Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another train incident

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God that was rank, could only watch about 20 seconds of it. Hope she gets what's coming to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

jay-me wrote: »
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Man+groped+terrified+boy.-a0177905105

A SEX attacker has been jailed for molesting a schoolboy.

Joseph Johnson was living alone at a flat in North Tyneside when he targeted the 13-year-old youngster.

He made crude comments before giving the teenager a glass of coke laced with vodka, Newcastle Crown Court was told.

The drink made the boy feel drunk and Johnson took his chance to launch an assault.

He stroked the boy's chest after telling him to lie down on the sofa, said Alexia Zimbler, prosecuting. Then with the frightened youngster pretending to be asleep, 49-year-old Johnson groped him.

Johnson, who moved to Bishop Auckland, County Durham, after the attack last July, was jailed for 18 months after admitting sexual assault.

His barrister, Jamie Adams, said a community sentence would allow the defendant to go on an intensive sex offender treatment programme.

But a pre-sentence report warned Johnson - who has no previous convictions - could pose a risk to other children.

And this is what happens when a man is involved.... bit of a contrast to be sure!

Sorry but in my opinion, these two cases are not in the same league, this guy tried to intoxicate a minor with a spiked drink, and had planned this assault with intent.

The 'lady' on the bus probably didnt plan her assault.

I know she was wrong, I know he was embarrassed, I know if it was my child i's go mad, BUT to lob her into the same category as predatory sex offenders and looking for jail sentences is too far.

Im not condoning her actions in any way, shape or form, but I think alot of the punishments being called for are too far tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

political correctness gone mad somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

She probably can't relate to the opposite sex of her own age, so targets a minor. What kind of mentality have her friends roaring their approval.
    What's really annoying is that incidents like these are likely to be under reported, because the nasty inference is there is no victim, if you object you must have questionable manhood. I just hope this brat gets her comeuppance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

She probably can't relate to the opposite sex of her own age, so targets a minor. What kind of mentality have her friends roaring their approval.

Pack of slappers tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

That kid was enjoying that.

Ok he was a little overwhelmed because he is not used to being raped. But inexperience notwithstanding he was having the mind blowing time of his life and probably shares my disappointment and anger with the interfering biddy who interrupted everybody's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That kid was enjoying that.

Ok he was a little overwhelmed because he is not used to being raped. But inexperience notwithstanding he was having the mind blowing time of his life and probably shares my disappointment and anger with the interfering biddy who interrupted everybody's fun.

I don't think he was enjoying it at all, maybe pretending to as at one stage I thought he was about to burst into tears.
    That woman committed an indecent assault on a child. We cannot have double standards and condemn abusers while having a laugh at this. If it was my child i'd track her down and have her prosecuted. It was an indecent assault regardless of there being people around and we should not laugh at indecent assaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

What kind of mentality have her friends roaring their approval.

The people screaming in the background made it all the more horrible but to me it sounded like friends of the boys laughing at his situation rather than friends of hers backing her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Ok he was a little overwhelmed because he is not used to being raped.

Please tell me you're trolling.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I don't think he was enjoying it at all, maybe pretending to as at one stage I thought he was about to burst into tears.
    That woman committed an indecent assault on a child. We cannot have double standards and condemn abusers while having a laugh at this. If it was my child i'd track her down and have her prosecuted. It was an indecent assault regardless of there being people around and we should not laugh at indecent assaults.
    No I really don't think so. He was embarrassed, but he'll be telling all his friends, look, that's me getting molested on the train. Your one is a bit of a whore all the same, but the lad put his hands on her arse at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I'd love to see what happened in the run up to this 'lapdance'
    What caused the camera to be switched on, what interaction was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

No I really don't think so. He was embarrassed, but he'll be telling all his friends, look, that's me getting molested on the train. Your one is a bit of a whore all the same, but the lad put his hands on her arse at one stage.

He had no idea what to do. You could see that he was completely overwhelmed and out of his depth and he should not have been put in that situation by an adult.

It's ridiculous all these blokes coming on here saying 'oh that's the stuff of fantasy' etc when you've no real idea what you'd do when actually confronted with the reality of the situation.

I fancied the arse off an older man when I was younger - as young as 12/13 and he was 30s' - but I would have been scared sh*tless if he had actually tried to come on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Of course, it's not rape if they put their hands on your arse!

It's sexual harassment, whatever way you look at it.
    If she did it to me, I'd boot her in the gee. But I'm classy like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

He might say that to his friends but he wont be thinking it and any of his friends who watch the video will see that he was freaked out and humiliated. He wont be able to turn it around. You can see from his face that he was not enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

As he is under the age of consent, whether he enjoyed it or not its against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No different to what the priests did in my opinion. He was NOT enjoying that one bit but was just laughing for the sake of looking good in front of his mates.
    We cannot pick and choose about what is indecent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jammy bastard, at 15 that wouldve been material for some serious alone time.

A dirty looking scummy bitch is what you would consider to be "material"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

on a similar vein.... women seem to think they can get away with this sort of carry on in pubs and clubs too: grabbing at, swinging out of, fellas.. especially if they are on a "hen night"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    A dirty looking scummy bitch is what you would consider to be "material"?

at 15, certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if i seen someone do that to my young lad id kick them up and down the aisle of the bus.. man or woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I could not watch all of that, I looked at that child's face and you could see he was not enjoying that, could see it in his eyes, poor lad. What an awful thing to do. As a mammy of boys, if someone did that to my sons, I would make sure she was charged and would name and shame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

the poor kid looks traumatised

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

the poor kid looks tramatised

It was a bus! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

he didn't look upset to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

he didn't look upset to me

A few observations:

She seems to start by reprimanding him for something he may have said prior to the camera being on. I can't be sure of that, but both the words and the tone suggests she is reacting (inappropriately) to something that transpired before the video clip starts. (If you listen at around 00:30 you'll hear she says "you said to me you'd like it"). Is she trying to teach him a lesson for being smart-mouthed?

He starts by putting on a bit of bravado.... pulling her onto him as if he was happy with the situation, but by 00:20 it's clear he's like a dog who has caught up with the car he was chasing; he has no idea what to do and has realised this is not really fun anymore. He's embarrassed because his friends will realise he is not the "man" he had been pretending to be. He is most unlikely to be "living the fantasy" because even Wayne Rooney would find the age gap to be uncomfortable (sorry Wayne, but it's AH after all).

Her behaviour is totally inappropriate. Regardless of whether or not there was prior exchange between them, in trying to embarrass him she has stooped to acts approaching sexual assault. As most posters here have said, were the situation re genders reversed there would have been a public outcry. However she does not kiss him, does not actually push his face into her breasts (as far as I could see - she simply mimics the act), and does not fondle his genitalia. However the disrobing and attempts to expose underwear are as near as makes no odds to actual assault.

What I find most upsetting about this video is the response (or lack of) from other passengers. Two adult women watching from the seat behind are laughing throughout the incident. The adult woman who intervenes showed great fortitude in going against the mood on the bus.

What surprises me is that one of the lads filming seems to refer to this adult saviour as "Mum". What took her so long to act?????

Z

Zen65 wrote: »
    A few observations:

She seems to start by reprimanding him for something he may have said prior to the camera being on. I can't be sure of that, but both the words and the tone suggests she is reacting (inappropriately) to something that transpired before the video clip starts. (If you listen at around 00:30 you'll hear she says "you said to me you'd like it"). Is she trying to teach him a lesson for being smart-mouthed?

He starts by putting on a bit of bravado.... pulling her onto him as if he was happy with the situation, but by 00:20 it's clear he's like a dog who has caught up with the car he was chasing; he has no idea what to do and has realised this is not really fun anymore. He's embarrassed because his friends will realise he is not the "man" he had been pretending to be. He is most unlikely to be "living the fantasy" because even Wayne Rooney would find the age gap to be uncomfortable (sorry Wayne, but it's AH after all).

Her behaviour is totally inappropriate. Regardless of whether or not there was prior exchange between them, in trying to embarrass him she has stooped to acts approaching sexual assault. As most posters here have said, were the situation re genders reversed there would have been a public outcry. However she does not kiss him, does not actually push his face into her breasts (as far as I could see - she simply mimics the act), and does not fondle his genitalia. However the disrobing and attempts to expose underwear are as near as makes no odds to actual assault.

What I find most upsetting about this video is the response (or lack of) from other passengers. Two adult women watching from the seat behind are laughing throughout the incident. The adult woman who intervenes showed great fortitude in going against the mood on the bus.

What surprises me is that one of the lads filming seems to refer to this adult saviour as "Mum". What took her so long to act?????

Z
    Great post, reflects my own thoughts 100%.

No different to what the priests did in my opinion. He was NOT enjoying that one bit but was just laughing for the sake of looking good in front of his mates.
    We cannot pick and choose about what is indecent.
    Come off it, I'm not condoning what she did, it was wrong, but this will have no last affect on that kid. He'll have been embarrassed but that's it. He wasn't raped! Being molested by a priest is completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The owl drunken cutn seem to be out to humiliate the KID, he did not seem to be enjoying the situation at all. I would even hated that to happen to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Spunge wrote: »
    at 15, certainly.

Slags like that didn't really do it for me I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The guy looked shook up there. She should be facing a courtroom for that.

Can you imagine a grown man doing that to a 15 yr old girl - uproar.

Advertisement