Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the Pope visited..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If the pope came I'd dress as Satan and follow him around to applaud and support the evilness of the Catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

John Doe1 wrote: »
    If the pope visited, id ask a few of my uncles friends from the orange lodge to come down and start booing and throwing projectiles at him:D
    It would be just like "love Ulster"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Well we won't have Bishop Casey working the crowd this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

On the last papel visit I went to the Galway event. I met up with a fine upstanding young catholic girl and inevitably we rutted the day/night away in my tent. Next day, the actual day of the (cue angelic chorus) Youth Mass, I drank too and slept through the whole event much in a haystack a few fields over from the site.

As far as I could tell there were 6 people in the front row who were actually religious. The rest of us were there for poops and giggles.

I'd go again if I could re-create that experience, twas awesome.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It'd be great to have a flash mob of storm troopers show up for the popes visit and all kneel to him as he passes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

if it visits it should be arrested for covering up decades of child abuse, tried and then deported

At a guess, he has diplomatic immunity. :rolleyes: :(

smash wrote: »
    It'd be great to have a flash mob of storm troopers show up for the popes visit and all kneel to him as he passes.
    It could be the worlds largest "come as someone evil" fancy dress party.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Whilst I would welcome the Pope's pastoral visit and the tourism boost it would bring, as shown in the World Youth Day, the Government has declined to invite his Holiness -. Still, to paraphrase Kipling based on this thread - Ireland's second religion is hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mr. Ratzinger can come and go as he pleases. That said, I think that the Church should pay for the expenses and not the State. He is the head of a rligion here to preach, not a head of state here to discuss politics or econmics.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

ScumLord wrote: »

Epic Idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

The government would spend a sh1t load of money,call what ever day he got here a holy day, give his brother a bunch of deaf choir boys and tell everyone to get out and goose step for herr pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

OldGoat wrote: »
    On the last papel visit I went to the Galway event. I met up with a fine upstanding young catholic girl and inevitably we rutted the day/night away in my tent. Next day, the actual day of the (cue angelic chorus) Youth Mass, I drank too and slept through the whole event much in a haystack a few fields over from the site.

As far as I could tell there were 6 people in the front row who were actually religious. The rest of us were there for poops and giggles.

Sounds like the Irish equivalent of Woodstock.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Manach wrote: »
    Whilst I would welcome the Pope's pastoral visit and the tourism boost it would bring, as shown in the World Youth Day, the Government has declined to invite his Holiness -. Still, to paraphrase Kipling based on this thread - Ireland's second religion is hate.

Yep, Ireland and its crazy hatred of child rapists and their protectors.

Mad, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Wattle wrote: »
    Well we won't have Bishop Casey working the crowd this time.
    Ditto Micheal Cleary. His son
    might go.

Manach wrote: »
    and the tourism boost it would bring

Do you think people would come to Ireland to see the pope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

smash wrote: »
    Do you think people would come to Ireland to see the pope?
    In the front row there would be 2 priests, Gerald Fits Simon and Simon Fits Gerald.

Every else would be there to give him a hitler salute ( at least he'd know how to give one back ) as a thanks for all the abuse and cover ups by his organisation in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I'd go to see him, yeah. It'd be very interesting to hear what he has to say on Irish soil.

He's been to Ireland before as a cardinal....at least once I think.

Having read a small bit of his writings over the years - I like the man.

As for paying for it - if he's invited by the government (unlikely I'd say) then the government would pay the bulk of the costs. If (as has been mentioned in the media) he comes simply as a religious leader than he'd cover his own costs I suppose...or rather, the local church should.

Expect he'd get a decent crowd. People are very curious and generally like an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

If he did come, which he probably wouldn't, I'd expect him to completely ignore the abuse scandal which would be a huge slap in the face to the Irish people and the victims in particular.

If he did address, which he wouldn't, he certainly wouldn't apologise which would break (or set) the world record for the number of people simultaneously booing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

OldGoat wrote: »

:eek: I was there too. Please tell me you're not from Cavan?

My day pretty much mirrored yours :pac:

Great fun was had by all :cool:

chucken1 wrote: »
    :eek: I was there too. Please tell me you're not from Cavan?

My day pretty much mirrored yours :pac:

I just had a vision of a goat fúcking a chicken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I don't think he'll visit here. I reckon he's chicken. He knows there'll be protests.
    Baaaak, bok bok bok.
    That was also the noise coming from a tent in galway 30 odd years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The reception he'd get would be totally different from what the Polish Protector of Paedophiles Everywhere got.:D

In those days, almost no one - except the victims, the hierarchy and a few members of the Garda and civil servants, all of whom knew better than to violate the code of omerta - had any idea what the kiddy-fiddler church was really all about. No one in the media would have dared to mention the industrial schools or even look into allegations of clerical sex abuse if anyone had made them. And anyone who made them would have been shouted down by both the church and its running dogs and the media. In fact, there was a pretty seamless bond between the two, with hypocritical and vicious gut-gouging scumbags like that Father Cleary fellow playing a prominent role in both.:):)

Anyone who protested too loudly or visibly against the JPII would have had his skull cracked by a baton wielded by a big thick altar-eating Garda.:rolleyes:

In those days, the kiddy-fiddler church had the heads of pretty well everyone in Catholic Ireland well and truly fcuked. :eek:

Only later did it emerge that they were fcuking our children as well.:mad:

Now Ratzi would get a completely different reception, and I doubt whether he really wants to face the humiliation that would await him.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'd go. This pope doesn't do as much for me as John Paul did though, I genuinely loved him.

I'd go. This pope doesn't do as much for me as John Paul did though, I genuinely loved him.
    Well it's harder now that all the child abuse stuff is out in the open. I hear he's got awful blue balls at this stage.

Um... what exactly did John Paul do for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Would just hope he would not come up here. Otherwise I would protest. But if it is just the Republic, that is fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ScumLord wrote: »

J.Ratz himself would win this hands down though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Padraig Pearse would be spinning in his grave if he could read this thread. Disgusting.

The RCC deserves nothing but devotion and absolute obedience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Would just hope he would not come up here. Otherwise I would protest. But if it is just the Republic, that is fine by me.

Do you not like the Pope Keith? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Leftist wrote: »
    Padraig Pearse would be spinning in his grave if he could read this thread. Disgusting.

The RCC demands nothing but devotion and absolute obedience.............. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

FYP

Advertisement