Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Human nature to take short cuts/lazy route unfortunately. I've no doubt his other half gave him the mother of all bollickings that he deserved once they'd gotten over the car theft bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pretty stupid thing to do, but lesson learned I'd imagine.

I'm not impressed with what David McGuinness had to say though, in fact, he came out with some stupid comments if the Indo is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm not impressed with what David McGuinness had to say though, in fact, he came out with some stupid comments if the Indo is to be believed.

Chuck Norris to post in this thread in 3, 2, 1...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Arciphel wrote: »
    Chuck Norris to post in this thread in 3, 2, 1...:pac:

"That would be an ecumenical matter" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

honestly the father did a silly mistake, but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Nah, a silly mistake is forgetting to put your bin out or having no milk for your cereal. :pac: I think he was a lot more negligent than that.

The father did not commit a crime,but the 'jump in' offender did.

Is it not illegal to leave a car unattended and running ?

Is it not illegal to leave a car unattended and running ?

It very well maybe, but I see Garda cars running while they enter a premises such as a pub, I see ambulances running while unattended so that is a good question.

No one is immune to their vehicles being stolen.

Emergency services are exempt from most of the road traffic act, as I'm sure you know. Are you really going to go down the road of well I saw a garda on his phone while driving argument ?

• Advertisement

Emergency services are exempt from most of the road traffic act, as I'm sure you know. Are you really going to go down the road of well I saw a garda on his phone while driving argument ?

No, I just went down the argument of 'I seen Police and Ambulance's on various occasions, running and left unattended'. The point being, it is difficult to know if it is illegal with that in mind.

Is it illegal? maybe it is, maybe it is not. Give Liveline a ring and find out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It's not illegal, it was stupid but that doesn't excuse who ever took advantage to do something illegal. Hope they get done with theft and kidnapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pretty stupid thing to do, but lesson learned I'd imagine.

What a moron, you'd think he'd use his media moment to do something positive like announce the arrangement of a few community meetings with the guards to improve vigiliance and prevention methods rather than just running down his own area as if he was some schmo at his garden gate..... "I'm tellin ya Joe, things are gone awful bad around here, kids these days, we used be able to leave the key in the door Joe, now they'd have the eye outta yisser head"

Way to positive action.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What a moron, you'd think he'd use his media moment to do something positive like announce the arrangement of a few community meetings with the guards to improve vigiliance and prevention methods rather than just running down his own area as if he was some schmo at his garden gate..... "I'm tellin ya Joe, things are gone awful bad around here, kids these days, we used be able to leave the key in the door Joe, now they'd have the eye outta yisser head"

Way to positive action.

The comment's and stats came straight from the Blanchardstown division superintendent at the PUBLIC policing meeting that house crimes and car crimes were significantly on the increase.

I was at that PUBLIC policing meeting, but if you were there, you should know this.

PS: Sharrow can you like this reply please? ;)

The comment's and stats came straight from the Blanchardstown division superintendent

Ah, so it was the super who said parts of Blanchardstown were no go areas and how dangerous the suburbs of Blanchardstown can be and not the poor misrepresented McGuinness ?

Ah, so it was the super who said parts of Blanchardstown were no go areas and how dangerous the suburbs of Blanchardstown can be and not the poor misrepresented McGuinness ?

No, in fact a comment on a recent thread stated that some areas were becoming a no go area, especially on the thread that asked about Living in the Parnell estate. Go back and check.

No, in fact a comment on a recent thread stated that some areas were becoming a no go area, especially on the thread that asked about Living in the Parnell estate. Go back and check.

REFERENCE:
    babaracus wrote: »
    Dromheath is very dodgy indeed and its residents have caused a lot of trouble for people living in Castlecurragh. There are a few families in Dromheath who are serious criminals. There are an awful lot of hoody wearing teens hanging about the area too.

Parnell might be ok but I wouldn't be keen on being so close to Dromheath and to a much lesser extent Wellview. Ladyswell never had a good rep.

SOURCE = http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774084&page=2 ( Moving to Mulhuddart)

I reckon you should take your head out of the sand and realise that residents in some area's are of the view that some of the issues are very real and people WANT them highlighted. Why else would this thread be so popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Nope, you want it too much. :P

Sharrow wrote: »
    Nope, you want it too much. :P

hahahahha, fair play for the Friendly reply. ;)

Just published this afternoon. So, yea it seems Gardi cannot mention this openly but privately they will give a quote. Shhhh, if it's not spoken about, it didn't happen.

Get on to the LiveLine and complain to Joe :D

"
    Gardai pinpoint ‘no go areas’ for firemen battling Halloween fires tonight"

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-pinpoint-no-go-areas-for-firemen-battling-halloween-fires-tonight-3278987.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No mention of D15 in those no-go areas thankfully.

