Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Who sees a 300k mortgage on a 200k house as wealth?!

Lemme guess.....:rolleyes:

You got it in one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Tell me how 300k mortgage on a 200k house is wealth. go on, try break your arrogant nature, just for a few minutes. I put loads of commas in for you and all.

Demonstrate how a mortgage itself has the negative equity. but the property has the positive equity like you claimed the other day?

The simple answer is, you cant. You couldn't all the other times i asked. And you still cant. And that's your final analysis, is it not?

Careful Robbie - if he can't handle your logic he'll go for your spelling and punctuation.

That's why he abandoned his attempts to tangle with me and scuttled from the field. I do spelling and punctuation real good. Bar the odd typo. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Tell me how 300k mortgage on a 200k house is wealth. go on, try break your arrogant nature, just for a few minutes. I put loads of commas in for you and all.

Demonstrate how a mortgae itself has the negative equity. but the property has the positive equity like you claimed the other day?

The simple answer is, you cant. You couldnt all the other times i asked. And you still cant. And thats your final analysis, is it not?

The tax isn't on the mortgage - it's on the property - which retains a value of 200k, regardless of what was paid for it originally. Most homeowners don't have negative equity - quite the opposite - and the historic price paid for the property doesn't enter into the taxation valuation. A mortgage borrower in negative equity doesn't mean the mortgagee is in the same situation - and they may well have equity in the sale of the property.

I think he means "stooge". Which notion leaves my mind completely unboggled. :cool:

I think its possible freddie meant government waste, when he said stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

alastair wrote: »
    I think you'll find that it's only homeowners that are being taxed.

Exactly. But I would have used the word "punished" instead of taxed".

It seems that if you scrimped and scraped to own a home you are punished here. Now if you were a person who never got up in the morning to go to work, claimed the dole and all that went with it, obtained a free house and were head of a family who didn't go to school regularly, terrorized their area, clogged up the courts regularly and made people live in fear ........ you need not worry because the state will continue to support you.

Homeowners --- time to make a stand !!!
    Don't register, don't pay.

• Advertisement

I think its possible freddie meant government waste, when he said stool.

My bad :o I thought he was talking about our friend!;)

Exactly. But I would have used the word "punished" instead of taxed".

It seems that if you scrimped and scraped to own a home you are punished here. Now if you were a person who never got up in the morning to go to work, claimed the dole and all that went with it, obtained a free house and were head of a family who didn't go to school regularly, terrorized their area, clogged up the courts regularly and made people live in fear ........ you need not worry because the state will continue to support you.

Homeowners --- time to make a stand !!!
    Don't register, don't pay.

What about homeowners who terrorize their area - no love for them?
    I'm Loving the Daily Mail vibe though - mmm, demonisation.

The tax isn't on the mortgage - it's on the property - which retains a value of 200k, regardless of what was paid for it originally. Most homeowners don't have negative equity - quite the opposite - and the historic price paid for the property doesn't enter into the taxation valuation. A mortgage borrower in negative equity doesn't mean the mortgagee is in the same situation - and they may well have equity in the sale of the property.

I asked you to explain where the wealth is in a 200k house, with a 300k mortgage.

Also, the example i gave, house cost 300k, owner paid 110k principal (not incl interest), equity = +10k. Is that wealth now in your view?

10k cost 110k.

What about homeowners who terrorize their area - no love for them?
    I'm Loving the Daily Mail vibe though - mmm, demonisation.

Is that the best you can do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

I think you'll find that it's only homeowners that are being taxed.

You really are a brain dead moron!! What age are ya?? Making comments like this proves you aint got a clue in that closed minded brain of yours.

Thousands of people if not hundreds of thousands do not own there home the bank owns it which they are strugling to pay of as it is and you think its perfectly fine for these people to pay out more money??? Cop on to life will you? spare us!!

• Advertisement

Mr CJ wrote: »
    You really are a brain dead moron!! What age are ya?? Making comments like this proves you aint got a clue in that closed minded brain of yours.

Thousands of people if not hundreds of thousands do not own there home the bank owns it which they are strugling to pay of as it is and you think its perfectly fine for these people to pay out more money??? Cop on to life will you? spare us!!

Everyone with a mortgage owns their house. The lender has a lien on the mortgage, not ownership of the property.

That's Mr. Brain Dead Moron to you Jack!

Mr CJ wrote: »

He is obviously still living at home with mammy and daddy and probably spending a bit of time in college under a free grant which WE are paying.

My bad :o I thought he was talking about our friend!;)

I think he was... the kind of stool the doctor might ask you about:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

why do the tds not have to pay it, council tenants are exempt why, badly thought out, phil the flute(r) is making this up as he went along, he forgot the irish version of it, also the leaflets were not delivered before the end of febuary, i stated that not every one had internet acess etc, bully boy tactics only got peoples hackles up, mahon being published in the morning will take it off the headlines, it will focus peoples minds elsewhere, now if it it goes the way a lot of people hopes it goes then people will say why should i pay, did you see what mahon said about that crowd, if it goes against public opinion it will be said look at what was got away with i am going to try the same with this bill, many people do not know if they are exempt or not, it remiends me of a clergy man having a race horse, he called it nobody knows, well every one did.

flutered wrote: »
    why do the tds not have to pay it,.

