Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any chance you can move the social housing talk to a different thread??

This thread is for business openings and closings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cyrus wrote: »
    where did being unemployed factor into my post? two teachers would still be paying a lot less than me, anyway not an issue for me personally, but its one reason why honeypark had no appeal for me when we were looking.

Just in general people tend to think as social housing as attracting just the dregs of society.

Also developments have some social housing. If you feel bitter about it you’re going to have an issue finding a place.

People who bought in phase 1 pay less than phase 2. That’s life

Chinasea wrote: »
    I specifically mentioned Honeypark Dun Laoghaire.

The social housing in honeypark are located in the worse part of the development. Away from playground beside the busy road and noises associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Popped into Romayos in Cornescourt.

It was fairly busy. Nice layout and the food is great. Its a welcome alternative from Liberos.

I have never been in a Romayos but there seems to be an above average level of food quality than other Italian chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

ted1 wrote: »
    The social housing in honeypark are located in the worse part of the development. Away from playground beside the busy road and noises associated with it.

Whatever a load of cobblers.

I think €14.00 a week for a full furnished, high spec one bedroom apartment is far from inferior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Also developments have some social housing. If you feel bitter about it you’re going to have an issue finding a place

Incorrect maybe large ones do but any of the small ones I looked at didn’t have social

Chinasea wrote: »
    Whatever a load of cobblers.

I think €14.00 a week for a full furnished, high spec one bedroom apartment is far from inferior.

Ignore the 14 Euro. And compare the actual property on a large level for line basis

Incorrect maybe large ones do but any of the small ones I looked at didn’t have social

10% of all developments must be

https://www.housingagency.ie/housing-information/a-property-developer.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hey lads. Any chance you would shut the fook up about social housing and stop ruining the thread? You could always take it to PM.

They aren’t

You think one of the balure houses is social for example ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They aren’t

You think one of the balure houses is social for example ?

They will have had to get an exemption if they have none - it'll be on the planning file. It will have cost a significant contribution to the council if they have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Can we at least try to keep on topic

L1011 wrote: »
    They will have had to get an exemption if they have none - it'll be on the planning file. It will have cost a significant contribution to the council if they have

Of course but it happens plenty in certain areas anyway that’s enough of the social housing chat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Saw a sign in the window of the Frascati extension saying "Five Guys Frascati" this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Saw a sign in the window of the Frascati extension saying "Five Guys Frascati" this morning.

Yeah that was a surprise to me too but a pleasant one, never been in one but they are supposed to be great apparently.

JayRoc wrote: »
    Yeah that was a surprise to me too but a pleasant one, never been in one but they are supposed to be great apparently.

Went to the one in dundrum once it’s fine but nothing particularly special imo

JayRoc wrote: »

Over rated sh1t h0le.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/review-of-dublin-five-guys-unduly-sensational-owners-1.3540096?mode=amp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Interesting, my friend raves about them. Just not bothered to get to dundrum for it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Coffee2go opened in Blackrock last week, in the building that was previously Tossed.
    Its the same owner as the one on Mespil Road, nice cafe, yummy scones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I will have to try eating in a five guys sometime soon as I have never been in one and until recently didn't even know they where a big deal.

• Advertisement

tomofson wrote: »
    I will have to try eating in a five guys sometime soon as I have never been in one and until recently didn't even know they where a big deal.

like everything that they have in the states that we dont have here, its a big deal until it comes over and then you realise its nothing special!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's not a good idea to do a 'copy link location' off a listing you get from a Google search because the link you post still contains Google baggage and is not a link to the original website.

This is the original review in the IT ...

Catherine Cleary: My worst ever meal as a restaurant reviewer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think it's pretty great fast food but the key there is that it's still fast food.

Good burgers, good fries (albeit in inordinately large portion sizes) if a little pricey.

It's good stuff though and a bit of a coup for Frascati.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    Coffee2go opened in Blackrock last week, in the building that was previously Tossed.
    Its the same owner as the one on Mespil Road, nice cafe, yummy scones.

I'll second this. Have gone into it three times since it's opened: coffee is excellent and the scones and pastries a cut above the usual offerings. Only gripe is I'd prefer if they used more conventional cups instead of their current mug-type offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

tomofson wrote: »

Tried it once and yes, it was nice, but probably not worth the price. (definitely wouldn't go out of my way for them). I would have a serious question mark over their viability in the Frascati though - their target market is youth / younger oriented and I don't see them getting the footfall from that demographic in Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

qb123 wrote: »
    I'll second this. Have gone into it three times since it's opened: coffee is excellent and the scones and pastries a cut above the usual offerings. Only gripe is I'd prefer if they used more conventional cups instead of their current mug-type offering.

What are the prices like? Looking forward to trying out the coffee! between it, Mellow Fig, and bear market some great options now for coffee in Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

What are the prices like? Looking forward to trying out the coffee! between it, Mellow Fig, and bear market some great options now for coffee in Blackrock.

Prices arn't too bad; the price of a flat white was quite a bit cheaper than Bear Market (by .40cent i think). Scones were on the dear side (€2.20 i think) but they were huge and i wouldn't get them each time.

The Lambert Puppet theatre is to close. Picking up the pieces after a 16 year old burgled, set fire and ransacked the studios and premises took its toll, sadly it will be closed down completely.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/teenager-charged-over-lambert-puppet-theatre-fire-1.2352621

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A really nasty family living in that area where the kids and adults are particularly scummy and delight in mindless vandalism. It's happened to quite a few businesses and emergency services vehicles in the locale.

• Advertisement

In one of the articles I read, it was reported that they traced the 16 year old youth back via the car number plate that he reportedly stepped out of which was registered to his mummy.

Sheer mindless destruction.

Advertisement