Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello??... its me... the guy from the bar!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

could you have analysed the situation any more :eek:
    ****ing hell the amount of retarded threads like this, unnecessarily over-thinking everything

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

Dunny! wrote: »
    Hand in your penis and man card.

Yes!!! i'm well aware of this and totally agree......... i want to know from the girls tho is how they want to be approached by the guy in this situation were they do this and from the other perspective of the guys and how they go about it........ the opening line is hardly " hi there, so i noticed you were grinding your arse into me :)"

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

If you're Car-azy enough to do those Car-azy dance moves you should surely be Car-azy enough to lay the bleedin' gob...

lay the gob next time, lay it hard my friend...

--LOS-- wrote: »
    could you have analysed the situation any more :eek:
    ****ing hell the amount of retarded threads like this, unnecessarily over-thinking everything

just saying

http://youtu.be/iHdukqc2fJA

don't know how to imbed or whatever

zuzuzu wrote: »
    Yes!!! i'm well aware of this and totally agree......... i want to know from the girls tho is how they want to be approached by the guy in this situation were they do this and from the other perspective of the guys and how they go about it........ the opening line is hardly " hi there, so i noticed you were grinding your arse into me :)"

That wouldn't be a bad start at all IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

If you're Car-azy enough to do those Car-azy dance moves you should surely be Car-azy enough to lay the bleedin' gob...

lay the gob next time, lay it hard my friend...
    Is it not "lob the gob"?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Her inability to read your mind was the telling factor, haha.

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Is it not "lob the gob"?

Depends on what part of the country you're in...

Smack the gob is also acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How old are you OP?

Her inability to read your mind was the telling factor, haha.

I don't understand this response?? her intentions were clear in my opinion and from the previous posts on here??.... it was more my inability tro step up and introduce myself was the telling factor i think?? :)

• Advertisement

Hello??... its me... the guy from the bar!!!

The old advertisements on TV for text messaging came straight into my head :D. Is that were you got the quote from, or was it just coincidence?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭muracan

A definitive case of beer goggle m'laud.

How old are you OP?

27... i should know better... but most of my "encounters" with a lady have come under a curtain of alcohol........ i haven't been as drunk as i might normally be tonight.... but weirdly had a more enjoyable night??.. this situation exluded :P

27... i should know better... but most of my "encounters" with a lady have come under a curtain of alcohol........ i haven't been as drunk as i might normally be tonight.... but weirdly had a more enjoyable night??.. this situation exluded :P

Are you in Australia OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

i found myself cut off from my friends boogying away

I am sure you did..

The old advertisements on TV for text messaging came straight into my head :D. Is that were you got the quote from, or was it just coincidence?!

that was the quote i was thinking of..... probably not entirely the same sort of situation but thought it'd get a reaction...:)..... meteor was it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

esat digifone

I am sure you did..

I fail to see the fuuny point of this post??... that dude is brilliant :)

that was the quote i was thinking of..... probably not entirely the same sort of situation but thought it'd get a reaction...:)..... meteor was it??

I believe it was Meteor, yeah. Ah.. such an old obscure ad. The things that bring us all together. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ahhhhh the OP was smitten, smitten like a kitten.

Then 10 years past, he waited and waited but he never met her again, he died of a broken heart.

I should write Mills and Boons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I mean no disrespect, as just about everyone goes through what you've talked about. But some day, you'll look back at this and feel absolutely ridiculous. I know it *seems* like an unbelievably complex minefield of intricate social interactions - where you need to decipher a hidden meaning in seemingly innocent/normal gestures from someone you are interested in, without violating any of the social expectations yourself.

So you spend hours, or days, re analysing every, single, little thing she did. How often she looked at you, how often she smiled, what angle she faced while dancing, if she danced 'closer' to your general direction or further, etc, etc, etc.

But it's not complicated. Not at all.

To answer your questions....

1.) You might as well piss on some tea leaves and try to find meaning in that; it'll work just as well as what you are doing here. Only one who knows if she's into you is her.

2.) IF she fancied you, and you approached her, it would go well. If she doesn't fancy you and you approach her, she will reject you. If she's a real b***h, she might reject you meanly.

3.) Just walk over and say, 'Hi'. If she finds you attractive and was eyeing you from across the room, just don't be a total retard. Since everyone is dancing, you could try something like 'Hi. You wanna dance'.

Reverse the situation for a second. Let's say you were at a club and saw a girl who you thought was amazing. And after exchanging a few glances she shoots you an amazing smile, and walks over. Do you really care what she says? 'Hi' works. Seriously. It works about a million times better than doing nothing.

Worst case scenario you would have left your friends for two minutes, talked to a girl, had her laugh in your face, and you'd be none the worse for it.

Best case scenario you would have met your future wife/love of your life.

That's a pretty good risk/reward, IHMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

More evidence that women do in fact chat up men by walking backwards into men. They often have navigator facing them instructing them where to walk backwards.

Do you mean when girls are dancing beside a guy they sort of just reverse into them, or are you saying that girls actually approach guys backwards, like from the other side of the dancefloor? A navigator.. wtf. My first impression of such a girl would be that she's fcuking retarded.

Not from the opposite side of the room, nearby. She often has a friend facing her telling here which way to go. Ie the navigator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Dunny! wrote: »
    esat digifone
    I believe it was Meteor, yeah. Ah.. such an old obscure ad. The things that bring us all together. :D

Are all you old people not thinking of the "Howaya Kate?" ad from O2 some years ago, this ad?

Dionysus wrote: »
    Are all you old people not thinking of the "Howaya Kate?" ad from O2 some years ago, this ad?

Get outta here, and bring yer accuracy with you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

373950_10150558084883465_129446698464_10895301_1348979922_n.jpg

You should have started dancing with her (making it obvious you wanted to dance with her in particular) and seen how she reacted to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Thta's the one I was thinking of anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Should have just said Hi and gone for a kiss if she looked happy with you. I can't understand a grown man not being able to kiss a girl without being locked. I know one or two lads the same. Nothing wrong with them either. She won't eat you ffs.

Yes that is the main crux of the thread :).......... just kidding but good find,, .... it is a style of ad that meteor would come out with tho imo........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

that old saying from the cable guy is applicable here: he who hesitates, masturbates

Advertisement