Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

PM me your address :D

PM sent, hope that was useful.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,Vibe
    Welcome to Clonee...moving again ! :)

To be honest,that type of system will do nothing good for them or for you.
    to be honest, it's more to allow me to check on the house when i'm away an to allow my wife to check outside without actually unlocking any doors in case anything happens.

the example of my wife seeing torches outside is a good example. it's possible that she could have imagined she saw something when there might not have actually have been anything there at all.

with cameras she can check the outside whenever she wants and i can check back on recorded footage to confirm if it was her imagination or if there was actually someone there. ;)

it's almost 2 weeks ago now and she is still scared that someone could be outside at night and she just doesn't know one way or the other if anyone was there or not. now with IR illuminated HD cameras out there, she can see the whole of the outside of the house without ever unlocking the doors and if there is anything out there, I can see it (even remotely) and call the garda or whatever else i might decide to do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

vibe666 wrote: »
    to be honest, it's more to allow me to check on the house when i'm away an to allow my wife to check outside without actually unlocking any doors in case anything happens.
    Yes I've seen it a few times watching Crimecall where somebody hears a noise outside their house and as soon as they open the door, the scum burst in the door. So not having to open the door and being able to check outside is a definite advantage.
    My alarm went off in the middle of the night last night (I forgot to disable one motion sensor in the room where the cat sometimes sleeps in the cold weather :o) and I was able to check the cameras on my phone before venturing downstairs...very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

nudger wrote: »
    Crap, just around the corner from me, have an alarm but haven't been there in a few days.
    might be worth reading this, closer to home. http://www.herald.ie/news/burglary-accused-banned-3342475.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

fletch wrote: »
    My alarm went off in the middle of the night last night (I forgot to disable one motion sensor in the room where the cat sometimes sleeps in the cold weather :o) and I was able to check the cameras on my phone before venturing downstairs...very handy

Not slagging you, but you opened up whatever app you have on your phone to check downstairs before going down to switch the alarm off ?

When mine has gone off in the past I'm faster than Bolt in getting downstairs in order to switch it off before it wakes the kid/neighbours !

To be fair to me, I had a history of dodgy sensors which have since been replaced, and have two dogs that will bark and wake the street up long before the alarm gets triggered.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not slagging you, but you opened up whatever app you have on your phone to check downstairs before going down to switch the alarm off ?
    No offence taken...I don't have kids so that wouldn't concern me. The app takes all of 2-3 seconds to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Just to let you all know on Groupon now there is a deal for wireless CCTV camera's similar to what was posted here a couple of pages back.

The deal ends tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just an FYI lads, was at home today (Littlepace area)and at about one o'clock I started getting email alerts from the little IP camera I have at my front door. Girl in here mid-twenties delivering orange clothing collection stickers (usual story, the VAT number and website both bogus). She gave my porch door a good yank to see if it would open, but never bothered ringing the doorbell - also she was standing out there for about a minute all told, pretending to be fiddling around on her phone while she was doing all this. Then she moved on to house next door. I rang the guards and they were going to send a car around, also they asked if I could give them her picture from the camera. Golden rule here is - always ring it in :) The Guard on the phone in Blanch was very interested.

The clothing sticker VAT reg No is IE 2473424P and the website mentioned on the sticker is www.viltis.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hi guys,

Did anyone hear the Garda Helicopter over Blanch village/ Roselawn last night? It seemed to be hovering for a good while and woke me up. Not sure what time it was but I think I saw 2.30am on the alarm clock. Anyone know what was going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It seems to be over D.15 and over the M50 a few times a week.

• Advertisement

That must have been it so. Thanks. Glad he was caught!

fletch wrote: »

It just says in the Laurels, does anyone know any more, Castleknock Laurels or just Laurel Lodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

It was Castleknock Laurels as far as I know, people on facebook were saying it. He ended up in Blanch hospital with hypothermia and broken teeth. He was spotted around the area lastnight still in his hospital gear an a blanket wrapped around him which was later discarded in Castleknock Elms! Could mean he lives local??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

dmm82 wrote: »
    It was Castleknock Laurels as far as I know, people on facebook were saying it. He ended up in Blanch hospital with hypothermia and broken teeth. He was spotted around the area lastnight still in his hospital gear an a blanket wrapped around him which was later discarded in Castleknock Elms! Could mean he lives local??

Hypothermia.............Broken teeth...........let me think about that...........:p :D

......You mean we payed for his hospital treatment.... now im angry!

dmm82 wrote: »

Where about's on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I was leaving home at an early hour today and spotted a van with two guys cruising around. One of the guys picked up a bag of clothes off a doorstep with one of those fake charity clothing stickers on it. Ive heard the reports and seen the news items about how those clothes are collected illegally and then repatriated to eastern Europe to be sold on. Ive also seen the big signs on the entrance to Allendale estate saying they aren't wanted in the area.

I have the make/model, colour and reg number of the van. My question is, has anyone reported this activity before and what was the outcome? Do the Gardai give a stuff about this sort of thing? Should I bother reporting it?

Ive always known to bin the stickers when they arrive, but its a bit tiresome picking them off the hall carpet EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Be thankful they were only picking up the bags! It has been reported much earlier in this thread that some of the fake label drops/bag collections are to check properties for occupancy & security.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

horse7 wrote: »
    Have mailed the hanley centre,will be interesting to see the reply.
    Just wondering if you got a response from Hanley Centre? A girl was at our door this afternoon collecting for same so just curious as to wether or not actually for the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I have the make/model, colour and reg number of the van. My question is, has anyone reported this activity before and what was the outcome? Do the Gardai give a stuff about this sort of thing? Should I bother reporting it?
    Please do report the details to the Gardai, maybe the Community Gardai.

Please also PM me. I am part of Riverwood Residents Association and we have asked the Gardai to stop and investigate these vans (verify tax, insurance, driving licences etc). We are due to meet the Gardai soon so I can bring it up and reference the van you saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

This is probably the most serious occurrence in regard to an online sale that I've heard about in D15. I've no idea which online source it was, but I would imagine adverts.ie, DoneDeal or BuyAndSell.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-shooting-was-an-armed-robbery-for-online-item-819098-Mar2013/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It might have been gumtree that site encourages the inputting of addresses as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Larbre34 wrote: »

I have no doubt that shots were fired BUT......

A doctor ....selling a watch.....in the middle of a park.....something does not add up here....right which one of yous rang up the Indo and spun this one???

gjc wrote: »
    I have no doubt that shots were fired BUT......

A doctor ....selling a watch.....in the middle of a park.....something does not add up here....right which one of yous rang up the Indo and spun this one???
    Hazelbury Park is the name of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I think you got the details wrong folks. The man was targeted at his home.
    He is a respected doctor.

Pretty quiet on this thread lately which is good I suppose! Any burglaries happening aroud the place lately? Ive heard of things being taken from unlocked cars over night in the Castleknock area. My mother always forgets to lock her car and she has been targeted twice. Her own fault though I guess! Change and an ipod taken. Another neighbour found a ladies leather glove in her car one morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

According to another forum the petrol station in Hollystown was robbed yesterday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I heard from another online forum that in the past month some people up in Clonsilla/Portersgate/Ongar have been not just been burgled but had the burglars kicking in doors and even assaulting them in their own homes.:mad::(

Stay vigilant and stay safe people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

Reports recently of cars attending a wedding @ Porterstown Church being targeted and "fly" windows broken/ general pilferage.

Advertisement