Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

opps forgot my totals

Totals:D
    WTD=13.13miles
    MTD=73.87 miles
    YTD= 125.74 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Great stuff Anne, ur flying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done Anne. I think I'll try the Kyber for my hill repeats too now that you've broken it in for me :)

Well done Anne. I think I'll try the Kyber for my hill repeats too now that you've broken it in for me :)

To be honest i'm beginning to think i was in the wrong place...is the kyber the long narror road that goes from Wellington rd up to Acres road...at the minute its oneway down...its not a very big hill, but a long incline.....

neilc wrote: »
    Great stuff Anne, ur flying!!

Thanks Neil heres hoping i can see an improvement in my half time next week!!! Are you all set? Hows training going for you?? are the injuries all staying well away...Hope the cold has cleared up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great running Anne. You will be going into next week in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Younganne wrote: »
    To be honest i'm beginning to think i was in the wrong place...is the kyber the long narror road that goes from Wellington rd up to Acres road...at the minute its oneway down...its not a very big hill, but a long incline.....

Yes thats the Kyber. It was the hill we finished on in the 5 miler race series last year. Its a real drag of a hill and the wind always cuts across it. Its my least favourite one in the park. Well done for tackling it!

Thanks Neil heres hoping i can see an improvement in my half time next week!!! Are you all set? Hows training going for you?? are the injuries all staying well away...Hope the cold has cleared up!!!
    The cold has just about cleared up Anne and the training's going well but the heart hasn't been in it the last couple of runs. Poor Jack was killed on the road Wednesday evening and we're all totally heartbroken since. He really was the most loyal dog ever, the place won't be the same without him.
    Anyway, what time are you aiming for Sunday week. I've a hilly 17 miler on the Saturday so don't know if I'll be racing flat out yet. Will see how I feel on the day.

Ah Neil, Poor Jack, its terrible when that happens especially when you have had him for years...have you still got Jill....is she heartbroken too....bet the kids miss him about the place

as for Sunday, anything better that 1.57 would be great!! 17m hilly...no bother to you...you will start enjoying them again soon...Looking forward to the catchup next week...My gang will all be there!!

Yeah still have Jill alright. She definitely misses him too, doing lots of sniffing around looking for him. She's getting tons of extra love and attention since.
    I reckon you're good for at least 1:50 next week the way you've been training. How about I bring my lot as well and we get some pub grub and a couple of pints afterwards in Navan. Speaking of pints, heading out for some tonight so tomorrows 20 miler should be fun. We're checking out a wedding band over in Ashbourne with Anne, did I tell ye she getting married in July. Hope it doesn't end up like last time we checked out a wedding band, don't suppose yourself or Declan will ever forget that:o

• Advertisement

Ha Ha Neil we often talk about that....Ye hope you don't have to test your Sprint speed!!!!

i'd love 1:50, its my half target for the Sept Half in the race series...not sure its quite in me yet

That Sounds like a plan for next week!!..:D

Sunday 26th - 10.5m in 1:45:36 10.03/166

garmin link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152813649

Headed out on this run not sure if i was going to do an 8m, 10m, 12m or 14m...not ideal i know but was trying to figure what was the best option with the Meath Spring Half Marathon on next Sunday...but anyway decided to do a hilly route that was 8ish miles but could be extended...
    found it cold at the start, soon warmed up, lost the jacket and plodded on...the hills are great for working up a sweat...but had to put the jacket back on at 6m as the chill was back in the air....took a gel, just to get them back in the system for next weeks race and headed on...legs got tired at about this stage so decided to finish up at 10.3, did a few laps of the house to bring it up to 10.5 even;)

splits are pretty even so happy out and push on slightly in the last stages to see if it was in the legs...
    m1=10.06/151
    m2=10.02/172
    m3=10.00/165
    m4=10.10/163
    m5=10.04/160
    m6=9.54/167
    m7=10.06/167
    m8=10.06/175
    m9=10.10/164
    m10=9.50/173
    .51=10.14/180

WTD=23.63miles
    MTD=84.27 miles
    YTD= 136.24 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

You are flying it Anne. next week will be no bother to you

plan for this week looked like this

|Mon |Tue| Wed |Thur |Fri |Sat| Sun|
    |Rest |2m |1 mile easy, 2 x 1 mile @ HM Race pace w / 90 sec , 1 mile easy| 2m|rest| 1 mile very light jog| Race

but so far, went like this:eek:

|Mon|Tue| Wed| Thur| Fri|Sat |Sun
    | rest| 0| 0 | 1 mile easy, 2 x 1 mile @ HM Race pace w / 90 sec, 1 m easy|

The dreaded "Bug" hit our household over the weekend and so far all of us bar my sturdy 6yr son have been affected!
    and to top it my sinuses(sp??:eek:) are playing up again....fuzzy headache and blocked nose with sore throat.....typical the week that it affects me!!!

