Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Christmas song ever.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Do they know it's Christmas time?

The worst

To answer your question Mr Geldof, no, I suspect they don't know or care that it's Christmas time. They're starving to death in Africa. And they're probably Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

What a sh!t christmass number 1. Im so sick of this crap.

F*CK OFF X FACTOR your ruining Christmass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The worst

To answer your question Mr Geldof, no, I suspect they don't know or care that it's Christmas time. They're starving to death in Africa. And they're probably Muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

The worst

Shanr McGowans fairytale of new york is a bit rough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

gigino wrote: »
    Shanr McGowans fairytale of new york is a bit rough too.

How bout the demos? as rough as ya get :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Fairytale of New York.
    I'll back ya up Pherekydes. I hate that corny shyte with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

The worst

To be fair though, I have enormous respect for the original 1984 version because most of the singers who took part in it were very talented. Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Bono, George Michael, Sting, Phil Collins, Boy George and Paul Young all sang solo or in harmony until the obvious "Feed The World, Do They Know It's Christmas Time" part. Hereafter, Bananarama and a lot of other singers join in. I respect all of these artists.

Another version was made back in 1989. However, it was corny as hell. All of the cheesy artists came in for it including Jason Donovan, Kylie Minogue (when she was corny), Cliff Richard (the king of cheesiness but still respectable), Chris Rea (one of my favourite singers), Bananarama (Once again and also very Cheesy) and many others. Either-way, it was one big cheese fest overall.:D

On the other hand, the 2004 version was absolute CRAP especially, when Dizzy Rascal raps between the bridge of the song. In the video, Justin Hawkins from The Darkness successfully turns the song into a joke of parody proportions. The only part that gave me goosebumps was when Bono reprises his line "Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you" which echoed the 1984 version. I can respect some of the artists who took part in this version such as Chris Martin (too a certain extent), Dido, Robbie Williams, Rachel Stevens, Joss Stone and Sugababes (quirky and good eye candy at the same time:D). Other than that, this remake was f%^&ing sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Another version was made back in 1985. However, it was corny as hell. All of the cheesy artists came in for it including Jason Donovan, Kylie Minogue (when she was corny), Cliff Richard (the king of cheesiness but still respectable), Chris Rea (one of my favourite singers), Bananarama (Once again and also very Cheesy) and many others. Either-way, it was one big cheese fest overall.:D

agree with the above but..it was actually 1989, when stock aiken and waterman were at their height with their sh!te:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Des Carter wrote: »

ALL. SO. ****ING. UGLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Des Carter wrote: »

What in the name of Thundering Jaysus is this Outrage.

That's Damien Rice these bints are butchering. sellout:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Fairytale of New York.

+1. Despise it.

It's like some sort of musical sacred cow.

"...It was christmas eeeeeevening....rabble rabble rabble" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

What in the name of Thundering Jaysus is this Outrage.

That's Damien Rice these bints are butchering. sellout:(

https://twitter.com/#!/DamienRice/status/146292603283976193

He just signed away the rights to the record label that he is signed with and they would have licensed it to X-Fuckor so his record label and he will make a lot of money from them releasing the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That whole debacle nearly made me vomit upon it's release. Horrible, horrible cover which crumbles with Dizzy Rascal's non-sensical bit.

As one singer said something like this in an interview leading to up it's release:
    "It's a modern verson, innit? We is, like, giving it alot more of an "urban" feel, yea? It's for dee keeds in Afwica, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

this...painful to listen to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZ14B65u6k

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Feliz Navidad.

It's actually not that bad but last year it was pretty much every third song on Christmas FM so I used to be in work and hear it 15-20 times a shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That one that goes like "Christmas time, misteltoe and wine, children singing Christian rhyme." Oh fcuk off, Cliff...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Noddy Holder....it's that time of year again. Put your feet up and get your calculator out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Fairytale of New York.

Jesus Christ, what a load of balls that is. If I want to hear some two toothed eejit rambling on, I'll go listen to some drunken fool in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Fairytale of New York - Emma Kate Tobia & George Murphy :eek:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fairytale-of-new-york-single/id484753723

This should be banned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If I want to hear some two toothed eejit rambling on, I'll go listen to some drunken fool in the pub.

Knowing every Xmas, the same drunken fool will be singing Fairytale Of New York when it plays for the 142nd time on the jukebox :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas.

Played all the time, everywhere I go.

/ Shakes head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The most depressing song you could have this time of the year:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Any song sung by Cliff Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

tempura wrote: »
    What the worst xmas song ever.

I've just heard this version of a what is a great song, but this has been murdered by Ronan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daAG5JfNNFQ

sweet jayzusss
    my neck is wet now ..
    how do yah stop your ears bleeding ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Edal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

has anyone said proper crim'bo??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBF7TiyATo

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Britney Spears has a Chrismas song. I try to close my ears when it comes on.

Advertisement