Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello??... its me... the guy from the bar!!!

Options
  • 26-12-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Ok folks,,... so I was out tonight and had a great time with friends (mixture of male/female) and acting the messer's as we do ( silly dancing and acting the eejit)......... had an awesome night anyway but one slight niggling doubt in my mind which i've found is becoming more recent and i've no clue how to deal with it.....when we first went into the club there were two girls together and one catched my eye.. we had a bit of eye contact and thought nothing of it and went back to my mates and got my drink........ through the course of the night my mates and I found a great wee spot were we could go mad and dance while still drinking away to our hearts content and not being in any ones way............. so the main case of the situation was we were dancing away and i spotted the two girls close by us dancing away... thought nothing of it and went back into the focus of these mates with our ludicrous dance moves....... over the song any way these girls came closer towards us and there was a point were i found myself cut off from my friends boogying away by the two aforementioned girls....... girl i had the "eye contact" with had her back to me and was kinda knocking into me... at this point i was thinking this girl may be interested in me but was still unsure/gutless whether i was right or not??..... What i ended up doing was moving myself around these two girls and reconnected with my group of friends and then pretty much immediately the two girls went to the other side of the dance floor to dance away.......... i kept me eye on them though and through the night and again there was a stage were they were back over dancing near us and my self and the girl in question were pretty much dancing back to back and i still couldn't turn around and make the move.... then out of the blue it was decided that we were leaving cause it was getting boring so i never got my chance........

So my question is basically three fold............
    1. Was this girl actually interested in me or am i going mad (or big headed)??
    2. ladies, how would you like a guy to approach you in this situation??
    3. lads... how would you actually go about approaching this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I first read the title, I immediately thought " Yeah? serve me my ****ing drink already!"

But eh yeah, you should have talked to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Sure why wouldnt she be interested in you, like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Home already?? Must have been a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

she only wanted you to buy her drinks and maybe a taxi home.

you wont find her here !! (go back and stalk the club)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I put all eye contact I maintain down to either them having a lazy eye, me having a lazy eye or both of us having lazy eyes.

• Advertisement

First night ever out.. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Won't be long before the OP gets barred.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You should have let her know that you were interested in her..

Here's some tips for future reference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

how did you do this, do you own a delorean,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭recyclebin

is there not already a legendary after hours thread about girls backing into guys to get their attention.

Edit here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055717847

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I do not believe this...:eek:Its on a plate for ya! So you ask for advice on AH??

My considered advice for you is, shes probably gone home by now, with some guy with at least 2 brain cells who can't believe his luck!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Red Hand wrote: »
    or both of us having lazy eyes.

:D

Maybe you have lazy eyes for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Home already?? Must have been a great night.

well daycent enough... 2.45am here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

She fancied you OP.

Also, your references to your "kerrazy!" dancing made me think that this might be you.

Godsentme wrote: »
    I do not believe this...:eek:Its on a plate for ya! So you ask for advice on AH??

My considered advice for you is, shes probably gone home by now, with some guy with at least 2 brain cells who can't believe his luck!:D

I 110% agree with this post.... If i knew how to do thanks yet i would!!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

She went home went me. After hot sweaty sex, I threw her out for eating taytos in bed. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

These threads always look desperate and cringy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

zuzuzu wrote: »
    well daycent enough... 2.45am here :)
    Oh I was thinking this wasn't in Ireland, no way the women here would make the first move unless you had a big bag of money or looked like Brad Pitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Are you sure you are into women?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I'm guessing she might play little league baseball if she was able to catched your eye like that.

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    is there not already a legendary after hours thread about girls backing into guys to get their attention.

Edit here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055717847

Haha that thread is awesome... pretty much the same idea....... Does that make me one of the good looking people??....... this girl was way too cute to be trying to get my attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Oh I was thinking this wasn't in Ireland, no way the women here would make the first move unless you had a big bag of money or looked like Brad Pitt.

So this is a...foreign woman we're talking about? That changes everything, all women who aren't Irish are sexy and gagging for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

zuzuzu wrote: »
    Ok folks,,... so I was out tonight and had a great time with friends (mixture of male/female) and acting the messer's as we do ( silly dancing and acting the eejit)......... had an awesome night anyway but one slight niggling doubt in my mind which i've found is becoming more recent and i've no clue how to deal with it.....when we first went into the club there were two girls together and one catched my eye.. we had a bit of eye contact and thought nothing of it and went back to my mates and got my drink........ through the course of the night my mates and I found a great wee spot were we could go mad and dance while still drinking away to our hearts content and not being in any ones way............. so the main case of the situation was we were dancing away and i spotted the two girls close by us dancing away... thought nothing of it and went back into the focus of these mates with our ludicrous dance moves....... over the song any way these girls came closer towards us and there was a point were i found myself cut off from my friends boogying away by the two aforementioned girls....... girl i had the "eye contact" with had her back to me and was kinda knocking into me... at this point i was thinking this girl may be interested in me but was still unsure/gutless whether i was right or not??..... What i ended up doing was moving myself around these two girls and reconnected with my group of friends and then pretty much immediately the two girls went to the other side of the dance floor to dance away.......... i kept me eye on them though and through the night and again there was a stage were they were back over dancing near us and my self and the girl in question were pretty much dancing back to back and i still couldn't turn around and make the move.... then out of the blue it was decided that we were leaving cause it was getting boring so i never got my chance........

So my question is basically three fold............
    1. Was this girl actually interested in me or am i going mad (or big headed)??
    2. ladies, how would you like a guy to approach you in this situation??
    3. lads... how would you actually go about approaching this??

More evidence that women do in fact chat up men by walking backwards into men. They often have navigator facing them instructing them where to walk backwards.

I made a thread about women chatting up men by walking backwards into men and it was ridiculed by many. Happened to me again a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Somewhere there's a thread with a worried girl asking for advice on the creep who was staring her out of it all night and started banging into her when he was drunk, the brute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

The girl was interested. What happens in most countries is this

1) Eye contact
    2) Lad buys girl a drink ( sometimes the other way)
    3) Chat
    4) Sex, or no sex.

In Ireland

1) Eye contact
    2) Lad gets a awesome spot with his male friends squirreled away, away from any women, especially the woman he liked.
    3) He goes wild! Feckin wild. Crazy night! The fckin dancing he and his mates ar having with themselves is awesome. No women about, but no matter.

Generally thats it. In this case:

4) Girl realises she needs to make a move. She's a brave one.
    5) She comes over, ignores the eye contact man, and does her best to show she likes him by bumping into him backwards. If he makes a move - like grabbing anything - she will run away.

The most important thing in the ritual mating of the Homo Irelandis is that there be no verbal contact whatsoever.

Here is how Homo Americanis handles the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

More evidence that women do in fact chat up men by walking backwards into men. They often have navigator facing them instructing them where to walk backwards.

Do you mean when girls are dancing beside a guy they sort of just reverse into them, or are you saying that girls actually approach guys backwards, like from the other side of the dancefloor? A navigator.. wtf. My first impression of such a girl would be that she's fcuking retarded.

To be fair, Goose was a good wingman.

Yahew wrote: »
    Here is how Homo Americanis handles the same situation.

haha plus 1 million for that....... luv that scene...... if i knew that'd work i would luv to give it a try........ altho based on my previous effort i probably wouldn't go through with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Hand in your penis and man card.

Advertisement