Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny boat pics,videos and jokes.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Not to be confused with this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ahun

best with the sound high up

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

ahun wrote: »
    best with the sound high up

Oh lord.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

To me anyway :D

12289_10152306344867060_6299997749792375017_n_zpsccc845c5.jpg

Now thats a bit embarrassing :eek:

10547470_583874045055436_1515303303899683645_n_zpsa9012f96.jpg

• Advertisement

And for the day thats in it me hearties "Talk like a pirate Day" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Caption competition anyone?

8bapc3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Made me think of this:

Except small isn't far away :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Except small isn't far away :eek:
    Yeah..

just for context:

6RzSFz.jpg

Steve wrote: »

8bapc3.jpg

Multi million dollar yacht and you have to sit here to pull in the sail :confused: I new I should have bought that motor yacht :)

• Advertisement

fergal.b wrote: »
    Multi million dollar yacht and you have to sit here to pull in the sail :confused: I new I should have bought that motor yacht :)
    More like "I know we left the skippers motor boat somewhere, maybe it's in here.. " :D

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

8bapc3.jpg

"I agree with stripping out a boat for racing, but no heads and having to pee to leeward is a bit much! "

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

8bapc3.jpg

They dont call them Park Avenue booms for nothing

Yeah..

just for context:

6RzSFz.jpg

If thats a Wally its the most hideous thing theyve ever built

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

8bapc3.jpg

"How did I get here? How do I get back? Look at the size of this shackle key! Eh, why are they all laughing and waving at me without using all of their fingers? B@$t@rd$!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

neris wrote: »
    If thats a Wally its the most hideous thing theyve ever built

I'll bet it's pretty spectacular on the inside!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I'll bet it's pretty spectacular on the inside!

True. looks **** on the outside slick on the inside, total opposite of your top notch sexy looking 100ft maxi racer whch is about as luxurious as a the inside of a portaloo

10646857_720591351321591_2282410814267437598_n.jpg?oh=fc96d9fbce78d63c566a83ce3d46f181&oe=54CD09BD&__gda__=1421954821_96e8cfa780863ed0451614090d279fcf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

neris wrote: »
    True. looks **** on the outside slick on the inside, total opposite of your top notch sexy looking 100ft maxi racer whch is about as luxurious as a the inside of a portaloo
    The famous Moonduster, one of the nicest looking boats around, was really grotty inside and stank of diesel.

JamesM wrote: »
    The famous Moonduster,........was really grotty inside and stank of diesel.

That's what comes from putting lumps of the keel in the coachroof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

A lot of those old tonners/racers were beautiful on the outside and grotty on the inside.
    I raced with Roy Dickson on many of his boats, including the Holland "Imp" for a short while and she certainly wasn't comfortable.
    The "loo" was amidships and almost completely open to the rest of the boat. Also like most, she had cot berths, which probably explains why my back still hurts.

Hifive wrote: »
    A lot of those old tonners/racers were beautiful on the outside and grotty on the inside.
    I raced on with Roy Dickson on many of his boats, including the Holland "Imp" for a short, while and she certainly wasn't comfortable.
    The "loo" was amidships and almost completely open to the rest of the boat. Like most, she had cot berths, which probably explains why my back still hurts.
    In fairness, Roy had some cracking boats.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Ha, Ha,
    Showing my age here (50), but I was "pre Rosie"
    I started on "F an B", which was his old S&S 30, and moved onto, "impressions" his (very) converted First 30 and then imp.
    Cracklin Rosie, (a Castro 44, I think) and "Rosie" (Corby) came later.
    I was on his little Corby 25 on the marina a couple of weeks ago and had a good chat to him about the old days. The 25 is like a dinghy with a steering wheel!
    He's some man for one man. 80 + now and still racing.

Beginning to sound like a bunch of Auld Mr. Brennans! The top Howth boats back then were TrischTrasch (I always thought she looked nicer than 'Duster) and Sceolaing, which I raced against a few times and sailed on once with Leslie Kertz (NYC) after he bought her. Then I moved to Cruisers II so in Howth all I remember of being worth beating was Chick Brown's 'Sunshot'.
    As for showing your age at 50, well. .......:P junior!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

1014079_10152748709198839_6595765427789605108_n.jpg?oh=3fc5ab72f48169a5093c4ac312c3be89&oe=5482E4D3

Here's one of Fergal in his youth :pac:

Nice :) some things just never grow old.

2012-08-09%2B15.09.25.jpg

Hifive wrote: »
    Ha, Ha,
    Showing my age here (50), but I was "pre Rosie"
    I started on "F an B", which was his old S&S 30, and moved onto, "impressions" his (very) converted First 30 and then imp.
    Cracklin Rosie, (a Castro 44, I think) and "Rosie" (Corby) came later.
    I was on his little Corby 25 on the marina a couple of weeks ago and had a good chat to him about the old days. The 25 is like a dinghy with a steering wheel!
    He's some man for one man. 80 + now and still racing.

You forgot Scarlett before Craklin. Though most of cracklins deck gear and rig was off Scarlett. Scarlett was the castro 2 tonner cracklin was a Corby. Blue Diamond was another of his boats which ended up in Dun Laoghaire in the irish and was blown off its trailer one winter. Think he also had a production DB which he changed around aswell. Impressions is still kicking around Howth but lost the old ior rig for somthing more cruisy.

The ior boats still look great outside and grotty inside even when theyve been in for a rebuild and new rig.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

How about this for old! (Belonged to my father)

6Bm8YX_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement

How about this for old! (Belonged to my father)

6Bm8YX_thumb.jpg

Is it Skerries sailing club.

Advertisement