Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Loading screens? What loading screens, the only loading screen I see is when I start it up, that lasts about 30 seconds and then not a single loading screen until the next time I start it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't get big loading screens. One at the start of the game, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

enjoying it so far.. no way would I give it 10/10.. there is a lot of games this generation that I would put well above this.. It feels a mix between half life 2 and uncharted 2.. I will play it till the end, but It has'nt drawn me in like other games have... this generation games like half life 2, assassins creed 2, demon souls, dark souls, gta 4 have all been better for me.. especially dark souls, I'd be in work and day dreaming about how to beat a certain part of the game and Id be dying to get home to fire it up... all in all the last of us is a bit meh, in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    enjoying it so far.. no way would I give it 10/10.. there is a lot of games this generation that I would put well above this.. It feels a mix between half life 2 and uncharted 2.. I will play it till the end, but It has'nt drawn me in like other games have... this generation games like half life 2, assassins creed 2, demon souls, dark souls, gta 4 have all been better for me.. especially dark souls, I'd be in work and day dreaming about how to beat a certain part of the game and Id be dying to get home to fire it up... all in all the last of us is a bit meh, in my opinion..

Half Life 2 was from last generation, it was even on the original Xbox.

C14N wrote: »
    Half Life 2 was from last generation, it was even on the original Xbox.

on consoles it came out on xbox 360 and ps3 on the orange box.. which just shows a game released on the original xbox back in 2004 is a lot better game than a so called classic released in 2013.. don't get me wrong the last of us is an alright game, just that it is not as ground breaking as reviewers would have us believe...

• Advertisement

on consoles it came out on xbox 360 and ps3 on the orange box..

Also came out on the original xbox.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Also came out on the original xbox.

yeah and it was a better game than the citizen kane of games released in 2013//

on consoles it came out on xbox 360 and ps3 on the orange box.. which just shows a game released on the original xbox back in 2004 is a lot better game than a so called classic released in 2013.. don't get me wrong the last of us is an alright game, just that it is not as ground breaking as reviewers would have us believe...

To each their own. Definitely one of the best games I've played this gen.

yeah and it was a better game than the citizen kane of games released in 2013//

In your opinion./ But that wasn't the question, the question was, it was last gen, not this gen.

In your opinion./ But that wasn't the question, the question was, it was last gen, not this gen.

last of us is only on ps3.. half life 2 only appeared on ps3 not ps2.. so in the playstation world that makes both games this generation...

• Advertisement

last of us is only on ps3.. half life 2 only appeared on ps3 not ps2.. so in the playstation world that makes both games this generation...

No it wouldn't. Half Life 2 is an old game, no matter what way you look at it is not a current gen game.
    Both are great games, some greater than others. Which one is which is opinion.

You weren't talking about playstation games though, all the ones you listed are multiplatform. Half life 2 is a 9 year old game. And overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

But Half Life 2 is a port. Came out on the PC in 2004 so it's not part of this generation. Anything considered this generation would have been released from the end of 2005 on wards. Half Life 2 is part of the PS2/Xbox generation and the PS2 was not powerful to run it or Valve did not want to program for the PS2 at the time as the Xbox was closer to a PC.

No it wouldn't. Half Life 2 is an old game, no matter what way you look at it is not a current gen game.
    Both are great games, some greater than others. Which one is which is opinion.

don't get your knickers in twist.. Its only a game.. the way you are postings, it like you had some input to the game, In my opinion last of us is a good not a great game.. I compared it to a game released 9 years ago, that had the same look as last of us and the 9 year old game was far better... in my opinion...

don't get your knickers in twist.. Its only a game.. the way you are postings, it like you had some input to the game, In my opinion last of us is a good not a great game.. I compared it to a game released 9 years ago, that had the same look as last of us and the 9 year old game was far better... in my opinion...

Except that you compared them as games of the same generation. Which they are not.

Back on topic, anyone for multiplayer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Great game, really enjoying it so far - apart from a few small annoyances its a real solid game.

What really annoys me is the AI of the enemy soldiers at times, they just walk into a corner and stand there staring at the wall, and even on hard its not that challenging, but these are only small things.

Worth the cash, should have it finished in a day or two and if the multiplayer doesn't grab me then ill trade it in.

Except that you compared them as games of the same generation. Which they are not.

Back on topic, anyone for multiplayer?

both were.. ahh **** it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You may aswell compare Last of Us to Resident Evil 3 then. Both third person survival games designed for the ground up as console titles around a decade apart. Half Life 2 was designed from the ground up as a PC fps that had looks and physics ahead of it's time in 2004. Apples and oranges.

both were.. ahh **** it..

No they are not. Half life 2 is 2004, last of us is 2013. 9 years difference.

No they are not. Half life 2 is 2004, last of us is 2013. 9 years difference.

yeah and the older game is better.. yet the 2013 game is referred to as the citizen kane of games..

• Advertisement

yeah and the older game is better.. yet the 2013 game is referred to as the citizen kane of games..

In your opinion. And again, wasn't the issue. They are not games of the same generation, 9 years of difference.

In your opinion. And again, wasn't the issue. They are not games of the same generation, 9 years of difference.

and your opinion.. **** off trolling you simpleton..

and your opinion.. **** off trolling you simpleton..

Half life 2 and the last of us are games of different generations. Fact.

Half life 2 and the last of us are games of different generations. Fact.

and because they are from different generations, does that not mean you can not compare them???

and because they are from different generations, does that not mean you can not compare them???

You said they were from the same generation. Thats how you compared. They cannot be judged as games from the same generation, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

A bunfight about HL2, boo!

You said they were from the same generation. Thats how you compared. They cannot be judged as games from the same generation, no.

both released on ps3.. the only sony console half life 2 was released on, so in my opinion both are this generation ps3 games..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

5J6Fhb.gif

both released on ps3.. the only sony console half life 2 was released on, so in my opinion both are this generation ps3 games..

But that's wrong. Since it was out on the Xbox, and PC two years before PS3.

• Advertisement

But that's wrong. Since it was out on the Xbox, and PC two years before PS3.

first time on a sony console was a ps3..

Advertisement