Oh Jesus. Not again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

And the babble you spout. What exactly is a 'stool of government' when it's home?
    Pedantic? A prerequisite for comments sinking in, is that they make some sense in the first place - otherwise it's just gobbledygook.
    :pac:

Your a fine one to accuse others of uttering babble and gobbledygook...
    Just some of your classics...
    You prefer the pixie dust solution?
    ...We do have our fair share of faries if thats what you mean?
    "I know what you are, but what am I?"
    okaaay.
    Good question!
    I can't keep up with the contortions at play.
    I'm bending over backwards in just trying to understand you!
    There's an obvious exemption for garden ornaments.
    Convert your home to a rollercoaster and you'll get the same deal.
    :confused:
    Hooray! all the freemen bolloxology in one convenient thread.
    Maritime laws ftw.
    Say wha?
    How do like those apples?
    Fruit?
    The freemen idiots - of which there's a few in this thread - are wallowing in conspiracy theories. It's like a cargo cult for slower crusties.
    Anyone translate?
    More whattaboutery!
    What again?
    Apples and Oranges - but then you knew that already.
    Huh? Your obsessed about fruit!

NUTS!!! :D

Not a single compelling argument against property tax over the course of this thread - depressing.

And I thought you were in favour of the charge!

Now we know you're just a confused little bunny :cool:

flutered wrote: »
    why do the tds not have to pay it, council tenants are exempt why, badly thought out, phil the flute(r) is making this up as he went along, he forgot the irish version of it, also the leaflets were not delivered before the end of febuary, i stated that not every one had internet acess etc, bully boy tactics only got peoples hackles up, mahon being published in the morning will take it off the headlines, it will focus peoples minds elsewhere, now if it it goes the way a lot of people hopes (hello- I'm a full stop.) it goes then people will say why should i pay, did you see what mahon said about that crowd, if it goes against public opinion it will be said look at what was got away with i am going to try the same with this bill, many people do not know if they are exempt or not, it remiends me of a clergy man having a race horse, he called it nobody knows, well every one did.

It's stream of consciousness night - now without that nasty punctuation.

LOL

Your off again aren't you! :pac:

Anyone up for more gobbledygook? :pac:

Biggins wrote: »
    :pac:

Your a fine one to accuse others of uttering babble and gobbledygook...
    Just some of your classics...

...we do have our fair share of faries if thats what you mean?

Good question!

I'm bending over backwards in just trying to understand you!

:confused:

Say wha?

Fruit?

Anyone translate?

What again?

Huh? Your obsessed about fruit!

NUTS!!! :D

Pride in ignorance is nothing to shout about. If you don't understand it's not my fault. No gobbledygook there.

• Advertisement

Pride in ignorance is nothing to shout about. If you don't understand it's not my fault. No gobbledygook there.

No, certainly not!
    More whattaboutery!
    I seriously must update my dictionary! :D

Hey folks!

The "no" vote is up to 43.31% - it's a full 0.1% on earlier today.

This is exciting! :D

Biggins wrote: »
    No, certainly not!

I seriously must update my dictionary! :D

Ah - a typo. It's 'whataboutery' of course!

http://jasonomahony.ie/an-occasional-guide-to-irish-politics-whataboutery/

Latest research would suggest that there is no such thing. Apparently consciousness operates in fits and starts.

Bit like your logic circuit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

OP seems very far away now alright :cool:

And when will the Nos break the 1000 barrier in this poll?

Looking forward to people calling in their wagers come the 31st.
    Should be interesting.

Around 280,000 have paid so far. What's that percentage wise?
    17.5%?

So that requires 32,000 people/day to pay up to deny the No Campaign the magic 1 million figure?

Despite the rather lame attempts here in favour of paying, I'm still not going to pay. This issue has become rather more important than €100.

Shur I spent that on Mothers Day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hey folks!

The "no" vote is up to 43.31% - it's a full 0.1% on earlier today.

This is exciting! :D

Look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

He is obviously still living at home with mammy and daddy and probably spending a bit of time in college under a free grant which WE are paying.

And you're using the roads and hospitals that the VAT on his cans pays for.

Aaa... I see. Its made up comedy.
    Well fair play (again), your making me smile!
    Keep up the comedy as you are. :D

Look again.

Ah sheet! I meant 41.31 :o:mad::o:mad::o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Latest numbers appear to be here
    300,172 households had paid the household charge as of 5pm today, according to the Department of the Environment.

So still another 1.3 million to go, and 10 days left in which to pay.

Even with an expected surge near the end it looks like it will be an embarrassment for the government.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement