pick, he ll do great in ST and if he gets a chance on any plays he'll be tackle strong.

How can you judge him? He barely played last year. He'd a tiny amount of defensive snaps.

But Buckeyes have done reasonably well in the draft. I read he had a pretty good school pro day and started tracking some attention then. From short reading he seems level headed, dedicated and a realist. But there is very little about him out there due to his snap time.

I don't think you can call him a 'good pick' becuase we know very little about the guy. I'm not doubting BB, I'm just saying we know next to nothing about this kid.

I'm gonna go with a bold prediction that we take Burflict at 235 now.:pac:

• Advertisement

How can you judge him? He barely played last year. He'd a tiny amount of defensive snaps.

But Buckeyes have done reasonably well in the draft. I read he had a pretty good school pro day and started tracking some attention then. From short reading he seems level headed, dedicated and a realist. But there is very little about him out there due to his snap time.

I don't think you can call him a 'good pick' becuase we know very little about the guy. I'm not doubting BB, I'm just saying we know next to nothing about this kid.
    He is a STs ace so its a good pick because its a safe gamble, you know you will get productivity out of him on STs so there is no downside to taking him in the 6th round.

I wonder will anyone take a chance on Cliff Harris?

Ridiculously talented, and a sensational return guy but also huge character concerns having been dismissed from Oregon.

Really surprised by Dennard. Got smoked in his senior bowl and really sucks as a person. I hope BB can turn his character issues around becuase he's a good talent. He was never in the top corners of this draft but charcter issues aside he would of been a high 3rd round pick imo.

Pats fans have to happy with this draft so far though, so a risk here isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Rough on Kirk Cousins being drafted by the Redskins, it's the very worst position you could be in if your aim is to be a starter one day. You can't even trot out the 'oh, he'll learn behind a great' card, this'll be all about his coaching and his own development. I guess he'll have to hope he impresses over the next four years and there's Matt Flynn-level interest after his rookie contract expires. The only other hope would be a injury to RG3, which there's always a good chance of when you're a QB that'll make a few real runs a game.

I wonder will anyone take a chance on William Vlachos?

Surprised Chris Polk hasn;t gone he's the Arian Foster of this draft imo.

Markus Kuhn a 6ft 4, 303lb, DT from NC State, out of Weinhei Germany is Giants final pick.

Cannot find any info about the guy playing stats. He was a back-up DT who has played a career high 21 snaps in a game.

Odd, odd pick :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Burfict will end up at the Bengals as an UDFA.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Markus Kuhn a 6ft 4, 303lb, DT from NC State, out of Weinhei Germany is Giants final pick.

Cannot find any info about the guy playing stats. He was a back-up DT who has played a career high 21 snaps in a game.

Odd, odd pick :confused:

Yeah, tbh I've never heard a thing about him. If you can find any good articles on him, pass it my way.

If Polk goes undrafted then something must of come up in his medical, mean come on this guy is a beast! He'll make teams pay for not drafting him.

• Advertisement

Nice pick from the Packers in B.J. Coleman. Plays the game almost exactly the same as Peyton Manning, albeit not at such a high level. Watch his dropbacks and mannerisms on youtube, eerily similar to Manning. Well, maybe not so eerie considering the first thing he did at UT Chattanooga was ask for all the Manning gametape they had.

If Polk goes undrafted then something must of come up in his medical, mean come on this guy is a beast! He'll make teams pay for not drafting him.

He has a degenerative hip. He's battled through it in college, but it really limits how much a team will get out of him. The cartilage in his hip doesn't repair itself like it would a normal person, it's pretty much a form of arthritis. It's unfortunate because he's very talented.

Nice pick from the Packers in B.J. Coleman. Plays the game almost exactly the same as Peyton Manning, albeit not at such a high level. Watch his dropbacks and mannerisms on youtube, eerily similar to Manning. Well, maybe not so eerie considering the first thing he did at UT Chattanooga was ask for all the Manning gametape they had.

Isn't this the guy who says that he chose the No 19 jersey to be 1 better then Manning? Seems a bit of a cocky dude who doesn't live up to his words.

JaMarcus, tell me more about these guys please:

Gino Gradkowski
    Christian Thompson
    Asa Jackson
    Tommy Streeter
    Deangelo Tyson

He has a degenerative hip. He's battled through it in college, but it really limits how much a team will get out of him. The cartilage in his hip doesn't repair itself like it would a normal person, it's pretty much a form of arthritis. It's unfortunate because he's very talented.

Still this is the 7th round! He's worth a throw of the dice, the positives outweigh the negatives this late in the draft you don't have anything to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Isn't this the guy who says that he chose the No 19 jersey to be 1 better then Manning? Seems a bit of a cocky dude who doesn't live up to his words.

No, it wasn't like that at all

That number belonged to the greatest Colt [Baltimore Colt that is] QB Johnny Unitas

He wanted the number as a nod of respect to Unitas

"Watching old game highlights from the 50s and 60s and reading about his career has inpired me to model my game and the way I carry myself after his career to the best of my ability," state Coleman who traveled to Louisville six years ago to see the Unitas display at the University.

Yeah, tbh I've never heard a thing about him. If you can find any good articles on him, pass it my way.

Ok here we go

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272223

He has grown to 6ft 5 and slimmed down to 299lbs.

Ran an excellent 4.89 40 at the combine. Finished last year with 45 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks and 3 passes defended.

He is a DE/DT. If he works out could be nice replacement for Tollefson.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

The Browns drafted a TE called Brad Smelley.

:pac:

revz wrote: »
    The Browns drafted a TE called Brad Smelley.

:pac:

Played with Alabama, didn't he? I remember sniggering to myself any time he was mentioned during the championship game against LSU :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Tommy Streeter

Can I take the tommy streeter one. He is a potential superstar imo.

He is a raw 6ft 5 speedster. Ran a ridiculous 4.4 40 at the combine. He has good hands and is a big play threat who can stretch a D.

Couple of issues are he is a one season wonder and that he has little to no experience of running anything but go routes.

That said he has huge potential because of his mix of height, speed and hands.

Advertisement