Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallafornia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Cormac seems like a really decent fella, who just likes to keep himself to himself. That Marc fella is pretty much is pretty much a textbook example of the type of person I tend to hate and avoid at all costs, an attention seeking, dose of shíte, exhibitionist, bully. How anyone finds him funny or entertaining I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Well fair play to ya. You must be so proud of young Marc, well reared ; )

Ah he's a well rich bloke now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Hahahahahaha that's so funny tongue.png

No the truth is I'm his mam tongue.png

well if thats true, if he hasnt come out to you yet he will in a couple of years. i'v seen it before, he's in denial about his sexuality and the constant bullying of cormac is the frustration that he fancies the bloke but will never be able to have him because cormac is straight.

sure cormac said on fridays episode how creepy the fool gets, coming into his room bollock naked. probably use to do the same thing in the army. the next time he comes near cormac he should just kick him in that lad he always has on show. a complete and utter Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

She Devil wrote: »
    What's the story with Jay? Has he got a girlfriend?

No he's single. But Jay's a classy bloke hes not a desperado like phily throwing himself at every girl who crosses his path.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Only Jay comes across as normal in this sad show. Nikitta is beyond help. Something wrong there. I balme TV3 for that, oh, and her parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Yeah I like Jay, he has more sense than the whole lot of them put together, and he is very funny to. I bet there will be no shortage of the ladies for him, away from the cameras, at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Disgraceful drivel.........Id say the big blondie one has a bigger cock than all the lads...................................... the world is ****ed with individuals like that little creature who paints his nails and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Disgraceful drivel.........Id say the big blondie one has a bigger cock than all the lads...................................... the world is ****ed with individuals like that little creature who paints his nails and stuff

Sounding pretty inbred yourself :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

looooooooool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Last season was good, but I'm thinking that might be more to do with the Swipe episodes.

Frankly, after the last episode, I see very few decent qualities in any of them. In fact, while I didn't enjoy Kellys vanity before, at least she appear to acknowledge childish bullying and made some sort of minor token effort to stop it.

But how anyone could sit there and let that kind of childish bullying beratement happen in front of them as an adult is despicable. Fair play to Cormac for not reacting. It showed what an utter disgusting coward Mark is. What a pathetic excuse for a human being. Marks behavior is something you'd expect from pre-teens and emotionally troubled teens, not grown adults. Disgusting, despicable behavior.

They all brought shame on themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Wow! I just watch it as a release from stresses of modern life! I provides me with entertainment.

Yes the characters make me laugh. Is it wrong to laugh? Should they be berated?> Well, we'll all decide for ourselves, but personally I watch this program as light entertainment, and by that i mean

a) I do not watch this program as a means of informing my own morals and opinions

and

b) I am consequently unannoyed by things that would possibly bother me in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Marc is abolutely vile - and he's made me love Cormac more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

This season is a proving to be a bit tricky in that it gets more & more difficult to justify watching it to my O/H. :o:o:o

Is Cormac sound or is it a case of "the lights are on but no-one's home"?? I mean he must have the self-control of a Tibetan Monk not to have busted Marc in the gob and roundhoused those 2 giggling ninnys into the pool.....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

washiskin wrote: »
    This season is a proving to be a bit tricky in that it gets more & more difficult to justify watching it to my O/H. :o:o:o

Is Cormac sound or is it a case of "the lights are on but no-one's home"?? I mean he must have the self-control of a Tibetan Monk not to have busted Marc in the gob and roundhoused those 2 giggling ninnys into the pool.....
    Spot on about Cormac, I still have no respect for him. He sat there and took it because he just didn't know what to say. He's as dim as a doorknob and everything he says is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cormac seems a little slow on the uptake alright. Very empty look off him most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

Dresses like a drag queen most of the time .Somebody needs to tell her less is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

The Cormac-Marc situation is something that will almost certainly happen to most people at least once in a lifetime, ie crossing paths with someone for whatever reason just doesn't like the look of you or how you act/speak and will try to cause trouble.

The philosophy that I myself have taken for a number of years has been the following:

Should the person who is picking on you be some stranger, a drunk guy in a bar or whatever, just ignore them, you have no idea who they are or why they are acting in such a way so it's likely not going to be a personal thing.

However, in a social group like the Tallafornia set-up, I think sooner or later you have to stand up for yourself. I have a lot of respect for Cormac in the way that he just pretty much ignores Marc's insults, but before long he is going to start losing respect from the other members of the house, as this behaviour pattern is something that will keep repeating over and over and will not be a once-off. The problem is that should Marc keep getting ignored, the more irate he will become and the lower he will stoop in order to wind Cormac up subsequently. On the other hand, should Cormac rise to the bait, Marc will then know he can push his buttons and will in all likelihood continue to do so. Either way, the piss-taking is unlikely to cease.

Now if I were Cormac, I would try to find some weakness and insecurity that Marc has and ruthlessly bring it up in front of the group. Nothing will stop a big-mouth in his tracks quicker than something he doesn't want being discussed in public being played out in just this very manner. The 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' effect. Simple human psychology decrees that individuals are much more reluctant to pick on someone who will say or do something that in turn potentially puts the instigator in a bad light, whether through words or actions. Now I would only really advocate violence in extreme situations (even though Cormac is certainly big enough to look after himself if necessary), because no one comes out of that looking good.

Of course picking on someone's weakness is not a 'good' thing per se either, but unfortunately in many social situations there is a tendency towards 'Lord of the Flies'/King of the jungle/Social Darwinism behaviour. That having been said, generally the people who come across the best are those that are not so uptight or insecure that they cannot take a joke about themselves, but at the same time if someone starts to go too far, they quickly nip it in the bud through a few carefully-worded phrases. I think from what we see in the show anyway, Jay does this to perfection.

Still, it will be interesting to see if my theory is proved to be correct, or if Cormac's admirable self-restraint will end up winning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the finale tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the finale tonight?

Nope, next week. Along with an hour long after party show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Can't wait to see the "big" scandal between Marc and Natalie tonight, if you're ever stalked her twitter she used to have a load of those e-card pictures saying humorous things mostly about how worthless ex boyfriends and stuff are, it's definitely something to do with him. He prob "cheated" on her or some melodramatic thing like that, but come on like with a guy like that its not rocket science to work out the probability of that happening. He was naked when they first met for fecks sake

Oh god, I can't believe I just admitted to stalking their twitters for laughs. How sad am I :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I read from Cormac's twitter that it was her that cheated on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Again I'm not surprised

What was her reasoning for their bizarre behaviour in the club last week?

"An Irish accent, an English accent I mean who are you gonna spend the night with" or something to that effect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Maybe someone mentioned this before, but the telly was on this lunchtime at home & a re-run of "Glas Vagas" from 2008 was on TG4 and I'd swear that Marc was on it in the guise of a stripper named Rocky - slightly smaller build, no tan and hair bleached to an inch of it's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Think Marc is mad Cormac didnt get a tshirt which his picture on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The irony of Marc calling ANYONE a cock, lol, when he was flashing his own at every single opportunity!

Get up out of your own àrse son!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

I read from Cormac's twitter that it was her that cheated on him.

He must be devastated - not.
    Natalie is horrid, her personality disgusts me, she is a simpleton.

Nikita is even more of a simpleton and another horrible yoke. There is something wrong with her, she should be in a mental institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Nikita is even more of a simpleton and another horrible yoke. There is something wrong with her, she should be in a mental institution.

...definitely something up with her, the little tics and jittery head movements when she talks. So childish, I'd say the IQ is in single figures. Absolute empty head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Montage - slow motion - parachute another newbie in for a tiny chance of something happening - non existant drama - more montages and slow mo's.

Tune in next week for the big finale!! Someone farts!! And three lads are in a pool!!!

Bloody atrocious tv. Shamed I had it on even while getting paid to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

He must be devastated - not.
    Natalie is horrid, her personality disgusts me, she is a simpleton.

Horrid individual. Looks years older than her age.

I hate the way they both speak. And its not even the thick Dublin accents, but the way they try and form a sentence. The two of them talk and act, like a pair of ten year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Watched it for the first time last week, most of it was some fool going around with his dick on display for all to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement