Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shutting pubs on christmas eve

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Christmas is for children. They should leave the pubs alone.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I was in a country pub past night and a Garda came in to clear the place at 12.10. No problem there but also said he'd be issuing a summons to the publican. A pub that is struggling as it is. Nobody was behind the bar at the time, they had stopped serving. Too harsh IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Most pubs I drink in close between 8 & 10. I love getting mashed and home in bed before midnight.

Whenever gards are involved in any discussion in AH - its always the "have they nothing better to do" brigade piping up. Let me clear it up: no they don't - they get paid to do these things. The fact that it also compensates for their low self esteem is just a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Surely one of the best ways to prevent your house being robbed is to actually be it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bluewolf wrote: »
    i wouldn't know, i'm in bed waiting for santy at that hour

Kinky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bluewolf wrote: »
    i wouldn't know, i'm in bed waiting for santy at that hour

Well? did he empty his sack at your gaff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Nanny State strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

I used to work as bar staff and hated the idea of people being able to love staying around after closing hours, all I wanted to do was go home and be able to get up early on Christmas day. So I loved it when the Guards came by to make sure the owners weren't still supplying drink to their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Bars close doors in this town at 6ish..Out of the pub by 7ish, Vintners choice, It is a funny sight to see so many people legless at 5pm holding on to their Xmas presents and looking to where they can find a bar that might stay open and serve after 6....Panic and fear in there faces....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

amacachi wrote: »
    RichieC wrote: »
    stopped serving at 11:30.

it was indeed quite a party considering we were there since seven, mr party man...

I have to admit that reading stuff like that just reminds me how cool I actually am.

I am scarlet for you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

As a member myself and i have no problem in saying that I am the main reasons we call to public houses is 1. To prevent any public order incidnets as far as we possibly can at 2 or 3am on christmas eve i dont want to be having to arrest anybody on christmas eve and for them having to face their familys the next day no matter who they are and

2. You can be guranteed that domestic violence calls will rise at a unreal level as a result of men and women arriving home in the early hours of the morning on christmsa eve with the wife/husband or whatever waiting for them it usuallly does not go down well believe me i have seen it first hand

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

nd001 wrote: »
    As a member myself and i have no problem in saying that I am the main reasons we call to public houses is 1. To prevent any public order incidnets as far as we possibly can at 2 or 3am on christmas eve i dont want to be having to arrest anybody on christmas eve and for them having to face their familys the next day no matter who they are and

2. You can be guranteed that domestic violence calls will rise at a unreal level as a result of men and women arriving home in the early hours of the morning on christmsa eve with the wife/husband or whatever waiting for them it usuallly does not go down well believe me i have seen it first hand

I can agree with that. Is it usual though to issue a summons, in the case of a pub being cleared at 12.10? I suppose last orders is at 11pm Christmas Eve?

Advertisement