Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallafornia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've been a Nikita and I've been with a Phil, not to the same extent but I've been that stupid. It's that you like some-one so much you let them treat you like absolute **** just to be with them.

Guys like Phil prey on vulnerable girls like Nikita.

I think this show is an eye opener to what men actually discuss when women aren't around, i.e. their every thought is on scoring women, and they really don't see most women as actual people - just things to be scored?

To be fair from what I've seen scoring (or creeping as ive learned!!) seems to be pretty high on the girls agenda too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The new Swipe....hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

I've been a Nikita and I've been with a Phil, not to the same extent but I've been that stupid. It's that you like some-one so much you let them treat you like absolute **** just to be with them.

Guys like Phil prey on vulnerable girls like Nikita.

I think this show is an eye opener to what men actually discuss when women aren't around, i.e. their every thought is on scoring women, and they really don't see most women as actual people - just things to be scored?

no, girls like nikeeta prey on desperate blokes like phil, how else are they gonna get their childrens allowance?

I think this is a big eye opener to what women are actually about, boozin, creeepin, whooorin, roidin and gettin bejazzeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Nikita - what an absolute skank!! She's the lowest of the low and gives women a bad name. No matter how bad Philly is, she keeps coming back for more.

Some of the comments in here sympathising with her are comical. And the comment about having cum on her shoulder and giggling. She's a disgrace to mankind. The Swipelads are bang on - she's gone as low as someone could possibly go.

The show wouldn't be worth watching if it wasn't for Cormac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bobon wrote: »
    Nikita - what an absolute skank!! She's the lowest of the low and gives women a bad name. No matter how bad Philly is, she keeps coming back for more.

Some of the comments in here sympathising with her are comical. And the comment about having cum on her shoulder and giggling. She's a disgrace to mankind. The Swipelads are bang on - she's gone as low as someone could possibly go.

The show wouldn't be worth watching if it wasn't for Cormac.

Up until this week I'd have been with them but my god she has the maturity of a 12 year old based on what was shown this week. You can't edit a nice view of those events for the telly at all. Pictures just don't lie :D

I'll say it again Ireland is a small place ..... dublin smaller, tallaght = tiny. Not surprised she's being slagged in the street now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

calex71 wrote: »
    I'll say it again Ireland is a small place ..... dublin smaller, tallaght = tiny. Not surprised she's being slagged in the street now :(

Lucky it's Clondalkin she'd be walking around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

episode 8, I found it hard to laugh at most of it, pretty damn ugly stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have watched several snippets of this show. I must say, Nikitta really is a despicable and pitiful creature, and I feel genuinely sorry for her. It's obscene what she gets up to and how she behaves. This I imagine is being orchestrated to a degree by the show. I think both her parents and the show have questions to answer. Is she even the full shilling? It really seems to me that she as an unstable person is being exploited. It's desperate, and far from entertaining. Very uncomfortable to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Tallafornia has now been discussed in the Seanad, via David Norris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

What was said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

EdenHazard wrote: »
    What was said?

David Norris was soap-boxing in a big way... Described the show as "both compulsive & repulsive viewing"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Do you want us to start making mass generalisations about women based on what happens in this show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

walshb wrote: »
    I have watched several snippets of this show. I must say, Nikitta really is a despicable and pitiful creature, and I feel genuinely sorry for her. It's obscene what she gets up to and how she behaves. This I imagine is being orchestrated to a degree by the show. I think both her parents and the show have questions to answer. Is she even the full shilling? It really seems to me that she as an unstable person is being exploited. It's desperate, and far from entertaining. Very uncomfortable to watch.

The worrying thing is she is neither alone nor is she the worst of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

calex71 wrote: »
    The worrying thing is she is neither alone nor is she the worst of them :(

She's by far the worst in terms of "being out of it," and I don't mean out of it on drugs or alcohol. The others are more an embarrassment. Nikitta seems not to be firing on all cylinders. This is worrying, and to me, exploitation. She makes Subo and Stacy Solomon look like rocks of sense. Even allowing for scripting and "acting," it's pretty disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

But she seems real nice on twitter :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Cormac is not stupid he's full of **** lol!

http://youtu.be/8rh6qqsmxNs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Benny Cake wrote: »

David Norris was soap-boxing in a big way... Described the show as "both compulsive & repulsive viewing"

Just like some of his own TV appearances in that case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

bfocusd wrote: »
    Jay just seems like a normal down to earth lad.

Phil is trying to be the player, but really he's a dog.

nikita, she's trying to hard to be the bad girl but I don't think it's her at all, the scene where she is talking to the camera, you can see by her face she's not proud if herself and is insecure, even when she is arguing with someone she's fake, the way she spoke to that blonde girl was just pathetic.
    She talks about wanting to kill Phil in the preview, yet she's a grown woman who made the choice to sleep with him, fair enough she was played and I am in no way defending Phil, but she should have more sense,

She's 19, has no sense of herself and needs help, the stuff she does is to gain attention and be noticed, even if she hurts herself in the long run. I pity her.

I know Jay and hes a sound bloke, too good for something like this, he's basically surrounded by eejits and narcissists.

bfocusd wrote: »
    Jay just seems like a normal down to earth lad.

Phil is trying to be the player, but really he's a dog.

nikita, she's trying to hard to be the bad girl but I don't think it's her at all, the scene where she is talking to the camera, you can see by her face she's not proud if herself and is insecure, even when she is arguing with someone she's fake, the way she spoke to that blonde girl was just pathetic.
    She talks about wanting to kill Phil in the preview, yet she's a grown woman who made the choice to sleep with him, fair enough she was played and I am in no way defending Phil, but she should have more sense,

She's 19, has no sense of herself and needs help, the stuff she does is to gain attention and be noticed, even if she hurts herself in the long run. I pity her.

Cormac is that you? hahah

tunguska wrote: »
    I know Jay and hes a sound bloke, too good for something like this, he's basically surrounded by eejits and narcissists.

Most of them are grand tho, Phillys no worse than Gaz in GS just he lacks Gaz's charm.
    Jay does seem like a real nice lad tho, one of my faves, like the way he's like the voice of reason, that look he gave to nikita when she said 'im a hormonal bitch......' was priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

is it just me or does it look like Natalie is about 6 foot 2?
    Kelly looks about 5foot 7 I assume nikita is 5 foot 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Watched 'swipe' its classic lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

ronan45 wrote: »
    is it just me or does it look like Natalie is about 6 foot 2?
    Kelly looks about 5foot 7 I assume nikita is 5 foot 2

I would say she is in around the 6ft mark all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Dave showing his scumbag side now. Philly, delighted to jump on the band wagon. Cormac and Jay only two decent fellas.

shinny wrote: »
    Dave showing his scumbag side now.........

Total goon, bigger pr1ck than Philly, Dave has no spine or courage, a total wimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

RoverJames wrote: »
    Total goon, bigger pr1ck than Philly, Dave has no spine or courage, a total wimp.

And sure she's worse "He's only like that because he really likes me" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Dave and kelly were at a grand opening my mate was playing at during the week.. Not a bother on them!

:(

The Swipe should be so funny, especially with that somber closing montage haha.

When is the Swipe thing on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

RoverJames wrote: »
    When is the Swipe thing on?

give them a day or 2 to put it together

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement