Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend on christmas presents each year?

Options
  • 11-12-2011 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Do you go all out trying to please the people you know in the month of December or are you a cost effective type of person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bout tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

20 past 1. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

€69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

About €300 max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Dean09 wrote: »
    Bout tree fiddy

Damn beaten to it !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

too fcuking much...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Its the thought that counts but then again I am a cheap bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Mounts the leg of this thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I spend about 1 billion Zimbabwean Dollars on presents.

In other words, about €3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Do you go all out trying to please the people you know in the month of December or are you a cost effective type of person?

I'll always try to buy something I think they'll like. Some are very hard to buy for, then only then will I buy a voucher so they can decide themselves.

In terms of how much, depends on how they're related to me. I spend more on anyone close to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Abi wrote: »
    I'll always try to buy something I think they'll like. Some are very hard to buy for, then only then will I buy a voucher so they can decide themselves.

In terms of how much, depends on how they're related to me. I spend more on anyone close to me.

I tend to buy them things that they would by for themselves if it was not the most expensive time of the year and they not so busy looking after everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'm a fucking nightmare to myself. Way too much.

(Worth every cent though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I spoil my parents because I love them, My siblings get jacksh1t, I love them too but they never get me anything nice.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

woodoo wrote: »
    About €300 max

Each????? :eek:

I'm messing. Theres a lot to be said on the 10e christmas thread.
    Ive got all 5 adults and 1 12 yr old, in my case,pressies they want for about 200.
    Done online since October

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Ok well all responses so far are taking the piss... so I'll be the first to answer truthfully.

About 15 euro for each family member, shur the best part is the dinner and bottles of beer/wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Six presents this year (mother, father, sister, girlfriend and two others) cost me 220E so 35-40E each on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Way too much :( Buy for 3 nephews, 3 siblings, 2 siblings-in-law, 2 friends, mother, stepdad and stepbrother. Will be spending about €550/600. Luckily I just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago or that'd be another few hundred!

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Ok well all responses so far are taking the piss... so I'll be the first to answer truthfully.

About 15 euro for each family member, shur the best part is the dinner and bottles of beer/wine.

Im not taking the piss :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

who is taking the piss, I spend €15 on kris kindle for work.

Way too much :( Buy for 3 nephews, 3 siblings, 2 siblings-in-law, 2 friends, mother, stepdad and stepbrother. Will be spending about €550/600. Luckily I just broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago or that'd be another few hundred!

You should have waited until after Christmas and got a decent present of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We do Kris Kindle so I used to only have to buy two presents in total, worked out about 100euro. Now i have a boyfriend and his family to buy for too. So I'd say I'm gonna spend 300-400.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hondasam wrote: »

You should have waited until after Christmas and got a decent present of him.

Actually he broke up with me :o *sniff*

But feck it, I couldn't have afforded his present!

Actually he broke up with me :o *sniff*

But feck it, I couldn't have afforded his present!

He did not deserve you anyway, he is a fool.:)
    Thank god you had not bought his present.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    We do Kris Kindle so I used to only have to buy two presents in total, worked out about 100euro. Now i have a boyfriend and his family to buy for too. So I'd say I'm gonna spend 300-400.

motherofjesus. Where did this Kris Kringle come from In Ireland???

Get a grip of yer selves folks.

chucken1 wrote: »

What are you on about? it's here for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

chucken1 wrote: »

There is 18 people in total in my family. So we decided instead of getting a sh1t load of cheap presents, we'd get one decent present instead . Works out great for us. So I do "have a grip".

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

hondasam wrote: »
    who is taking the piss, I spend €15 on kris kindle for work.

What is Kris Kindle? Sorry I'm not an old person. This sounds like Daniel O Donnell sort of stuff.

What is Kris Kindle? Sorry I'm not an old person. This sounds like Daniel O Donnell sort of stuff.

You must be old if you know who Daniel O Donnell is, i had to google him.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kris%20kindle&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSecret_Santa&ei=iCfkTsKYOtGWhQf4l_GQCA&usg=AFQjCNEe70342VkgvxpQje9IWnLqAV62yg

alwaysadub wrote: »
    There is 18 people in total in my family. So we decided instead of getting a sh1t load of cheap presents, we'd get one decent present instead . Works out great for us. So I do "have a grip".

I agree with your thinking...but Kris Kringle?
    Totally new to me in Ireland :)

I celebrated (ish) with my Romanian friends last week,the saint nicolaus day :)

Great food and fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Got one present bought so far €400, will prob need to get another 5 presents, and I reckon they will be €160 in total.

Advertisement