anyway didn't get out for a run till today and decided i'd try and run it out of me...so headed out for 1m easy, 2 @ HP pace and 1m easy...have to say fabulous day for a run with the usual strong cross wind it the phoenix park to make my first 2 mile more difficult than it should have been. Warmed up after the first 2m and then really enjoyed the last 2 and would ahve happily continued but alas Common sense came knocking;)

Plan for rest of week is 2m easy tomorrow and 1 m easy Sat!!! Race Sunday

Thur March 1 - 4.35m in 40:16 @9:16/169

m1= 9:35/155
    m2= 8.56/178 with 90 sec @ 12.05/169
    m3=8.54/174
    m4= 9.19/169
    .22m= 9.08/179 opps not easy enough:o

Totals
    WTD=4.35miles
    MTD=4.35 miles
    YTD= 136.24 miles

Month Total
    January 51.87
    February 84.37

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Given any thought to the other matter?:)

was just going to do Pm...give me half an hr and i'll send it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Best of luck on Sunday, you might find that the enforced rest this week will have a positive impact on you.
    I'm doing a long run on Saturday so I'll pop the Child of Prague out tomorrow and I'll also leave it out for you on Sunday:D
    Looking forward to reading your race report

Thanks Martha, to be honest i love running in the rain,;) but feel if the weather is too bad i'll have no supporters on the sidelines!!!
    Your training is flying, fairplay to you!!

RayCun wrote: »
    Given any thought to the other matter?:)

PM send, pass it on to whoever needs it.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good luck on Sunday Anne - what's the aim?

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Good luck on Sunday Anne - what's the aim?

Thanks Shazkea, hoping to improve the 1.57, would be happy with 1.55 but will just have to wait and see....how about you? You are doing it aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Best of luck Anne you have been training well in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good luck sunday anne just in case i don't see you beforehand. No doubt a PB for you are running really well this weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thanks Shazkea, hoping to improve the 1.57, would be happy with 1.55 but will just have to wait and see....how about you? You are doing it aren't you?

Should be no prob to you, you're in good form at the moment.
    Yep I am running it but only as an LSR so I have no target time for it. I've a 10 miler in a couple of weeks time which I am more focusing on. I'm sure I'll see you at some stage before or after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Good luck on Sunday Anne! I'm already looking forward to your race report.

You've done so well at your training you deserve to get at least the 1:55 if not the 1:50-Go Girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Good luck tomorrow- I hope you get below your 1.55 target:)

Thanks for all the support and good luck wishes guys...heres hoping it goes better than planned;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Best of luck tomorrow Anne. 1.55 no problem to ya

Meath Spring Half - 13.20m in 1:54:22 @ 8.40/179

Delighted to see the sunshine this morning and the frost wasn't long about disappearing. I got to Bohermeen in great time, didn't have too worry about registration as i collected the number on Friday evening. We parked in the carpark about half a mile away and walked up to the clubhouse. I went for two gentle laps of the track and then after a while jogged up to the start with NeilC. I went back into the middle of the crowd as i didn't want to get caught at the front and get carried away at the start

My plan was to do the first 2 miles gently enough and then gradually speed up. I was comfortable throughout the first 6 and as the legs were starting to get a bit heavy i took my first gel, i waited for the kick to come it but it didn't but i didn't slow down either which usually happens me in mile 7 of longer races!! I felt mile 8 and 9 were very comfortable and at the stage i just wanted to get it over and done with!! took my next gel at 9.5, earlier that originally planned but jsut decided to do it then and hope i could hold on till the end.

Mile 10 i picked up a little bit of speed and was comfortable so kept going...at mile 11 i thought OH No i went too early as my legs got really heavy and the pace dropped. I had a bag of jellys my 3yr old had given me so i decide to eat them and then just gave myself a kick up the ass and said theres only 2 mile left, move it !!! so i did........i managed to keep the pace going and got to the finish line on the Garmin in 1:54:22. Delighted with myself.

Not very happy to check official results and see 1:55:01...obviously gun time and not chip time....
    went in for a cuo if soup and a look around, but started to get cold and the spare clothes were in the car , half a mile away Doh!!!!

Overall i thought it was a great event, water station were fine, except i think i might have missed one but i had adequate water for the course anyway. Fair play to Bohermeen for putting on such a good show.. .parking was fine for us and i was just happy i didn't have to be towed out!!!!! Oh and the kids loved having biscuits & buns after!!

Have to say i'm a happy bunny this evening and even the sort toe(nails):eek: won't get me annoyed (until tomorrow):D

I still think there was a bit more in the tank and some day i'll get really brave and just go for it from start to finish!!!

Splits were
    8.56/171, 8.56/173, 8.48/175, 8.40/177, 8.41/178, 8.40/180, 8.45/180, 8.47/178, 8.42/181, 8.22/182, 8.41/183, 8.36/186, 8.25/186, 7.05/191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

IT definitely sounds like you had more in the tank, another PB on the cards!
    I had not one ounce of energy left at the end. I was looking out for the orange top but there were so many people milling about.

Advertisement