Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

heres my Garmin Link for the Meath Spring Half...(hows that Neil:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Anne great solid running you are flying it. It wont be long before you break the 1.50 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Congrats on the PB. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Sounds like a great run! Well done Anne!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done Anne, great running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

fantastic splits there Anne, Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Well done Anne! You thoroughly deserved that PB

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Well done on a great run! Delighted you got your PB-weather wise it was tough yesterday - I can't decide which was worse- running into such a strong wind then turning a corner to strong sun and what felt like no air and then hailstones! Was a bit mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Well done Anne, great PB, very well deserved:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great running Anne, well done on a brill PB. What's next on the hitlist for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done Anne. You must be thrilled!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done anne, delighted for you :)

Well thanks everyone for the lovely comments...i am very happy with my PB and will hopefully improve as time goes by!!!

last week ended up with the following mileage, 4.35 on Wed, 2m on Fri, 2m on Sat and 14.44 on Sun

WTD - 22.57m
    MTD - 22.57m
    YTD -158.81m

This weeks plan

|Mon| Tue |Wed| Thur| Fri |Sat |Sun |
    |Rest| 4m |6m easy| 4m| rest| 1mile easy, 8x1 min hills 1 mile easy| 90 min easy|

Tuesday 6th March - 4.51m in 44:21 @9.50avg pace

Went out for easy run today and it probably should have been a bit slower, but felt fine, pulled it back middle of mile 3 and then felt legs getting heavy, but delighted to say no problems with the run. No HR strap so no stats for that.

m1-9.55
    m2=9.34
    m3=9.45
    m4= 9.59
    .52=9.59

Totals:D
    WTD - 4.51m
    MTD - 27.08m
    YTD -163.32m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Anne absolutely delighted for you. Cracking run on sunday. Sorry i didn't get to meet you afterwards, i just wanted to get home. I hope you enjoyed your few drinks on sunday, you well and truly deserved them.

Nules10 wrote: »
    Anne absolutely delighted for you. Cracking run on sunday. Sorry i didn't get to meet you afterwards, i just wanted to get home. I hope you enjoyed your few drinks on sunday, you well and truly deserved them.

Thanks Nules, im off the Miller for lent so had a few minerals...but its great gettin up every weekend with no sluggish head;)

Big day in my house today....my "baby" went for her first day in playschool...we arrived and i was all set to stay the duration...but no she Kissed me, waved and off about her business and i was sent packing:rolleyes: she got on so well that she is going 2 days from next week!!! shes conked out now on the sofa...wish i could join her

i have decided to Rest today as i have a niggle in the back of my right leg and i never have niggles...it started yesterday evening and i can feel it pulling ever since so i will rest it and see how it is tomorrow...plus i'm absolutely knackered...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Younganne wrote: »
    Big day in my house today....my "baby" went for her first day in playschool...we arrived and i was all set to stay the duration...but no she Kissed me, waved and off about her business and i was sent packing:rolleyes: she got on so well that she is going 2 days from next week!!! shes conked out now on the sofa...wish i could join her

i have decided to Rest today as i have a niggle in the back of my right leg and i never have niggles...it started yesterday evening and i can feel it pulling ever since so i will rest it and see how it is tomorrow...plus i'm absolutely knackered...:eek:
    :D

Ahhh so cute. It's always the same, we worry so much about them and they just want us to go and leave them to it.

Mind that niggle and take that rest day, you need it.

Bally8 wrote: »
    :D

Ahhh so cute. It's always the same, we worry so much about them and they just want us to go and leave them to it.

Mind that niggle and take that rest day, you need it.

+1:)

Well the Hamstring niggle was with me all day Wednesday & Thursday and D'OH i never thought to ice it!!:o Anyway got up today and it was fine so decided to try an easy run at lunch. It went fine and the hamstring was great but as i got nearer the end the back of my knee started pinching which means i need my IT band rubbed out.... so must book that for next week!!!

Fri 9th March - 3.76m in 39.18 @ 10.28/153

at last i managed a proper easy run, this is probably why my leg was sore as Tuesday run should have been slower.. someday the Wisdom will come:rolleyes:

I put Sundays time into here and got my training paces so will stick with them for now and see how it goes. I didn't quite fit into the easy run or the recovery run today but at least it was a more sensible pace

m1=10.33/151, m2=10.33/155,
    m3=10.25/152, .76=10.17/155

Totals:D
    WTD - 8.27m
    MTD - 30.84m
    YTD -167.08m

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

I was looking at HH intermediate plan again, I'll probably run at a faster pace than I did his half marathon plan but the intermediate still feels like its missing something (or its very similar to what I'm after doing with the half marathon) so I think instead of doing the cross training on Saturdays I'm going to do the Saturday run from the advanced plan, I'll see how it goes anyway!

• Advertisement

madon wrote: »
    I was looking at HH intermediate plan again, I'll probably run at a faster pace than I did his half marathon plan but the intermediate still feels like its missing something (or its very similar to what I'm after doing with the half marathon) so I think instead of doing the cross training on Saturdays I'm going to do the Saturday run from the advanced plan, I'll see how it goes anyway!

