Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

carzony wrote: »
    That's a very old photo, in fact I think it was even posted on here a few months ago.

Photo was sent to me, by a lad working in TC he thinks it recent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

POGAN wrote: »
    Yes they are nice! Diesel I think is here to stay

I'd disagree, Diesel's are getting banned due to emissions, hybrids maybe but petrol engines cheapest to maintain - petrol returning ?? ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Maybe it's the clip, but that unmarked car wasnt very visible with it's lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Maybe it's the clip, but that unmarked car wasnt very visible with it's lights.

The marked unit had DRL's on (illegal height off the road BTW - 21" I'm told for anything over 5w power :eek: ) , unmarked had no DRL's but blues in front seemed ok - although I'd be using main beams for MAXIMUM effect.

Seen 11D Maroon Avensis Estate (Rathmines) and 11D Grey D-Max Twin cab also today.

Capri wrote: »
    The marked unit had DRL's on (illegal height off the road BTW - 21" I'm told for anything over 5w power :eek: ) , unmarked had no DRL's but blues in front seemed ok - although I'd be using main beams for MAXIMUM effect.

Seen 11D Maroon Avensis Estate (Rathmines) and 11D Grey D-Max Twin cab also today.

When you press 999 or 'Full' (on the old focus) on the pad in the car the full light arrangement comes on.

• Advertisement

The lighting on the unmarked Hyundai's is sh1t. Blues in grill and dash only, no wing blues. Your only other option is flashing headlamps which I think should be used due to poor standard of blues.

The DRL's are the factory fit ones.

The lighting on the unmarked Hyundai's is sh1t. Blues in grill and dash only, no wing blues. Your only other option is flashing headlamps which I think should be used due to poor standard of blues.

The DRL's are the factory fit ones.

It's typical though, extremely basic
    https://youtu.be/LZnkpCADQK4

No doubt the Hyundai's could do with sidelights like the older fleet. They are unmarked and not undercover so sidelights would make sense.

Seen a cracking little unmarked 07 fiesta today, Blue and looks as if it just rolled out of the showroom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have seen a 05 Primera up around the Dail a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

That cruiser made a right mess of your man's hedge.

• Advertisement

Bilko great find man, That Mondeo looks very subtle sitting there :)

The vectra is a great looking motor. I assume they were ex met cars?

Vectra is ex psni gifted to the gards, I haven't a clue where the mondeo came from, it can shift though...

Vectra is ex psni gifted to the gards, I haven't a clue where the mondeo came from, it can shift though...

There was a silver 'advanced' mondeo around clondalkin for a very long time, Must be the same one as in that pic.

Pocket rocket as they say :D:D

There was a silver 'advanced' mondeo around clondalkin for a very long time, Must be the same one as in that pic.

Pocket rocket as they say :D:D

I think it's a similar engine to an ST 220 but I'm not 100percent on fords, vectras I know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I think it's a similar engine to an ST 220 but I'm not 100percent on fords, vectras I know about.

The 3.0 Ghia X is a de-tuned version of the ST minus 20 bhp. Then you have the 2.5 which is only 170 but still adequate. I own a 2.5 myself and while a great drive (and sound) it's definitely suited to the motorway more so.

The Vectra is a 2.8 v6 turbo, miles ahead from the mondeo or most family saloons power wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

That's old photo maybe 2 years or more it was put up on checkpoint page and it was removed afterwards

The 3.0 Ghia X is a de-tuned version of the ST minus 20 bhp. Then you have the 2.5 which is only 170 but still adequate. I own a 2.5 myself and while a great drive (and sound) it's definitely suited to the motorway more so.

The Vectra is a 2.8 v6 turbo, miles ahead from the mondeo or most family saloons power wise.

I own 2005 opc, I can't imagine the tweeking they've had to do for it go around corners because opels are quick only in a straight line though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I own 2005 opc, I can't imagine the tweeting they've had to do

The Garda twiiter page is pretty funny in fairness ;)

Shannon757 wrote: »
    The Garda twiiter page is pretty funny in fairness ;)

I have had too do some tweeking of my own lol

Just seen the focus ST going full speed on the m50 the light arrangement is unbelievable

• Advertisement

Just seen the focus ST going full speed on the m50 the light arrangement is unbelievable

Saw it going onto the M50 the other night, I was also impressed with the lighting.

Saw it going onto the M50 the other night, I was also impressed with the lighting.

Extremely quick puts the i30 in its place lol....

Everyone keeps telling me about this amazing focus st that's been spotted everywhere from Blanch to Lucan :) Someone has to get a pic of it.....

I've spotted that training car around chapelizod many times, usually in the mornings..

Everyone keeps telling me about this amazing focus st that's been spotted everywhere from Blanch to Lucan :) Someone has to get a pic of it.....

I've spotted that training car around chapelizod many times, usually in the mornings..

I will upload the ST in photo thread in a minute, it's a power house of car...if it's any consolation we where fast and it tore past us and we barely seen it lol

I will upload the ST in photo thread in a minute, it's a power house of car...if it's any consolation we where fast and it tore past us and we barely seen it lol

Where is it based ? Gorgeous looking yoke.

Where is it based ? Gorgeous looking yoke.

I wouldn't be able to mention where it is based unfortunately, it's fierce quick

I wouldn't be able to mention where it is based unfortunately, it's fierce quick

I reckon they'd struggle to catch me in my 1.4 c4 though :p:p:o

I reckon they'd struggle to catch me in my 1.4 c4 though :p:p:o

Haha maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is the back plate of that Maestro yellow?

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Is the back plate of that Maestro yellow?

No its not yellow, it's a white, road traffic act states black numeric and lettering with the max limit of two letters on a white plate for Southern Irish registered cars from 86 upward I think.
    I know you didn't ask that but just saying just to clarify ha

Advertisement