Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

Perhaps Harry B is in the "A", perhaps he's not. However, the Avensis estate from a Laois/Offaly District H.Q. went up there (to the "A") last month with that kind of mileage up.

What came down in lieu was a saloon version of exact same age with only 13,000km done. The bloody engine wasn't even broken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

So it's on the back of a trailer then....

Hmmm, perhaps you have a point there; I wouldn't really know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

POGAN wrote: »
    Seriously crime in that district they should have two district cars hate to see the fuel bill.

I have heard stations in limerick that the district avenais is in the garage once a week. Heard same about one in cork surprise the car lastest to 280,000.

Have to say I do love the look of the estate version of the Toyota I would like one myself

Could the recent ending of Kearys Toyota Franchise have anything to do with the reliability of the Avensis I wonder?

That said, they are a terrible car compared to the Mondeo.

It didn't have much to do with the cars mate, there great car but not for pol work

Kearys mistake leaving the Toyota go will be the end of them I think

Perhaps Harry B is in the "A", perhaps he's not. However, the Avensis estate from a Laois/Offaly District H.Q. went up there (to the "A") last month with that kind of mileage up.

What came down in lieu was a saloon version of exact same age with only 13,000km done. The bloody engine wasn't even broken in.

Not even a oil change on that yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Saw an unmarked Volvo at the funeral of a member of the travelling community in Clondalkin today,very smooth looking machine altogether.The heli and a few other cars were in attendance too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Saw an unmarked Volvo at the funeral of a member of the travelling community in Clondalkin today,very smooth looking machine altogether.The heli and a few other cars were in attendance too.

Not a silver S60 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

source wrote: »

No,was a dark blue/navy S60.

source wrote: »

No,was a dark blue/navy S60.

There's a few of them so, when the eru were in limerick they had a silver s60. Brought a prisoner back one night in it, 2 mules (not large) and one prisoner (positively scrawny) and we were squashed into it.

As we know ford has the tender for next two years, but the x5 and 5 series in the depot current are they being kept by the AGS ? Like the estate focus, mondeo In 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im curious to know, is there any anti-theft measure in place on the Gardai Bicycles? They seem like they would be swept off fairly easily in a large public order situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Im curious to know, is there any anti-theft measure in place on the Gardai Bicycles? They seem like they would be swept off fairly easily in a large public order situation.

And they have been stolenstolen_garda_bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

What anti-theft measures are on any bicycle other than a bicycle lock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Thats what I was wondering. Im sure something could be easily invented without having to fumble with a lock.

Thats what I was wondering. Im sure something could be easily invented without having to fumble with a lock.

Handcuffs are what I've usually seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

You Sir are correct. It was out and about and finally i got a look at it, its one cracking looking car but the mileage!! What do HQ do? Get rid of it, replace the engine, keep moving it around? The juggling of Warrant, Compol and Regular cars will run out very, very quickly. Again Police specials or a leasing agent who replaces the cars due to mileage or age..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Could the recent ending of Kearys Toyota Franchise have anything to do with the reliability of the Avensis I wonder?

That said, they are a terrible car compared to the Mondeo.

Just on the Keary query, it was actually Toyota who decided to move their franchise elsewhere. Toyota did not like sharing a forecourt with Renault.

As we know ford has the tender for next two years, but the x5 and 5 series in the depot current are they being kept by the AGS ? Like the estate focus, mondeo In 2010

Doubt it. There was a picture posted on the other place of the the x5 up with the PSNI. BMW will probably take it back and send it on to another force to tempt!

foreign wrote: »

Doubt it. There was a picture posted on the other place of the the x5 up with the PSNI. BMW will probably take it back and send it on to another force to tempt!

Well lucky few that get to drive it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Aren't they trialled by the instructors from the driving school?

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Aren't they trialled by the instructors from the driving school?

One was brought to my local disrict to be trailed when they had new focus estate couple yes ago

• Advertisement

Airport Police showing how to make a car look sh1t by putting battenburg on it!

foreign wrote: »
    Airport Police showing how to make a car look sh1t by putting battenburg on it!

Traffic mondeo doesn't look to bad done in battenburg but do agree the aps car looks awful

Traffic mondeo doesn't look to bad done in battenburg but do agree the aps car looks awful

It's more the half arsed attempt at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

A new 12 D Skoda Octavia estate is now with Dublin and is a much nicer bus indeed compared to the Avensis.

Low profile blues,multiple LEDs and much nicer battenburg finish.

An Udaras wrote: »
    A new 12 D Skoda Octavia estate is now with Dublin and is a much nicer bus indeed compared to the Avensis.

Low profile blues,multiple LEDs and much nicer battenburg finish.

APS or AGS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

APS.. POG :D

Very similar to this example with polis in Kent

7384642808_486bd31142.jpg
    Kent Police Skoda Octavia dog unit by Fred_Bear, on Flickr

An Udaras wrote: »
    APS.. POG :D

Very similar to this example with polis in Kent

I wasn't sure never taut id see marked bmw car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Lads, legally what is the story with these, what I am wondering about is, can an Airport Police officer shoot down the M50 with his Blues and Twos on? Or would he be in big trouble?

kub wrote: »
    Lads, legally what is the story with these, what I am wondering about is, can an Airport Police officer shoot down the M50 with his Blues and Twos on? Or would he be in big trouble?

Another Blue lights on non es vehicle thread :)

I would think big trouble myself unless serious airport incident, don't think aps have driving course either could be wrong tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Advertisement