Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We had a lucky escape recently, the car was left unlocked (something that very rarely happens) and someone rifled through the glove compartment. Nothing was taken as there as nothing of value in there, and thankfully they did no damage.
    They left behind some of my daughters cds which was unfortunate (for me anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

At LIDL at Blakstown a few times over the last few few weeks I seen car/van windows smashed and contents taken from them.

And yesterday just before I went into the shop I seen a 18-25 year old on a bike checking out cars looking through the windows and cycling off,

So if your going there dont leave keys bags CD's handbags phones smokes etc in sight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Tinkers in a big navy van rooting through my neighbours skip just now. It's all just rubble in it so they got nothing but I've seen them before up the side of someone else's house where they had building supplies stored trying to take stuff. They were stopped pretty quick, but beware of leaving anything out lying about like that, especially if there's nobody in during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Had a skip about two years ago and there was loads of people having a nose in it... I don't care, I'm just throwing it out anyway...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

January wrote: »
    Had a skip about two years ago and there was loads of people having a nose in it... I don't care, I'm just throwing it out anyway...

I know, but like I said, I've seen them before trying to take things that were left up the side of a house. Things that weren't being thrown out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Heard a guy had his skoda taken from aldi in clonee during the day(monday),parked near the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Today ,in the morning,i can be wrong, but the ATM in LittlePace SC ...too many people around it,the cash loading van,Garda ... hmm !??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Would have thought it would be difficult to rob a modern car without the keys, was it an old banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

rolion wrote: »
    Today ,in the morning,i can be wrong, but the ATM in LittlePace SC ...too many people around it,the cash loading van,Garda ... hmm !??

That makes so little sense it is almost poetic.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    That makes so little sense it is almost poetic.

Corect,read through the lines,aka words !

I don't want to make a big adverstising for some guy(s) that held at gun point the delivery guy which was loading with cash the ATM in LittlePace SC and went away with some amount of cash !

Happy now... !???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't want to make a big adverstising for some guy(s) that held at gun point the delivery guy which was loading with cash the ATM in LittlePace SC and went away with some amount of cash !

Happy now... !???

Keep trying.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Keep trying.

Sorry to all other readers for been offtopic.
    Labe.. you are on my "ignore user" list at position 34 !
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Happy now... !???

So basically, you're saying some held up the cash van at the ATM in Littlepace the other day, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

January wrote: »
    So basically, you're saying some held up the cash van at the ATM in Littlepace the other day, yes?

Ssssshhhh......!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Alright enough rubbish folks, if you've something useful to add to this thread please do, but try NOT to speak in riddles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Gaspode wrote: »
    Alright enough rubbish folks, if you've something useful to add to this thread please do, but try to speak in riddles

:D

Lousy touch screens! :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just saw this story on the Indo's website. What sort of a person kills a pet in front of kids? The mind boggles. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-probe-after-rabbit-killed-in-front-of-children-29319105.html

"The HSE are said to be involved as well, because the children were there when the rabbit was killed," he added. "It's the talk of Castleknock."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Arciphel wrote: »
    Just saw this story on the Indo's website. What sort of a person kills a pet in front of kids? The mind boggles. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-probe-after-rabbit-killed-in-front-of-children-29319105.html

"The HSE are said to be involved as well, because the children were there when the rabbit was killed," he added. "It's the talk of Castleknock."

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I always like looking in this thread for some reason,

Maybe its a good thing that its not been so active lately..

• Advertisement

Load of drugs found in a unit in Rosemount Business park, reported in the Indo today. this only a few weeks after they found a massive cannabis growhouse up there...

"The drugs include some 80kgs of cannabis herb and approximately 350,000 ecstasy tablets."

350,000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Posted this on D15 thread, but there's an epidemic of bike theft at Spar Carpenterstown (pretty much one a day in the past week, mine on Saturday). I know it sounds obvious, lock it to a pole even if you're popping in for something. Guy who nicked mine was casing the shop that morning, followed me to nick mine as soon as I was in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sorry you lost your bike. Did you not lock yours to something? Or did they cut the lock?

Thread is getting busy again :cool:

Just saw this article on the Herald, anyone from Clonee/Littlepace you might remember a few weeks ago in February that an Eircom VDSL cabinet at the side of the road there by the entrance to Swallbrook.

1eBKl7tl.jpg

Well it turns out the female driver (Ann Sherry,51 from Tallaght)who ploughed into the cabinet has been fined €1,000, banned from driving for six years and sentenced to three months in prison. get this, she was driving without insurance or a driving licence and driving while disqualified for a period of three years for drink driving.

At the scene she refused to get out of the jeep and refused to provide a sample, it then turned out she was more than three times over the drink drive limit.

The full story is here - Link to Herald.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Appropriate surname. :(

BostonB wrote: »
    Sorry you lost your bike. Did you not lock yours to something? Or did they cut the lock?

Nope, didnt lock it, usually in line of sight. 10 seconds with my eye off it and it's gone. Lesson learned. What's freaked me out more is that the guy spotted and followed me from about 100 yards away. Just show's you, when you're heading to the shop to buy your 6 year old an ice cream on a hot morning., some scummer is scoping you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

At Aldi in Clonee on friday,when we got out to the car,we could not drive away,because some guy parked sideways,half in a bay and half in everyones way, will try and put up photo. Anyway the guy gets in his car from the passanger side,(he could not get in the driver side cause he parked right up to another car) and the cashier from aldi chases after him, she took his groceries from him, apparently he had used counterfeit money and besides having aldi,s groceries ,she had given him a lot of real money in change. This was at 11 o clock in the morning. He drove off and turned into Littlepace.

Getting reports of a lot of side gates forcibly opened last night in Riverwood Dene / Dale, no reports of thefts yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Not sure of the estate name but my friend lives down from Brady's towards the 12th Lock (same side of the road) on the old Navan Road and her Mum disturbed two guys trying to break in around 2am on Monday morning. She reckoned they were late teens/early twenties. Scarpered before the Gardai got there. Next door found their side gate had been tampered with too.

• Advertisement

Turns out about 10 - 12 houses in a row had their side gates kicked in last night, sheds rummaged, mainly Riverwood Dale & Court. Reports of at least one bike stolen, one found on the grass outside someone's house in the Court & broken glass, perhaps where a vacant house with a glass front door was done in. Scumbags are pretty fearless around these parts, so lock up you stuff

Advertisement