Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers stole my dog

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Blatter wrote: »
    Delighted to hear you got her back.

Disgraceful behaviour once again from the Travelling Community, they are too well protected by our laws.:(

If there's a lesson to be learnt from anybody reading this thread, if you have a dog and have noticed people keeping an eye on it, asking about it etc. be very very careful and protect it best you can.

Always keep mine inside now. There all chipped too and collars and tags ( not that they make a diff cause they can just be taken off) but the chip is a definate to have. When the tracker one comes out il be getting them implanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Forget it OP, the dag has a new lick of paint and some wheels on it by now. Their probably calling it Mikey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

If you had of said horse I could see it happening, why do people think these animals don't leave of their own free will.

what if the dog did not like living in a settled community, will you force it to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If you had of said horse I could see it happening, why do people think these animals don't leave of their own free will.

what if the dog did not like living in a settled community, will you force it to go back.

I'm sure they'd be much better catered for within the Travelling Community:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

ps3lover wrote: »
    I need serious help and I don't know what to do. For the last few weeks travellers have been coming to my door begging to buy my Miniature Jack Russell. I keep refusing as my dog is not for sale. Today I looked out my back window and saw two of them hopping out of my back garden, I ran out and my dog is missing.
    I rang to guardi and told them everything but once I mentioned Travellers they didn't seem interested, what do I do?

Given your own history of stealing, good enough for yah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

When we had puppies travellers came three days in a row trying to buy them but i sorted the flutes on the fourth evening :D Its not nice knowing that those arseholes are waiting to help themselves to whatever they like

Busted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Selective principles....:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Believe it. Same thing ahppened to myself and the wife. Travellers came round to me area for 3 years straight asking if we wanted the driveway tarmaced. Each timer they came round they asked was my dogs (3) for sale. We said no etc. 2009 wife was in hospital and we were walkin down the corridor and a guy said hello to her and she said hello back not minding. She had told me previous to that that one of the older travvelrs was in hospital too few rooms down and they were all in with her. I got home and my dog was missing the friendliest one of the lot. Another was out on the laneway and the other hiding in kennel (she will bite if she has too). We went round the country looking for her. Everywhere that dealth with animals had a poster of her. We got her back after 9 days, found up in tallaght. So it does happen alot and we were very very lucky to get her back.

Do you have a different wife each year? New Year's Day must be traumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Sorry for the loss of the dog.

The tough truth is that it is most likely going to be used to blood a fighting dog.
    Its a common enough practice with that lot.

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Do you have a different wife each year? New Year's Day must be traumatic.

HaHa does look a bit weird alright :eek:. you know what I mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I'm sure they'd be much better catered for within the Travelling Community:rolleyes:

Of course.. They have a great record when it comes to taking care of animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

^^Is this thread broken or did you get the multi-quoting wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Great to see the single mothers and Nigerians getting a break on Christmas Day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

but Irish travellers try to have their native dish, and suddenly there's a problem.:mad:
    They don't eat them, they breed them. Drop a load of them into a caravan or small room and throw in scraps whenever. A nice pup can fetch up to two hundred euros, and up to four in a litter, its money for nothing. I've had travellers ask is mine neutered on several occasions, and was advised by the vet to tell them yes.

Yes, its a real problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

sure it the single mothers and nigerians that are buying all the stolen dogs for crimbo dinner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its increased in a big way lately, god only knows what they are up to..Maybe the Chinese have a contract for meat but its more than likely something sinister possibly involving dog fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

If you know where the travellers live/camp, go up to them and explain that your dog is missing. Explain that you are offering a reward of 50e or whatever you think, and see how quick they return the dog.

Happened to a friend of mine with her jack Russell. She tried this and within half an hour they were knocking on her front door with the dog.

Hope you get him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Great to see the single mothers and Nigerians getting a break on Christmas Day. :rolleyes:

Some people don't like to hear the truth about certain sections of society with minority status. They would rather live in a make-believe world and imagine that minority automatically equals oppressed, deprived, vulnerable. Travelers have earned their reputation and their utter disrespect for others is very obvious.

Would you mind if a bunch of travelers moved into the house next door to you?. I'd say you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Some people don't like to hear the truth about certain sections of society with minority status. They would rather live in a make-believe world and imagine that minority automatically equals oppressed, deprived, vulnerable. Travelers have earned their reputation and their utter disrespect for others is very obvious.

Would you mind if a bunch of travelers moved into the house next door to you?. I'd say you would.

Absolutely right!

Why oh why are people making excuses for them at this stage???:confused:

It's plain to see that they're parasites on this nation & on others, Dale Farm comes to mind.

Along with IRA types, they're the biggest stain on the reputation of Irish people abroad!:mad:

It makes me very angry to see these types multiply whilst a lot of hard working people here can hardly afford to have a 2nd or 3rd child.

If I had my way the lot of them would be dealt with Hitler style.

I don't care if I'm banned for this post BTW, but the real truth needs to be told!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Didn't you know the travelling community like to eat Jack Russells for Christmas instead of Turkey.

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Didn't you know the travelling community like to eat Jack Russells for Christmas instead of Turkey.

They don't give Jack Sh1t for anybody or anything but their own agenda & selfish enjoyment of their own lifestyle at our expence.

But it's their culture, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

All aboard the traveller bashing thread! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A GPS chip would solve your problem. There are many reputable vets that will install a chip for you, and they are quite popular these days.

With the chip installed you'll be able to monitor their exact whereabouts and indeed tell the gardai if they come round your house asking about your dogs again.

Ghandee wrote: »
    All aboard the traveller bashing thread! :rolleyes:

Put up the rolleyes all you like, there's a real & growing problem with these people.

Put your head in the sand & let the problem get a lot worse. I'll do my own rolleyes to that!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

charlemont wrote: »
    Its increased in a big way lately, god only knows what they are up to..Maybe the Chinese have a contract for meat but its more than likely something sinister possibly involving dog fights.

i knew we were forgetting someone......the chinese!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even if the OP is making it up, it still has the potential to generate some discussion.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on boards who have had their dog stolen by the Travelling Community and plenty more will unfortunately experience it in the future.

Nothing worse than when the whole travelling community go trampling through the back garden in order to rob your dog.

Sky King wrote: »
    A GPS chip would solve your problem. There are many reputable vets that will install a chip for you, and they are quite popular these days.

With the chip installed you'll be able to monitor their exact whereabouts and indeed tell the gardai if they come round your house asking about your dogs again.

Are these chips out over here now? I didn't know they were on the market yet over here?

Absolutely right!

Why oh why are people making excuses for them at this stage???:confused:

It's plain to see that they're parasites on this nation & on others, Dale Farm comes to mind.

Along with IRA types, they're the biggest stain on the reputation of Irish people abroad!:mad:

It makes me very angry to see these types multiply whilst a lot of hard working people here can hardly afford to have a 2nd or 3rd child.

If I had my way the lot of them would be dealt with Hitler style.

I don't care if I'm banned for this post BTW, but the real truth needs to be told!

Reported!

It's people like you that are a growing stain on the reputation of the Irish people.

• Advertisement

I'd be like a bitch, I would. It's hard enough to keep my head up amongst my daycent, golf-playing neighbours as a single parent born in Nigeria!

Travellers are a minority that were once oppressed, deprived and vulnerable. If folk like you have your way, they will be once again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement