Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a Gig Early

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Acacia wrote: »
    I think at least half the audience left tbh , ha!:D I just went for Megadeth really, although Testament were supporting and they were quite good too.

They were, and that was an added bonus

Actually Megadeth and Testament played a show on that tour together, without Judas Priest, in Newcastle...and that was more heavily attended then most of the shows were Priest was included

Have to say though, first time I've ever seen a support act (Megadeth) do an encore. Physically leaving the stage for at least 5/8 minutes before coming back on...never seen a support band do that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Acacia wrote: »
    T...at Muse, we waited for about 8 hours outside the 02 in freezing weather, ..... I'm not the biggest Muse fan

Id hate to see what you would do for a band you were a fan of :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

They were, and that was an added bonus

Actually Megadeth and Testament played a show on that tour together, without Judas Priest, in Newcastle...and that was more heavily attended then most of the shows were Priest was included

Have to say though, first time I've ever seen a support act (Megadeth) do an encore. Physically leaving the stage for at least 5/8 minutes before coming back on...never seen a support band do that:pac:

Poor auld Judas Priest, they're just a bit... crap:pac: Ah no, I've just never really gotten into them.

ah yeah, I forgot MD did an encore, although from what I remember of the gig I wasn't overly impressed by them, they seemed like they were just going through the motions. Having said that, I suppose playing the same songs for over twenty years would get a bit boring after awhile!
    RayCon wrote: »
    Id hate to see what you would do for a band you were a fan of :eek:

Haha, trust me, if it had been up to me I would never have waited 8 hours for Muse!

Funny you should say that though, one band I was really, really excited about seeing was Down in the Academy a few years ago and I ended up nearly missing the start of their set ( missed the support too obviously, but that was Static X so it was probably a bonus to not see them!:p) Again, it was out of my control.

I'm going to see Korn in April this year so I wouldn't mind waiting a few hours to get a good spot for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

I've never left a gig early although if I went along to Amon Amarth, Ensiferum and Children of Bodom when they were here earlier in the year I probably would have left as soon as Bodom hit the stage.

Me and my mates left just before COB haha, that first band were shocking aswell, were they called Machinae Supremacy or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Elrollo wrote: »
    Me and my mates left just before COB haha, that first band were shocking aswell, were they called Machinae Supremacy or something?
    :eek: I've never heard of someone not liking Machinae Supremacy. Are you sure it was them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yep, it was definitely them. I was at that concert too (though I stayed for Bodom, I love them :D ). I didn't think that MS were bad, they just weren't what I'm really into.

Advertisement