Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers stole my dog

Options
  • 25-12-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I need serious help and I don't know what to do. For the last few weeks travellers have been coming to my door begging to buy my Miniature Jack Russell. I keep refusing as my dog is not for sale. Today I looked out my back window and saw two of them hopping out of my back garden, I ran out and my dog is missing.
    I rang to guardi and told them everything but once I mentioned Travellers they didn't seem interested, what do I do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Bound to happen, they like dags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't believe your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

have you tried turning it off and back on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I think I smell a troll...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

decisions wrote: »
    I think I smell a troll...

That's no help, he hasn't got a dog to track it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Post over on the animals and pets forum.

Its a surprisingly enough occurance, esp. is they have a market for your dog.

Hope you get him back, but from travelers, I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

miniature jack russell? Aren't they all small snappy nippy little fukers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

44leto wrote: »

Why?

I have to say it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was true. Despite the OP's suspiciously low post count, the Travelling Community do have form for this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This post is shows how poorly the native Irish are treated compared to the flood of immigrants into this country.

No-one cares when the Polish de-swan all our public places, but Irish travellers try to have their native dish, and suddenly there's a problem.:mad:

You people make me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've experienced the same thing, but it was a Peugeot 106 they kept asking me about :confused:

Big money to be made in stolen dogs afaik, I hope ou get him back OP. Try and publicise it as much as you can with posters, ringing radio shows etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

Blatter wrote: »
    Why?

I have to say it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was true. Despite the OP's suspiciously low post count, the Travelling Community do have form for this sort of thing.

Have a look at the OPs other post....troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

I have a mini jack russell myself, if anything happened to him i'd be in bits
    i can feel your pain, but as makikomi has said they have a market for small dogs
    very unlikely you will get him back. Poor dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Sorry OP, try harder.

Next time, make up some statistics and maybe reference a local newspaper article requiring a subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    I've experienced the same thing, but it was a Peugeot 106 they kept asking me about :confused:

Did travellers take your Peugeot 106?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

44leto wrote: »

It is the kind of thing our traveling friends have a habit of doing in fairness, it is not out of the ordinary for them at all. I know of several people who have had dogs (among other things) stolen by thieving scumbags, it is no mystery who done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

AH wouldn't be my first port of call if my dog was stolen on Christmas day I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Blatter wrote: »
    Why?

Believe it. Same thing ahppened to myself and the wife. Travellers came round to me area for 3 years straight asking if we wanted the driveway tarmaced. Each timer they came round they asked was my dogs (3) for sale. We said no etc. 2009 wife was in hospital and we were walkin down the corridor and a guy said hello to her and she said hello back not minding. She had told me previous to that that one of the older travvelrs was in hospital too few rooms down and they were all in with her. I got home and my dog was missing the friendliest one of the lot. Another was out on the laneway and the other hiding in kennel (she will bite if she has too). We went round the country looking for her. Everywhere that dealth with animals had a poster of her. We got her back after 9 days, found up in tallaght. So it does happen alot and we were very very lucky to get her back.

later10 wrote: »
    Sorry OP, try harder.

Next time, make up some statistics and maybe reference a local newspaper article requiring a subscription.

Why do you think its fake? its christmas day and they know people are not home. Read my post.

• Advertisement

finty wrote: »
    Have a look at the OPs other post....troll

Even if the OP is making it up, it still has the potential to generate some discussion.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on boards who have had their dog stolen by the Travelling Community and plenty more will unfortunately experience it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Maybe the guys from Xtravision kidnapped him.
    You'll probably get a ransom note tomorrow telling you to give back all the Blurays or the dog gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Mad for robbing animals, the cat we have was rescued from some

Traveller children who were throwing the poor creature around.

Its hard to keep up to them, their always up to something!

ps3lover wrote: »
    I need serious help and I don't know what to do. For the last few weeks travellers have been coming to my door begging to buy my Miniature Jack Russell. I keep refusing as my dog is not for sale. Today I looked out my back window and saw two of them hopping out of my back garden, I ran out and my dog is missing.
    I rang to guardi and told them everything but once I mentioned Travellers they didn't seem interested, what do I do?

Dont suppose you took note of any of the reg's they showed up in did you at all? Last one we had here was in a "red golf" and we called the guards after he left cause of our dog getting stolen before. He said the car was registered to a traveller family in dublin but the reg was for a "grey golf". Switched over the plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did travellers take your Peugeot 106?
    It bit them and ran off before they had a chance.

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's a common enough problem. Neighbour of ours had their dog taken the same way. Gardai didn't want to know about it, so they inquired within the travelling community and managed to locate the dog.

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Believe it. Same thing ahppened to myself and the wife. Travellers came round to me area for 3 years straight asking if we wanted the driveway tarmaced. Each timer they came round they asked was my dogs (3) for sale. We said no etc. 2009 wife was in hospital and we were walkin down the corridor and a guy said hello to her and she said hello back not minding. She had told me previous to that that one of the older travvelrs was in hospital too few rooms down and they were all in with her. I got home and my dog was missing the friendliest one of the lot. Another was out on the laneway and the other hiding in kennel (she will bite if she has too). We went round the country looking for her. Everywhere that dealth with animals had a poster of her. We got her back after 9 days, found up in tallaght. So it does happen alot and we were very very lucky to get her back.

Delighted to hear you got her back.

Disgraceful behaviour once again from the Travelling Community, they are too well protected by our laws.:(

If there's a lesson to be learnt from anybody reading this thread, if you have a dog and have noticed people keeping an eye on it, asking about it etc. be very very careful and protect it best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Did you use the find my miniature Jack Russle iPhone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭baldbear

Thats wuff. Sorry for your troubles boss..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

The next time any of those scum show up at your door do a Padraig Nally on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement