Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Basilisk Droid

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I invited BatBat to EGB today, he's a good mate of mine and very experienced MMO player. I think he's banned from Boards though (honestly, lol). There will be a couple more to come from my usually MMO gang hopefully!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

DeVore wrote: »
    I invited BatBat to EGB today, he's a good mate of mine and very experienced MMO player. I think he's banned from Boards though (honestly, lol). There will be a couple more to come from my usually MMO gang hopefully!

DeV.

Invite who you like all are welcome all that we ask is that eveyone playing together does so with respect .

There will be a few changes coming soon we will be changing the guild name ect and will be putting a guild charter ect in place to make sure everyone has a good time ect. Please check guild forum for any info .

red_ice wrote: »
    Yer, I have a VPS Server which is being used atm for a commerce site I built last year, the sites due migrate this month, and there is still a few months left on the VPS server, so Ill set up a vent/mumble on it that will host ireland. :pac:

Can you touch base with Hadur/witless he is also looking at something and could save duplicate effor/ combine forces on it (I'm a technocabbage so no idea what's involved other than contributing to hosted one)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have a Trooper on there [its an alt] ,might hook with some of you guys at some stage :)

All,

FYI for any EGB members, we have changed names to "Dawn Herald" as its linked to lore, we have an officer in the guild EGB directing people over.

If you have any issues let myself or Omphin know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

A bit of info from Vector himself, about what it means to be Dawn Herald. (coolest companion ever btw!)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I should probably get myself in a guild. Who should I contact in Dawn Herald (sounds like a newspaper)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Calhoun wrote: »

Not to be a moan or anything, but that guild name is wack.

even "wheelchair empire" would have more class :pac:

<edit>
    Maximilian wrote: »
    sounds like a newspaper

My exact words when I joined :D
    </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

All,

FYI for any EGB members, we have changed names to "Dawn Herald" as its linked to lore, we have an officer in the guild EGB directing people over.

It's a bad idea to do a guild migration when only 2 people have invite priveldges. Several people, myself included, are waiting 2 days for an invite. :(

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a bad idea to do a guild migration when only 2 people have invite priveldges. Several people, myself included, are waiting 2 days for an invite. :(

i agree, i suggested that all people should be able to invite to enable a smooth transition, apologies to those that had to wait for their invite, seems it was overlooked that only few could inv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Kirby wrote: »

Fair play for staying though, after 2 days i'd be finding a new home!

Fair play for staying though, after 2 days i'd be finding a new home!

actually it was around 24 hours not 2 days, since the guild was only made up around 5pm on monday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Apologies for any hassle we tried to move it at peak times and we got the majority of the guild over. We had full invite privileges on for most of the evening when we made the transition. I moved it back to a select few roles around 11.30 that night before I logged off. I'm currently doing a repair of my client so hopefully I can fix it for more people to invite tonight.

We also have our website and forums sorted out so feel free to visit:
    http://www.dawnherald.com

Follow the link to the forums then.

Anyone that isn't in guild but is on BD (or boards in general!) feel free to register and post in the appropriate topic. With so many of us on the one server and on both factions it would be good to get a bit of banter going and a few world events over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

witless1 wrote: »
    Apologies for any hassle we tried to move it at peak times and we got the majority of the guild over. We had full invite privileges on for most of the evening when we made the transition. I moved it back to a select few roles around 11.30 that night before I logged off. I'm currently doing a repair of my client so hopefully I can fix it for more people to invite tonight.

We also have our website and forums sorted out so feel free to visit:
    http://www.dawnherald.com

Follow the link to the forums then.

Anyone that isn't in guild but is on BD (or boards in general!) feel free to register and post in the appropriate topic. With so many of us on the one server and on both factions it would be good to get a bit of banter going and a few world events over time.

Web design looks smashing, epicly jealous.

Dramaatic dont have a webby so I'm itching to develop something haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

TheDoc wrote: »
    Web design looks smashing, epicly jealous.

Dramaatic dont have a webby so I'm itching to develop something haha :D

Have you looked at enjin? They have a pretty good WYSIWYG site builder, and a couple of tools that are geared for guild websites.

Dawn Herald site is lovely though - May need to jack that server status widget for my own guild.

Still a work in progress need to sit down during the week and sort out a header image for it to replace the built in one. Couple of plugins and widgets wouldn't go astray either!

Just an update on the above post, got in game and updated all the ranks to allow you to invite. Once everyone gets on board we can close the ranks down again. So anyone in the old EGB guild whisper any Dawn Herald member for an invite :)

Raphael wrote: »
    Dawn Herald site is lovely though - May need to jack that server status widget for my own guild.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/swtor-server-status/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hehe... Already poked through your code and found it. Thanks though!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tried to sign up for DH's new forums but there is an error with the captcha thingy. It says "Input error: Invalid referer!" where you would expect the captcha to be.

DeV.

Raphael wrote: »
    Have you looked at enjin? They have a pretty good WYSIWYG site builder, and a couple of tools that are geared for guild websites.

Excellent shout!

http://dramattic.enjin.com

Dramattic EU created ;)

Really nice website to build from :)

• Advertisement

Seen some enjin stuff in wow and it always looked crap but have to say I love the look of your site.

Seen some enjin stuff in wow and it always looked crap but have to say I love the look of your site.

Its also €5 a month for a better hosting plan with some nice features, might even give it a whirl is the usage warrants it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have a lvl34 Merc with Dawn herald but I'm creating an alt so i can level with my sister a bit on the republic side. Is it cool if we both join Honour Guard? Who should I whisper for an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Whisper Gsx for Honour Guard.

DeVore wrote: »
    Tried to sign up for DH's new forums but there is an error with the captcha thingy. It says "Input error: Invalid referer!" where you would expect the captcha to be.

DeV.

Hey DeV, that should be sorted now. Seemed to be a problem with the public/private key for the Captcha server when the domain name changed over so I reset it there. Should be good to sign up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Anyone online on Honour Guard at the moment who I could whisper for an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Signed up to BD on monday

Jedi Knight - NworbNalla - Only lv7 at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Anyone online on Honour Guard at the moment who I could whisper for an invite?

Also try Crasysab (think i spelt that right).

Eternity Vault cleared tonight, not bad considering it was a few of the lads who just said ****it lets have a go : D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Eternity Vault cleared tonight, not bad considering it was a few of the lads who just said ****it lets have a go : D

Not cleared yet, 10% wipe on the last boss, but about to be clear :P

Advertisement