Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers stole my dog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I've had it before with 'em, asking about my dogs - but I was dead wide to them and told 'em my dogs were neutured & useless.
    Thats the way of it, I'm sad to say. I know a lot of travellers, and have no problem with most of them, but you need to be cute about some subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not how it works at all.

Breed small dogs off small dogs, keep it that way and you'll get yourself a line of small dogs - see, magic :)

I've a staffordshire bull terrier and a pitbull - I like taller Staffies, most of my mates do too.. We don't like the little show Staff's which look like Jack Russell's on steroids - so we get our dogs from breeders who breed tall staffs!.

Its not rocket science.

...but what if the tall staff had short legs....?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think people are slating Travelers because of ignorance. Travellers have a rich culture and ancient traditions. What sometimes appears to be animal abuse is actually a strong bond with an animal us settled folk could never have. Only because of this bond and respect can get the most out of the animal, fascinating people very similar to native Americans.

Like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I think people are slating Travelers because of ignorance. Travellers have a rich culture and ancient traditions. What sometimes appears to be animal abuse is actually a strong bond with an animal us settled folk could never have. Only because of this bond and respect can get the most out of the animal, fascinating people very similar to native Americans.

1) Why would settled folk - like people who work in stables - not have a bond with horses. Whats special about travellers?

2) How is a half-starved horse proof of a special bond?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Nodin wrote: »

it would be a short legged tall staff then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Your thinking of the new BONSAI Staffy, all that snipping and pruning - gets too much I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Oh yeah strong bond :rolleyes: My dog had a lovely shiny black coat when she was stolen by them. When we got her bacl she was brown (malnurished) cuts on her paws and legs from trying to get out of where ever she was. Red throat from crying and barking. oh yeah they have a strong bond with animals alright. Id have more of a bond with a crow.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Thats the way of it, I'm sad to say. I know a lot of travellers, and have no problem with most of them, but you need to be cute about some subjects.

I'm the same, trained with a lot over the years. I drink with a few in the local too, ya just have to be a cute whore with 'em too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Your gonna dig in your heals on this, but I'll say this none the less.. The IKC doesn't recognize 'miniature' or 'teacup' as a specific breed - doesn't mean there are not small terriers about.

Whether you or I agree or disagree with their breeding or not isn't the point - for the record I hate these little teacup dog's which was a fashion accessory during our boom times.

There ya go.. Now traveler's - ya don't see too many miniature of those :P

Teacup terrier wouldn't suit ye (coz they don't exist) :p

I actually did see a miniature traveler when I was on the boat to Cherbourg last year, tiny little hands and legs on him. Teacup knacker, nobody hanging around wanting to rob him though.

Bwahahaha ya right, lol.. Good one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Fair dues to you but I pity children who have a father/mother (depending on which you are) who would like to see Travellers worked and put to death in forced labour camps.

The problem is that Travellers love having their lifestyle outside the system. Fair enough!

The problem with them is that they love the 'entitlement culture' that exists nowadays with the general waster element that has always existed in Irish society.

Why should I & many others pay for a subculture of 'people' to rob our houses at every given & available oppertunity?

Tell me why? Go on!:mad:

Why should I & many others pay for a subculture of 'people' to rob our houses at every given & available oppertunity?

It gives ye something to moan about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yeah, there's a traveller hard stand on the Tuam road in Galway City where malnurished dogs had to be rescued from cages that were way too small for them. The warden must fell stupid now after obviously confusing this 'special bond' with cruelty...

It gives ye something to moan about?

Yeah well who cares about you anyway?

Yeah well who cares about you anyway?

Jaysus, thats very short tempered now.

Did ye stuff the turkey with coffee this year? You seem very wound up.

Jaysus, thats very short tempered now.

Did ye stuff the turkey with coffee this year? You seem very wound up.

No, who cares about you & your opinions?

It's a fair question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

The problem is that Travellers love having their lifestyle outside the system. Fair enough!

The problem with them is that they love the 'entitlement culture' that exists nowadays with the general waster element that has always existed in Irish society.

Why should I tell you anything? :confused:

If you're not happy with the way things are, get off your arse and do something about it. Lead a revolution. Head a march. Run for public office. Do something to bring about the changes you want other than mouthing off and advocating a final solution.

Do you not see that that makes you ten times worse than any Traveller? Would you really like to see Traveller children going into gas chambers along with their mothers and fathers? Is that really your solution to what you see as a problem?

No, who cares about you & your opinions?

You asked a question generally, I supplied an answer. Now you're upset because that answer wasn't one you liked, so you're redirecting your redirected anger at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

This culture and tradition would include theft,illegal dumping,assault I suppose.
    If a settled person claimed that he beat the sh*t out of someone because that was part of their culture what would happen.

As regards to "special bonds" with their animals,you should call to any SPCA centre and look what this "special bond" does to their animals.
    Never heard such rubbish.

:mad:

Grand!

My family have been engaged in agriculture for generations. We know how to look after animals. It's in our business to know!

Travellers are feckless, & are too drunk or lazy to look after their animals properly.

Ah shure , the Govt & the Irish people are propping them up.

So what matter?

Lazy Gits!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Do you not see that that makes you ten times worse than any Traveller? Would you really like to see Traveller children going into gas chambers along with their mothers and fathers? Is that really your solution to what you see as a problem

Stop putting words in posters mouths! anyway you lose godwins law

:mad:

Grand!

My family have been engaged in agriculture for generations. We know how to look after animals. It's in our business to know!

Travellers are feckless, & are too drunk or lazy to look after their animals properly.

Ah shure , the Govt & the Irish people are propping them up.

So what matter?

Lazy Gits!:mad:

Did a traveller rob your christmas tree?

If you're not happy with the way things are, get off your arse and do something about it. Lead a revolution. Head a march. Run for public office. Do something to bring about the changes you want other than mouthing off and advocating a final solution.

Do you not see that that makes you ten times worse than any Traveller? Would you really like to see Traveller children going into gas chambers along with their mothers and fathers? Is that really your solution to what you see as a problem?

Live your life properly.

That's the best revenge.

Did a traveller rob your christmas tree?

Who cares about the IRA apoligist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I get the feeling that Oranage2 was being a tad sarcastic.

0066ad wrote: »

Stop putting words in posters mouths! anyway you lose godwins law

I might quote here
    It makes me very angry to see these types multiply whilst a lot of hard working people here can hardly afford to have a 2nd or 3rd child.

If I had my way the lot of them would be dealt with Hitler style.

...what do you think he meant by the above? Was he referring perhaps to Herr Hitler, the little known Kerry based occupational therapist and family planning adviser? Or the better known Austrian gentleman, of the whole "endoslung", "Heil...." thing.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76173072&postcount=51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

if the ira still wore aran sweaters, mullets and still listened to genuine rebel music .. then I'd not be apologetic but condone

You'd have to ask him.

Is there anyone else you reckon should be "dealt with Hitler style"? It'd be best to get it all planned out together, as we need economies of scale in these times.

I might quote here

...what do you think he meant by the above? Was he referring perhaps to Herr Hitler, the little known Kerry based occupational therapist and family planning adviser? Or the better known Austrian gentleman, of the whole "endoslung", "Heil...." thing.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76173072&postcount=51

Just go away with your twisted IRA heads & bury you heads & bodies in the earth or the sand or the bog.

Really anythng to get rid of your type & your ilk.

I'd be very very very happy to get you're type of cancer out of Irish society:cool:

• Advertisement

Just go ..........of Irish society

That's nice.

Anyway, as I was asking - anyone else you reckon should be "dealt with Hitler style"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement