Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe you should contact Revenue about that. I receive a P60 and a taxation certificate each year and my employer provides me with a payslip each week.
    After you've paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Maybe you should contact Revenue about that. I receive a P60 and a taxation certificate each year and my employer provides me with a payslip each week.

You get a receipt from the state annually, and a receipt from your employer. Any invoices or bills in that lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

alastair wrote: »
    Any hints as to why this charge is wrong and shouldn't be paid?

LMAO
    You are actually asking this question?? did you actually read any of the 6000+ comments?? I dont know... funny stuff

Mr CJ wrote: »
    LMAO
    You are actually asking this question?? did you actually read any of the 6000+ comments?? I dont know... funny stuff

You're the funny guy - so emotive, and yet so shy to articulate the actual reasons you believe the tax is unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

tin79 wrote: »
    The old "its only x number of pints" argument. Is that really all you can compare it to? Its hardly a persuasive argument.
    The implication being that those who are refusing to pay it are dipsos... I think :confused:

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    In two years time there wont be any such thing as a household charge. It will have been replaced by the Property Tax by then, so there would be no point in them coming back in two years time

How will that be Donal?? Thanks to the household charge thats why!!

This is why it needs to be stopped now before it escalates into €2000+/yr anyone with some bit of common sense can see this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

seamus wrote: »

No they don't. They send out payment reminders. In any case, if you don't receive a payment reminder, that's no defence against non-payment.
    Never said it was a defence, just that they send a bill/reminder. Whatever you want to call it.
    The difference is that a bill details money owed.
    The documents sent in relation to motor tax and TV licences clearly state that the payment is only due if you still have a TV/car. That's not a bill.

Well it says how much is owed. And a bill is a statement of fees owed. If you want to argue over the pedantics of whether thats a bill or not, fair enough, its a reminder then. But a letter is sent to say its owed, in fact, they send them multiple times.

You're the funny guy - so emotive, and yet so shy to articulate the actual reasons you believe the tax is unfair.

Im funny? I dont see any point in repeating the hundreds of reasons why its wrong, look yourself at the last 6000 posts they are all there.

Im funny? I dont see any point in repeating the hundreds of reasons why its wrong, look yourself at the last 6000 posts they are all there.

Hundreds of reasons now! And still unable to articulate any of them. Shocking stuff.

Hundreds of reasons now! And still unable to articulate any of them. Shocking stuff.

Believe me I can but I dont see any logic repeating what has already been said and to you it be like speaking to a wall since we are even having this conversation

• Advertisement

Believe me I can but I dont see any logic repeating what has already been said and to you it be like speaking to a wall since we are even having this conversation

You really don't have anything to offer against the tax, do you? Not wanting to pay isn't really enough to pull those numbers you talk about behind you.

You really don't have anything to offer against the tax, do you? Not wanting to pay isn't really enough to pull those numbers you talk about behind you.

Actually stick on Today FM now, cause nearly every comment he reads out are people furious with this charge and explain why they aint paying it!!

Actually stick on Today FM now, cause nearly every comment he reads out are people furious with this charge and explain why they aint paying it!!

But I'd love to hear what you have to say on the matter, particularly since you have 'hundreds' of objections. That's what discussion forums are all about - you don't want to be a blind follower of mass media, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not wanting to pay isn't really enough to pull those numbers you talk about behind you.

No pulling required judging by the miniscule amount registered with a little over 11 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You'll pay up alright - you have the air of a keyboard warrior. First to fall.

He's a true F.G. man alright. You can smell the arrogance.

mikom wrote: »
    No pulling required judging by the miniscule amount registered with a little over 11 days to go.

Assuming the remainder don't intend paying. Which would be foolish.

He's a true F.G. man alright. You can smell the arrogance.

You can always spot the FF shill - they're the ones who presume everyone else is a FG shill.

How do like those apples?

Olivia O'Leary just on Radio one's Drivetime monologue stating that Phil Hogan and the government have made a mess of the whole thing.
    Momentum is building.

You can always spot the FF shill - they're the ones who presume everyone else is a FG shill.

How do like those apples?

You just can't take it can you.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then its a duck.
    Come on on on out now Alastair and show your true blue colours. Be a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

This thread has descended into drivel.

• Advertisement

This thread has descended into drivel.

If you don't like it just jump off then. Bye bye.

You just can't take it can you.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then its a duck.
    Come on on on out now Alastair and show your true blue colours. Be a man.

You're a Bertie Boy - don't deny it. Paranoid about the blueshirts to the point of showing your true colours. Thanks for the blanket bank guarantee!

Olivia O'Leary just on Radio one's Drivetime monologue stating that Phil Hogan and the government have made a mess of the whole thing.
    Momentum is building.

Does she say if she's paying?

Does she say if she's paying?

Never said.
    The ould gravy train is paying her enough to afford to though.

You're a Bertie Boy - don't deny it. Paranoid about the blueshirts to the point of showing your true colours. Thanks for the blanket bank guarantee!

You obviously like getting your hair ruffled and made a fool of just like your master then.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thanks to FG with continuing to pay it!

Biggins wrote: »
    Thanks to FG with continuing to pay it!

There's the thing - Tayto's crowd are no better than the blueshirts, worse if anything, and yet the partisan nonsense gets in the way of recognition that we have no choice but to raise taxation levels to european norms if we're going to ever get a sustainable economy, and that property taxes are a clear, and progressive part of that equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Never said.
    The ould gravy train is paying her enough to afford to though.
    Pay attention mikom. She said she paid it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

There's the thing - Tayto's crowd are no better than the blueshirts, worse if anything, and yet the partisan nonsense gets in the way of recognition that we have no choice but to raise taxation levels to european norms if we're going to ever get a sustainable economy, and that property taxes are a clear, and progressive part of that equation.

Property taxes are a travesty.

Basically you could spend all your cash on champagne and caviare and not have a problem. Take the same cash, save it and buy a home and you're liable to be taxed again on it.

• Advertisement

mconigol wrote: »
    Property taxes are a travesty.

Basically you could spend all your cash on champagne and caviare and not have a problem. Take the same cash, save it and buy a home and you're liable to be taxed again on it.

because there's no VAT or duty liable on champagne or caviar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement