Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Basilisk Droid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

CyberJuice wrote: »
    gettin annoyed with this q every day, an hour its gone up to now

Been logged in since 10am hoping i don't get DC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

GRRRR just got disconnected! 700 in que...

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

I know many of you are getting a bit pee'd off with the queuing for Basilisk Droid, heck i am too. The biggest mistake though would be to give up on it at such an early time. You can see its very much the same with the majority of the servers.

Today the game crashed for me 2 times when entering a warzone, 40 min queue each time to come back on. I had played late last night, till about 6 or 7 am so i got alot done then. I came back online about half 10 after a phone call waking me up. Very little or no queue time then. I suggest for people to play early or late if they can, until the server settles.

Basilisk Droid is for the irish, you waited for your early access, your next mission is to stick out the queue times or work around them. It will be worth it in the long run. We have enough people on the server to really have a good laugh, set up some pvp events between irish on both sides. Hell, even to organise some guild meet ups for drinks. so lets just hang in there, work around the busy server times if we can it will be worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

wouldnt be so bad if we could make an alt on another server and play while in the q for basilisk droid,then get a pop up saying that our number is up and we can enter the server or decline it.

if you have 2 and a half or 3 hours time to play and your sittin in a q for an hour its so annoying

luckily i didnt chose tome of freedom or leggions of lettow they are showing a que of up to 1 hour 40 mins..

and this is only early access,what happens all next week wen we get a big influx of new players.they are still accepting new people onto basilisk droid as far as i can tell lol

its a saturday night,can some of you lads fcuk off down the pub or something and let me in!! go get some fresh air omphin

wouldnt be so bad if we could make an alt on another server and play while in the q for basilisk droid,then get a pop up saying that our number is up and we can enter the server or decline it.

if you have 2 and a half or 3 hours time to play and your sittin in a q for an hour its so annoying

luckily i didnt chose tome of freedom or leggions of lettow they are showing a que of up to 1 hour 40 mins..

and this is only early access,what happens all next week wen we get a big influx of new players.they are still accepting new people onto basilisk droid as far as i can tell lol

its a saturday night,can some of you lads fcuk off down the pub or something and let me in!! go get some fresh air omphin

It's been said that they are increasing the server capacity, hopefully that will improve things. :D

• Advertisement

lol, im at work since 6:45 until 1:30 am so take my slot :D

Omphin wrote: »
    lol, im at work since 6:45 until 1:30 am so take my slot :D

Queue for some warzones when you get home :cool:

GarethBah wrote: »

i will, but im kinda relearning how to play atm, setting up a new hot key outlay so i'll prob get trampled for a while, was second on damage in huttball, but thats easy if ur just sniping from afar not worried about the ball and just trying to focus on ur rotation. Loved knocking people back into the fire with improved ambush. muhahaha

If you beat me down be sure to tea bag me after it, lol

Sniper does far too much damage, that is all :pac:

Sniper does far too much damage, that is all :pac:

Made my alt for Honor guard too. Smuggler Called Eastwood, ill put up a screenshot of him, its gas looks the spit of him too. also made an arnold schwarzenegger lookalike trooper called Quaid. loving it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

i will, but im kinda relearning how to play atm, setting up a new hot key outlay so i'll prob get trampled for a while, was second on damage in huttball, but thats easy if ur just sniping from afar not worried about the ball and just trying to focus on ur rotation. Loved knocking people back into the fire with improved ambush. muhahaha

If you beat me down be sure to tea bag me after it, lol

I should've went sniper instead of Merc. Ah well can always re-roll :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 saber00

Robyn- Sage

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Hadur -- Sorcerer

With regard the queue times it is going to be like that over Christmas and the New Year with so many people off of work. I'm hoping when the general release comes out that any new players will flock to the servers with no queues. BD is one of the lesser queues from what I can see at the moment, sitting in the 30-60 min range. Some of the others I am looking at are 2 and 3 hour queues. You should see the numbers equalising though in the coming days and weeks, it's not like WoW where servers and reputations are established already so you will see people rolling onto new servers especially if they only have a few hours on their char. So stick with it and keep the server Irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I know many of you are getting a bit pee'd off with the queuing for Basilisk Droid, heck i am too. The biggest mistake though would be to give up on it at such an early time. You can see its very much the same with the majority of the servers.