I hate that concept of no-go areas; the gardai should be able to go wherever they chose, and not tolerate anyone or any group of individuals who try to prevent them going about their business.

@Chuck Norris. You still haven't commented on the fact that McGuinness said something very stupid and you've skirted around the issue with random quotes like talk to Joe ever since.

Gaspode wrote: »
    No mention of D15 in those no-go areas thankfully.

I hate that concept of no-go areas; the gardai should be able to go wherever they chose, and not tolerate anyone or any group of individuals who try to prevent them going about their business.

That is true, however I quoted a forumer above in a previous post, where they state they would not go in to some areas in D15.

The Indo link was used in the context that Gardi wouldn't use 'no go area' language. They do use that language and so too do members of the public, so in short I do not see what the issue is with the use of the term. perhaps for some it does not sit well.

It's just a fortunate coincidence for me that the article linked above was published today and that I could use it to reply to the other forumers on here, but this thread is merged outside of D15 too.

The reality is Gaspode, that many people regard some estates as no go areas.

@Chuck Norris. You still haven't commented on the fact that McGuinness said something very stupid and you've skirted around the issue with random quotes like talk to Joe ever since.

In fact I believe his quotes (That you mentioned) on it to be in touch with how allot of people feel, and who also attended the PUBLIC joint Garda meeting. It is reality.

@ThisRegard - What quote's are you referring to by the way, and what article?

The comment's and stats came straight from the Blanchardstown division superintendent at the PUBLIC policing meeting that house crimes and car crimes were significantly on the increase.

I was at that PUBLIC policing meeting, but if you were there, you should know this.

PS: Sharrow can you like this reply please? ;)

Not impressed with the tone of that response at all Chuck. The Indo article makes no mention of the McGuinness quote being taken at such a public meeting. And if there are meetings being held they haven't to my knowledge made it out as far as the Clonsilla/Ongar frontier of the Mulhuddart ward. Its not from McGuinness' website or the Safer Blanchardstown website that you'd get any info about them anyway.

Not impressed with the tone of that response at all Chuck. The Indo article makes no mention of the McGuinness quote being taken at such a public meeting. And if there are meetings being held they haven't to my knowledge made it out as far as the Clonsilla/Ongar frontier of the Mulhuddart ward. Its not from McGuinness' website or the Safer Blanchardstown website that you'd get any info about them anyway.

I wasn't trying to impress you with the tone. I am not involved in politics, although I am over opinionated, I was at the public meeting so you can take it from me.

I am sure there are minutes of the meeting available.

WHAT QUOTE ARE YOU REFERRING TO AND WHAT LINK? I'VE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO?

I wasn't trying to impress you with the tone. I am not involved in politics, although I am over opinionated, I was at the public meeting so you can take it from me.

I am sure there are minutes of the meeting available.

WHAT COMMENT OR QUOTE ARE YOU REFERRING TO AND WHAT LINK?

Post #1260 that linked to the Indo article regarding the incident being discussed all morning....

Post #1260 that linked to the Indo article regarding the incident being discussed all morning....

Then why on earth didn't you READ the article and see that it is the journalist Allison Bray who mentioned the 'no go area' and followed up with the ACTUAL quote of the local councillor in the article that said NOTHING of the sort?

EXTRACT:

@allisonBray - He added that some parts of the community were becoming no-go areas.

"This is a reminder of how dangerous the suburbs of Blanchardstown can be. But for a child to be taken like this is a new low."

@Larbre34 - At no point did the councillor mention a no go area, but simply is quoted as saying suburbs in Blanchardstown can be dangerous. I believe that to be a fact myself, unfortunately.

@ThisRegard - lump in here if you want.

Calm down there Chuck, you might pull something.

I made no reference to the writer making the leap to no-go area by inference from McGuinness' quote.

My point was that taking his quotes as a whole there was no mention of him suggesting any positive steps to be taken to react to the general problems in the area, just him listing a bunch of the issues most people are well aware of. I thought it was a wasted opportunity on his part and very untypical of a local councillor not to push some agenda or solution.

As for your fit of pique that I wasn't up to date on the entire content of a meeting I didn't attend and wasn't even aware of, thereby limiting me to form an opinion only from the article to which my attention was drawn, I think that's more your issue than mine.

@ThisRegard - lump in here if you want.

Nah, I wouldn't want to contribute further to the feeling you have that everyone is out to get you.

• Advertisement

Nah, I wouldn't want to contribute further to the feeling you have that everyone is out to get you.

Who is out to get me? I was simply looking to see why you were playing the man instead of the ball.

Advertisement