Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

timmywex wrote: »
    Anyone know why the command vehicle is parked on O'Connell street? Noticed it a lot there recently - every evening anyway pretty much as I pass on the bus....

I would be more interested to know if AGS have recovered it yet. The picture poster did say it was taken on O Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

kub wrote: »
    I would be more interested to know if AGS have recovered it yet. The picture poster did say it was taken on O Connell Street.

It seemed to be there for a few days, I saw it while there was some class of protest going on outside the GPO.

Sorry i was just been a smart arse :D

@D-Trent, why do you think this is a PR Stunt? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89755439&postcount=1631

Should Gardaí ignore potentially dangerous trucks and drivers exceeding safe driving times?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

foreign wrote: »
    @D-Trent, why do you think this is a PR Stunt? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89755439&postcount=1631

Should Gardaí ignore potentially dangerous trucks and drivers exceeding safe driving times?

as a person who does on average 1200km per week , we need more of these checkpoints , there are numerous amounts of 1999 registeres trucks on the road , no harm in safety checks i say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Slightly embarrassing for the members involved
    http://www.dailyedge.ie/garda-car-stuck-in-the-mud-1399708-Apr2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Seen a focus estate on the back of a tow truck today, suppose it's the same one ?

Seen a focus estate on the back of a tow truck today, suppose it's the same one ?

Where did you see it? That's Dolphin House where it's stuck.

Where did you see it? That's Dolphin House where it's stuck.

Harts corner heading towards town, doubt it's the same one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Why is it embarrassing?

• Advertisement

Why is it embarrassing?

Think of the slagging they got. If you did something like that would you be embarrassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

foreign wrote: »
    Think of the slagging they got. If you did something like that would you be embarrassed?

It's also a lack of 'situational awareness'

1) Dolphin House - not exactly D4
    2) Grassy patch, likely to be waterlogged after our wet spring
    3) Was there any need to drive onto the grass in the first place - in pursuit ?
    4) And once the driver established he hadn't enough traction, did he 'gun it' thereby sinking deeper, instead of a gentle rocking to and fro until he got momentum and an exit route ( I had a similar situation in a waterlogged field 'car park' at an event over the weekend - everybody just took it handy and kept going )

Back 'in the day' that car would have been torched in minutes in Dolphin House, thing must be getting quiet up there :p

Will anything be said to that member about getting into such a situation or are 'wrist slappings' a thing of the past :mad:

Not if I had reason to drive a vehicle up there.

If it was laziness that had him drive there, then he may have a case to answer, but what if he needed to move equipment, including the lighting from the car, or even get himself over there as quickly as possible.

I'd believe in giving the lad a break until I knew more about it. And some fishwife prising herself from her state funded bed to take a photo doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Whats the story with half the DFB fleet in beaumont? was there a big incident or just no trolleys?

5500 wrote: »
    Whats the story with half the DFB fleet in beaumont? was there a big incident or just no trolleys?

Option b.

Not if I had reason to drive a vehicle up there.

If it was laziness that had him drive there, then he may have a case to answer, but what if he needed to move equipment, including the lighting from the car, or even get himself over there as quickly as possible.

I'd believe in giving the lad a break until I knew more about it. And some fishwife prising herself from her state funded bed to take a photo doesn't help.

I'd say the there probably was a good reason to drive over there. They obviously had good traction to make it that far which may have gone once stopped. I'd still slab the driver though.

're the person who took the pic, that's a very judgemental comment. The pic looks to have been taken from a house on Dolphin Rd not a flat. Could be council or could be someone with a mortgage.

I'd say the there probably was a good reason to drive over there. They obviously had good traction to make it that far which may have gone once stopped. I'd still slab the driver though.

're the person who took the pic, that's a very judgemental comment. The pic looks to have been taken from a house on Dolphin Rd not a flat. Could be council or could be someone with a mortgage.

It may not be conclusive as to whether this person is unemployed, but it is definite that they are underemployed if they have the time to take photos of people going about their job.

It may not be conclusive as to whether this person is unemployed, but it is definite that they are underemployed if they have the time to take photos of people going about their job.

Perhaps it's just one of those people who have grudge about AGS.

Either way I have my doubts that the driver of that car was from the country. Country people know what happens when you come off road in a car.

The post on Daily Edge is from Saturday. Plenty of people don't work on Saturdays. There are also people who do shift work, people who can't work due to illness/disability/etc. The poster could have been somebody in school/college. Don't make assumptions about people because they come from a particular area. It just shows your ignorance.

By the way, I've taken a picture of a patrol car stuck in the mud before, am I underemployed?

kub wrote: »
    Either way I have my doubts that the driver of that car was from the country. Country people know what happens when you come off road in a car.

Because country people have never got stuck before. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Because country people have never got stuck before. :rolleyes:

Was in a van with a skipper before in a country station. Skipper made a bad choice and I wound up standing in front if the van trying to rock it out of the ruts he'd made.

Was grand, he paid my dinner to keep me quiet. Still told everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

hmm who's turn was it to check the oil in the fiesta lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

I work shift work. I have plenty of time on the mornings of my nights and even my days off which I believe is a statuary right to have.

Grow up

The post on Daily Edge is from Saturday. Plenty of people don't work on Saturdays. There are also people who do shift work, people who can't work due to illness/disability/etc. The poster could have been somebody in school/college. Don't make assumptions about people because they come from a particular area. It just shows your ignorance.

By the way, I've taken a picture of a patrol car stuck in the mud before, am I underemployed?

Did you go sending it round the websites?

If you did, I'd suggest you could find better things to do with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Re DFB Ambo crash
    At least it wasn't one of the Mercedes!

Did you go sending it round the websites?

If you did, I'd suggest you could find better things to do with yourself.

Ok. Any other ways me and the other posters on boards should be living our lives correctly?

D Trent wrote: »
    Re DFB Ambo crash
    At least it wasn't one of the Mercedes!

Even still Delta 104 was probably the most worked ambulance in the city, have seen it in many different parts of Dublin.

I assume one of the reserves will take its place until a new one is purchased ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Even still Delta 104 was probably the most worked ambulance in the city, have seen it in many different parts of Dublin.

I assume one of the reserves will take its place until a new one is purchased ?

One of the reserve's would have taken it's place within an hour or two of the crash!

New one purchased could be a while away! Some of the reserve's are battered the pieces but seeing them an increasing amount around the city :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Even the front blues on that unmarked seems very dim? Maybe just the pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

carzony wrote: »
    Even the front blues on that unmarked seems very dim? Maybe just the pic?

There not very bright I do like them now way better than the unmarked avenais

Advertisement