Today the game crashed for me 2 times when entering a warzone, 40 min queue each time to come back on. I had played late last night, till about 6 or 7 am so i got alot done then. I came back online about half 10 after a phone call waking me up. Very little or no queue time then. I suggest for people to play early or late if they can, until the server settles.

Basilisk Droid is for the irish, you waited for your early access, your next mission is to stick out the queue times or work around them. It will be worth it in the long run. We have enough people on the server to really have a good laugh, set up some pvp events between irish on both sides. Hell, even to organise some guild meet ups for drinks. so lets just hang in there, work around the busy server times if we can it will be worth it in the end

have to say, im not that worried about the queue times, it will die down eventually and we will be level capped with an alright queue time for when the game loses popularity, its worth it for sure...

One thing im a bit headwrecked over is that theres only 2/3 people online with ATT. I know theres a merger in place etc, but id like to roll with other people. Hows EGB's status atm? I wouldnt mind joining up with you lads if you're online more often than i am, then going to ATT with the merge. Definitly want to stick to that group of people tho

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

red_ice wrote: »
    One thing im a bit headwrecked over is that theres only 2/3 people online with ATT. I know theres a merger in place etc, but id like to roll with other people. Hows EGB's status atm? I wouldnt mind joining up with you lads if you're online more often than i am, then going to ATT with the merge. Definitly want to stick to that group of people tho

You should have gotten a mail about it telling anyone to come over from ATT into EGB? I'm pretty sure we sent it to everyone left within the guild so apologies if you didn't get one. A few things have changed so come into EGB for now and register on the forums and we can chat from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

How would I go about signing up for said Guild? I feel so alone in BD :o

Nope, didnt get it. /w haunt and invite me if possible! Gagging to play with other people!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Stev_o wrote: »
    How would I go about signing up for said Guild? I feel so alone in BD :o
    Do a /who and search for Erin Go Bragh. Whisper anyone in it and we can point you in the right direction.

Was minding my own business, doing taral v and I just randomly get 150k ms and get d/c then this...

http://imgur.com/ZL43z

:(

Blowfish wrote: »
    Do a /who and search for Erin Go Bragh. Whisper anyone in it and we can point you in the right direction.

Yea, that works in wow, but i dont think it does in swtor. I when i do it im just getting a list of everyone in the area.

Myself and stev-o are havin the chats... beginning to get a bit more fun now, but if im honest we could both do with an invite.

Again, im Haunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

red_ice wrote: »
    Yea, that works in wow, but i dont think it does in swtor. I when i do it im just getting a list of everyone in the area.
    In the /who list, there's a search box at the top and it works for searching guild names.

I would poke one of them to send you an invite but like Gareth I got kicked out so am stuck at about 800 now in the queue. :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Joined BD as a really, really evil Sith Assassin called Fex.

Really enjoying it. Last MMO I tried was AOC and I got bored of that in about a week or two. Voice acting is brilliant. Murderous comedy droids are hilarious. Queues are a beach though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The only thing ill say is that a quick look of EGB shows a f*cking huge amount of 4 particular classes and quite a small number of Troopers and Hunters id say it's probably the same elsewhere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

What faction is EGB on BD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

cocoshovel wrote: »
    What faction is EGB on BD?

Empire.

oxo_ wrote: »
    Empire.

Damn :(.

Hows the ratio between the 2 overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Damn :(.

Hows the ratio between the 2 overall?

Empire 2 : 1 at least id estimate.

Dont even bother trying to queue solo for pvp on the republic side.

Psychosis wrote: »
    Empire 2 : 1 at least id estimate.

Dont even bother trying to queue solo for pvp on the republic side.

:( BD becomes less appealing day by day

Was talking to an old CS/CSS mate last night who told me that the uk css community have all landed on our server!

This makes me very happy. PVP with those chaps will be fuuuuuuuun! :pac:

• Advertisement

Was just thinking... how about we start writing down the average time it takes to connect to the server?

Just make a note on a piece of paper what day it is, and how long it takes you to get into the server. Just so we can see trends.

5-7 from my experience has been 1-2 hour long waits. Where as 8pm is a 15 min wait, and 9-10 is 5 mins.

Just an idea...

Advertisement