Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend on christmas presents each year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Me , personal ...nothing ,,,, My wife on the other hand.....................:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tbh i try buy stuff that I think they will appreciate rather then going expensive as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I don't know if I'm even gonna buy any presents this year.

I don't do all the big hype about christmas and Valentines Day.
    Christmas is just like any other day to me.

/Grinch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

NOTHING!!

I do not celebrate Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

myself and my sister agreed to spend 20 quid on each other this year, will prob spend 150 in total, its all stuff thats asked for, my family are easy that way. I want this box set, grand, merry christmas. my xmas shopping takes about 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

60-80 on the parents each. Do kris kindle with OH's siblings & their partners & limit is 30. 30-40 on each of my 6 nieces & nephews, 30 on each of my sisters & their partners. So about 500-550 euros in total. This is aside from all the other Christmas sh1t we have to buy like extra food, tree, decorations etc. This is the first year in 5-6yrs we haven't had to get a loan, I've been setting it aside for months!

If we still have a bit of money left over we might get each other something but very often make do with a 20 euro "token" present to open Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Let me see. Only have 4 to buy for and made a christmas cake and a pudding for another 2. And a couple of small gifts. Still reckon I'm at 350/400 though.

Horrific money really. But I started in July so the bigger gifts were paid for months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

€0.00. I buy nobody presents and they are encouraged not to get me anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

alwaysadub wrote: »
    We do Kris Kindle so I used to only have to buy two presents in total, worked out about 100euro. Now i have a boyfriend and his family to buy for too. So I'd say I'm gonna spend 300-400.

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

About €400 this year, I think. Have a lot of people to buy for, so some people get smaller presents than others. But I'll never buy a present for someone unless I think they'll really like it. Cheap or expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

More than a thou, but less than a thousand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Probably something like 150e, which tbh is more than enough for a student with no job. Got presents for my parents, sibling, boyfriend and two aunts- job done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Around 1500 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Just over 2k. What recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Niece and nephews are easy to buy for, family are nightmares cos, like me, we don't really care about presents but we buy each other stuff anyway.

I buy something I know they'll like, sometimes I might ask brothers and sisters is there anything they want cos no point in buying something that a) they won't like or b) they already have.

How much each present costs doesn't come into it tbh, I'm not a tightarse (may have something to do with my late night self fingering tho :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

There will be 18 of us for xmas day this year.
    Kris Kindle here too, one decent gift with a max of 100 per person, names out of a hat.

But theres 3 kids who will get a small gift from everyone I think.

I estimate we spent 3-400 on my daughter, but a chunk of that was getting a 3ds, yeah I know, i'm spoiling her. But shes a good kid.

Whoah, I'm really surprised by how much people are spending on Christmas presents :S Recession anyone...?

Siuin wrote: »
    Whoah, I'm really surprised by how much people are spending on Christmas presents :S Recession anyone...?

I saw you posted, I was expecting a story about one of your ex boyfriends who got you a sh1te present and how you got the better of him by letting everyone know how bad he was in bed or similar. You must have a good story about this

eth0 wrote: »
    I saw you posted, I was expecting a story about one of your ex boyfriends who got you a sh1te present and how you got the better of him by letting everyone know how bad he was in bed or similar. You must have a good story about this
    Uh, no?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Just for my wife. She does all the presents .......... I find I get a migraine just thinking about it. But she goes a bit gaga as she loves the whole hype :o. I don't ask but would safely say about a grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

A few ton but then again I do budget for it!

I do appreciate why some people dont spend anything this time of year, im quite frugal but like I said I budget for it and love spending money on those I love

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

All my family are getting ****e from the poundshop this year.

ICANN wrote: »
    All my family are getting ****e from the poundshop this year.

Are they tired of getting domain names from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

About a grand.

A big thanks to Visa for facilitating the spending or there would ne mo presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Probably about €300.

Most of that goes on gifts for friends as there's a spending limit on gifts for my parents, and the brothers and sisters don't really buy each other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Seriously?

Well, go in with him on presents. Will probably get his mam something small from myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I Biult myself a gaming pc as an early Xmas present wort 1.2k eu. Will get something for misses too. **** the rest. Hate damn Xmas shoping and a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A small fortune! I tend to go a little crazy, if I see something I know a friend or whoever will like I will buy it for them. Love giving presents!

Haven't checked my bank in a while and laser card is pretty toasty :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

hondasam wrote: »
    He did not deserve you anyway, he is a fool.:)
    Thank god you had not bought his present.

Could still give him a present of a dropkick to the nutsack :pac:

Think I spent about €350 this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm ordering one over-priced present on Amazon here, but trying to think of what else I can order to give to other people. And then its about €50 spent on my sister alone, too much!

I'm too generous, I need to be stopped!

Advertisement