Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best seaside town/city to live in Ireland?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Mullaghmore. Nothing there really but the beach more than makes up for it.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Carlingford is a great spot. Lovely restaurants too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

gcgirl wrote: »
    Ditto with Brittas Bay shunts come down and all they bloody leave is their decking rubbish

To be fair Brittas isn't even a village. Without all those Dubs there wouldn't be any money to be made from the beach at all.
    It is actually a village with a school and a few shops with 2 churches
    And also the council have bins in Brittas bay where you can put your rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is a pretty typical experience of Dublin in general I find, everyone seems to know everyone around Blackrock/Stillorgan/Dundrum areas. Some people love the small town knowing everyone experience but I really hate it.

It's a weird thing, isn't it? There's nothing as nice as the anonymity of living in a place where you don't know anyone. Don't think I could ever go back to that small town ****e.

I guarantee you that if I go to the (shudder) BackBar (or whatever the hell it's called now) in Bray this weekend I'll bump into someone from school I haven't seen in a decade. And the sad thing is they've probably been going there every weekend since they were 18.
    x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    Is that a joke? Maybe 20 years ago it was but not today. I went there for a day during the summer for the first time in years and I couldn't believe what a kip it's turned into. It gone really shabby and run-down looking.

It's really sad :( most of the places I have memories of from when I was younger have either closed down or are in a shambles now. The only place which seems relatively unchanged is the seafront. But then Dawsons and Funpalace are even gone. I miss the snake slide!

Advertisement