Hi Madon, in this thread Ecoli puts up a weeks training every Monday...at the minute its aimed at 10k Great Ireland run in April...the Wed and Sat plans are great as there are intervals and hills...why don't you use this plan and see how you get on...i've being following it since after the marathon last year and it great having variety in the training and my pace is definitely getting better

Saturday 10th March - 5m in 49:11 @9.50/162
    Went out for easy run on Satand enjoyed it, but my pace was all over the place:eek:

m1=10.04/155, m2= 9.55/163, m3=9.41/164, m4=9.29/161, m5=10.03/168

Sunday - i got up at 8, had the porridge and went back to bed " for an Hour", dozed on and off, got up and put on my gear but just didn't want to go for a run.....stayed in the gear and thought i'll go in a while but no, the will was not there, went for a "walk " with the family instead after a while but was more a meander than a walk..after the first mile decided i'd put the gear on and go for a run when we got back...but alas didn't fancy it when we eventually did get home....so decided to take the day off :eek:

Totals::D
    WTD:13.27m:eek:
    MTD:35.84m
    YTD:172.08m

Plan for this week

Mon| Tue| Wed| Thur| Fri| Sat| Sun|
    3 easy| 4m | 1 mile easy, 20 min @HMP(8.44 p/m), 1 mile easy|4m|Rest|1mile easy, 8x 70 sec hills 1 mile easy| 10m LSR|

My new Training Paces going on my new Half time are
    Workout – Pace per mile
    Recovery – 10.43 – 11.12
    Easy Run – 9.43 – 10.13
    Long Run – 9.43 – 10.43

Steady run - 8.44 – 8.59
    Tempo run – 8.22 – 8.44

Monday 12th March - 3.3m in 32.05 @ 9.44/152

Looks like I just made it inside my new easy run pace today;)…I’ll have to be more aware of it going out in future.Very warm out today and i really enjoyed my run, trying to pull it back for the last mile as i was going a bit too fast for an easy run.
    Splits were m1=9.38/150, m2=9.40/154, m3=9.51/150, m4(.30)=9.47/160

I am starting an 8 week program for the Boyne 10k race today(6th May) It will be the first time I have followed any plan other than the marathon plan. I am using Ecolis weekly plan on here and adding an extra day from Hal Higdons intermediate 10k and I’ll see how it goes.

The Boyne 10k in 2010 was when I got my 10k PB of 54.00(Chip time) and I started that race after the ambulance :eek:and chased the crowd and just kept the pace going:D….it was one of my most enjoyable races to date and I hope to improve on that time this year….(i also didn't have a Garmin on me in that race):rolleyes: i have not come close to it since, 56.27 in the Ardee Turfman 10k last July was the closest I have come to it since!! Would love sub 50 but don't know if that's in my reach yet!!! 52.00 will do for starters:D

Totals:
    WTD:3.3m
    MTD:39.14m
    YTD:175.38m

Younganne wrote: »

Sunday - i got up at 8, had the porridge and went back to bed " for an Hour", dozed on and off, got up and put on my gear but just didn't want to go for a run.....stayed in the gear and thought i'll go in a while but no, the will was not there, went for a "walk " with the family instead after a while but was more a meander than a walk..after the first mile decided i'd put the gear on and go for a run when we got back...but alas didn't fancy it when we eventually did get home....so decided to take the day off :eek:

We've all had days like that, your body was telling you it needed a rest, and after all it was Sunday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

The way you are running at the moment anne i can't see why you won't get sub 50... you are flying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    The way you are running at the moment anne i can't see why you won't get sub 50... you are flying it

+1 on that, on a good course and conditions you'd would give a sub 50 a fair crack

Thanks Ladies...we'll have to wait and see but i would be very hopeful of close enough to 50mins.

Tuesday 13th March - 5.11m in 45.11 @8.50/166 Garmin link

Decided to do Wed plan today and went a bit further that i was suppose to and faster than I was meant to :o

Plan - 1m esy 20min @HMP (8.44), 1 m easy
    Actual - 9.40/150, 8.35/169, 8.21/172, 8.20/174, 9.14/167. (.11m)9.01/180
    have to say this felt really comfortable and i really enjoyed the run, only for i was out on a main road and it was getting dusky i would have kept going!!!!

Totals::D
    WTD:8.41m
    MTD:44.25m
    YTD:180.49m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Get as close as you can in the Boyne 10k, then nail it in Dunshaughlin.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Get as close as you can in the Boyne 10k, then nail it in Dunshaughlin.;)

Never mind all this 10k mullarkey. I can point you in the direction of a pb-friendly 5 mile race this very Saturday ;)

• Advertisement

Never mind all this 10k mullarkey. I can point you in the direction of a pb-friendly 5 mile race this very Saturday ;)

Thanks meathcountysec, it would definitely be a PB as i've never raced a 5m before ;) and would love to do it but unfortunately i have other committments for Sat:(

I have the list of the Meath roads races and hope to get to plenty of them over the next few months...but even Dunboyne next week i'm unable to go too...but there'll be plenty more

Advertisement