Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I wonder if it is the same bunch of GOWLS that I mentioned in my previous message. All about 14-16 years of age. Apparently they call themselves... wait for it.... THE RONALDO GANG. LOLZ.

Hopefully somebody will be late on the brakes and teach them a valuable life lesson. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Well they picked a good spot beside the hospital for stepping out in front of cars. The ironary I'm sure has escaped them. Worse thing is if a car hits them they will get compo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not if you hit them all at once. Just kidding...sort of.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The incident I heard about involved quite a few of them blocking the road. So it's not just one person stepping out just as the car approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

I wonder if one of them hopped into the back of the car; could you lock the doors and drive off up the M50 and into the middle of nowhere; and then tell him to get out. (and then drive off)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Boards.ie does not condone violence or taking the law into your own hands, so less of these suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yes..let the Gardai beat them up. No need to get involved ourselves.

Joking of course. I wonder if anyone has actually even reported any of this to the Gardai?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I heard today that my neighbour had the spare wheel robbed from under his parked car in the Blanchardstown centre. Opel zafiras have the spare slung underneath so reasonably easy to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Have you asked the security staff to check the cctv as most of the car park is covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

Friend of a friend's house burgled in castleknock, park drive estate last night. He said they took the front window out at round 2am. He said that 3 days ago on his own house the alarm was set of at the back door @2am ish and only way you can get into his back garden is by hopping the neighbours walls.

• Advertisement

420 wrote: »
    Friend of a friend's house burgled in castleknock, park drive estate last night. He said they took the front window out at round 2am. He said that 3 days ago on his own house the alarm was set of at the back door @2am ish and only way you can get into his back garden is by hopping the neighbours walls.

Single glazed or double?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Single glazed or double?

It depends on if the windows are internally glazed or externally glazed, if there externally glazed the glass can be taken out from the outside.

Is there any way of making double glazed units more secure,so they can not be taken out from the outside (most older ones). eg superglue/screw in beading on outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

horse7 wrote: »
    Is there any way of making double glazed units more secure,so they can not be taken out from the outside (most older ones). eg superglue/screw in beading on outside?
    Yes, see here
    I bought them for my patio door and they are easy to install

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

2 houses in the Whitestown area were broken into Saturday night.
    In both cases people were away for the weekend.
    Laptops, cameras, consoles and money taken.
    The houses were trashed and in one case the lady of the house only died recently.

If you are going away, get someone to pop in and put on lights or get a few timers.

fletch wrote: »
    Yes, see here
    I bought them for my patio door and they are easy to install

Excellent link, They'd be ideal for the downstairs windows.

Morag wrote: »
    2 houses in the Whitestown area were broken into Saturday night.
    In both cases people were away for the weekend.
    Laptops, cameras, consoles and money taken.
    The houses were trashed and in one case the lady of the house only died recently.

If you are going away, get someone to pop in and put on lights or get a few timers.

do you know which part of whitestown ?

is there a map of dublin 15 that shows the areas most hit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Morag wrote: »

And don't broadcast it on Facebook about heading off or go checking-in every other minute. Making it so much easier for crooks.

There was a fair bit of commotion up around Ongar village last night about 9ish. Garda car flying around with full blues on and then searching that so called 'rat road' near Scoil Grainne.
    Any idea what was up anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

What's/where's the rat road?

Omackeral wrote: »
    And don't broadcast it on Facebook about heading off or go checking-in every other minute. Making it so much easier for crooks.

I'm amazed at the amount of people on FB who for weeks before the holiday countdown to the holiday and then post pics of themselves on holiday everyday, It's basically egging on burglars and giving them notice that you'll be gone between this date and that (and there profile's don't be private either).

• Advertisement

What's/where's the rat road?

It's this road (its a footpath/cycle lane now, blocked off to cars at both ends)

dickwod1 wrote: »
    It's this road (its a footpath/cycle lane now, blocked off to cars at both ends)

Cheers for that. Is it well known for rats??
    I've walked down that roads umpteen times and my wife brings the kids that way daily. Never seen a rat.

Cheers for that. Is it well known for rats??
    I've walked down that roads umpteen times and my wife brings the kids that way daily. Never seen a rat.

When I walk down that road with my dog I do say to her "get the rats" and she goes metal at the ditch barking and the rats go scarpering everywhere, I do have a job trying to hold her back on the lead, I'ts infested with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well known for rats, the two and four legged variety!

Ah feck. I wish i didn't know that :-(

Better not tell the missus.

Excellent link, They'd be ideal for the downstairs windows.
    Nice product,but 30 quid for 6, i think you need 4 for each window or panel,i have 5 panels in each window frame and 2 front windows downstairs,same for rear of house,thats 80 locks,makes it very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Ah feck. I wish i didn't know that :-(

Better not tell the missus.

I'm the same. I used to walk my daughter that way to school when I was on maternity leave last year but we'd still walk it at weekends and pick up acorns at this time of year :( don't know can I walk it anymore.

I'm over 8 years living out that direction. I've never seen one. I normally only walk from the phibblestown house gate up to Mother Hubbards though. Maybe the rats are further up?

horse7 wrote: »
    Nice product,but 30 quid for 6, i think you need 4 for each window or panel,i have 5 panels in each window frame and 2 front windows downstairs,same for rear of house,thats 80 locks,makes it very expensive.

I thought you just needed 2 per pane of glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I thought you just needed 2 per pane of glass
    Yes but if a window is divided into multiple panes, you will need two for each pane.

Advertisement