Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another day, an even bigger crash.. Fuk my life.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The perfect opportunity to watch the Top Gear Vietnam Special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

Bout 25 dollars for the guy to goto hosptital. The rest so I don't go to the police station.

Do they ask you outright for the cash? Or are you supposed to offer them an amount and see if it's enough to get you outa trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

On a serious note, is there much point in doctors and all that? Pretty sure you just have to sling a broken collar bone and leave it heal?
    Sweet Buddha and his oversized toes... will you ever go to a doctor and don't add permanent damage to the list of christmas pressies. I just assumed you already had.

And happy christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Bout 25 dollars for the guy to goto hosptital. The rest so I don't go to the police station.

WHAT. THE. FLUCK.

So there you are, lying there in agony with broken bones, as you do, and these fcukers want to send the other fella to hospital, charge you his taxi fare, and demand a bribe to *not* arrest you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Its times like that that I really believe some people are sub human.

Do they ask you outright for the cash? Or are you supposed to offer them an amount and see if it's enough to get you outa trouble?
    Asked outright in front of about 30 people.. Counted it in front of about 30 people. My friend had to get the money cause I couldn't move.
    Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Sweet Buddha and his oversized toes... will you ever go to a doctor and don't add permanent damage to the list of christmas pressies. I just assumed you already had.

And happy christmas!
    Tomorrow I guess.. I've tried about 5 times now to get up and I can't. I'm dying to goto the toilet but can't. Hopefully I'll be fit for it tomorrow.
    newmug wrote: »
    WHAT. THE. FLUCK.

So there you are, lying there in agony with broken bones, as you do, and these fcukers want to send the other fella to hospital, charge you his taxi fare, and demand a bribe to *not* arrest you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Its times like that that I really believe some people are sub human.

It's just how it is.. He was on his way to hospital and I still hadn't moved on the ground. I was blatantly in agony but that's irrelevant to the police.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

the westerner always has to pay up , you get shot , you've to pay compo to the shooter for his bullets tis only fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

That's crazy mental! Make sure you get checked out yourself if you're injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Tomorrow I guess.. I've tried about 5 times now to get up and I can't. I'm dying to goto the toilet but can't. Hopefully I'll be fit for it tomorrow.
    Right, get on your phone there and get someone over there with an ice pack and painkillers, immobilise the arm with the wrist higher than the elbow, and seek medical attention. Self diagnosis of a broken bone just isn't going to cut it, there might be a lot more wrong, not to worry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ah nuts

Surely someone will love you looooonnnnnngggg time after splashing all that cash. I mean your friend will take you to hospital.

EnterNow wrote: »
    The perfect opportunity to watch the Top Gear Vietnam Special

I drove 4500km over 2 months last year in Vietnam.. I'd rather look though my own photos. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did he have a hooker as a pillion passenger? "you want number one fuky?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

8am. Vietnamese guy.driving.across road hesitates and I've nowhere to go except.into him. Had to pay the police 275 dollars, have a broken collar bone and I'm missing the big Christmas thing in my friend 's house. Lying in an empty house.unable to move or.turn around. Yay.

So what is wrong with the police there? is there a language barrier that they couldnt accommodate for it because it's too much work. Is there like no democracy there? I am sorry for the hard time your having. If it's like this, you should just accept it and get over yourself and be a man about it and THank God you are ok and a safe, it could of been alot worse, there homeless people sleeping rough and street children abandoned not too far away from you if it's asia your in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So what is wrong with the police there? is there a language barrier that they couldnt accodomate for because it's too much work. Is there like no democracy there? I am sorry for the hard time your having. If it's like this you should just accept it and get over yourself and be a man about it and THank God you are ok and a safe not it could of been alot worse, there homeless people sleeping rough and street children abandoned not too far away from you if it's asia your in.

Started drinking have we?

Started drinking have we?

I don't drink one of the few sober minded people about today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Well hope ya get better soon, and try think of those less fortunite than yourself, those with terminal illnesses etc.
    Stay positive, Merry Christmas!

shanered wrote: »
    Well hope ya get better soon, and try think of those less fortunite than yourself, those with terminal illnesses etc.

Exactly, there is always people far worse of, people dying alone with no one and homeless children abandoned by their parents and orphaned that happens alot in poorer countries in asia. I saw a documentary it featured a family who had to live in their car because they were homeless, no welfare there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Exactly, I didn't have a nice wine with my meal so I am thinking of poor Ads By Google now so I don't feel so bad.

That sucks, those bikes and roads are lethal. Hope you mend your wishbone soon.

WindSock wrote: »
    Exactly, I didn't have a nice wine with my meal so I am thinking of poor Ads By Google now so I don't feel so bad.

That sucks, those bikes and roads are lethal. Hope you mend your wishbone soon.

It's more than your wine, You sound amazingly boring .

It's more than your wine, You sound amazingly boring .

That's not true, I'm tremendous fun!

WindSock wrote: »
    That's not true, I'm tremendous fun!

You cry over bad wine that says it all, what boring company you must be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Sorry to hear man ,i know how you feel i crashed a bike years ago ,

You cry over bad wine that says it all, what boring company you must be.

Who said anything about crying?

Beats being a moanyhole on Christmas day though...I'd say you're great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm great craic, so I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Ye all remind me of Larry Duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

8am. Vietnamese guy.driving.across road hesitates and I've nowhere to go except.into him. Had to pay the police 275 dollars, have a broken collar bone and I'm missing the big Christmas thing in my friend 's house. Lying in an empty house.unable to move or.turn around. Yay.

I am beginning to think you're doing this for the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

be..cause it was your fault? it was wasnt it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

With all the accidents you've had, Father Larry Duff, I don't understand why you haven't had your license revoked yet ... for your own good and that of others.

Saila wrote: »
    be..cause it was your fault? it was wasnt it :rolleyes:
    Doesn't matter who's fault it is.. Once there's a westerner involved, we have to pay through the teeth every time.
    Most definitely.. Even when I got home, I was saying how lucky I was. My jacket is all ripped up and destroyed from sliding so far on it but all my skin is ok. My toe nail is crushed but hasn't fallen off. My hip feels like it's about to snap and I can barely walk but it's holding together. I was even driving my cheap bike so it's not as bad financially as it could have been.

My only real issue is my shoulder and even then, I will just not work for the next few weeks, live for 6 dollars a day getting food delivered to the house and my friends taking it upstairs for me.. Have a my laptop with boards, a 43" tv, about 40 xbox games and hundreds of movies to keep me occupied till I'm bothered working again. :)
    With all the accidents you've had, Father Larry Duff, I don't understand why you haven't had your license revoked yet ... for your own good and that of others.

International License isn't accepted and you have to know the language to get a Viet license.. No foreigners have one. It's irrelevant to the law anyway, they only ever want to see our visa if there's an issue. It's very relevant to insurance though and it's the biggest worry about living here. It's too easy for someone drive in front of you, suddenly you're in Bangkok getting surgery with a world of debt to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Go to a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From breaking the elbow on black ice (push bike) I can safely say GOTO THE F**KING DOCTOR.

Worst that can happen: you become a cripple with a f**Ked up hip.

Secondly, see can you get a car with a motorbike engine, and if that gets around the needing of the license?

Advertisement