Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

RTT wrote: »
    Yeah a friend of mine lives nearby. Apparently a silver bmw crashed through it while being pursued by a 3 garda cars and one or two unmarked ones. Apparently there were guns drawn too.

I certainly hope no Law Enforcement officers were injured....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Did that happen last night about 10.45 or 11pm? Reason I ask is I was coming out the Navan Road last night and this car blew past me racing with a Lexus Saloon. Think it was 02-D reg? They were driving like utter bell-ends, swerving in and out, undertaking cars etc. The Lexus disappeared and I met the BMW at the top of the Slip road off the Navan road into Littlepace, he was turning left there and went thru the roundabout down towards Ongar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Arciphel wrote: »
    Did that happen last night about 10.45 or 11pm? Reason I ask is I was coming out the Navan Road last night and this car blew past me racing with a Lexus Saloon. Think it was 02-D reg? They were driving like utter bell-ends, swerving in and out, undertaking cars etc. The Lexus disappeared and I met the BMW at the top of the Slip road off the Navan road into Littlepace, he was turning left there and went thru the roundabout down towards Ongar.
    No, not sure when but definitely not last night as I saw the railings in bits yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A bunch of Gardai in the car park at Roselawn Shopping centre. Someone tried to break into one of the cars. But from what I gathered, they were chased off by a random member of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A bunch of Gardai in the car park at Roselawn Shopping centre. Someone tried to break into one of the cars. But from what I gathered, they were chased off by a random member of the public.

You'd have to wonder about these people. A busy, small car park, with hundreds of people coming and going and passing every few minutes... Seems like the most ridiculous place to try and steal a car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder about these people. A busy, small car park, with hundreds of people coming and going and passing every few minutes... Seems like the most ridiculous place to try and steal a car.

There was broken glass from a car in the car park beside Heaton's in Blanch Centre during the week so breaking into cars in shopping centres does seem to be going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

When was this? Today? Saw a few gardai up there yesterday in an unmarked focus and a garda on a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

And it's always so busy there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

As it is busy the thief would not stand out and most people will not confront such a thief. You'd be lucky if even one person calls the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Arciphel wrote: »
    I saw that BM which crashed on the Ongar Road last Saturday (14th) morning. A fair bit of destruction alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

RTT wrote: »
    When was this? Today? Saw a few gardai up there yesterday in an unmarked focus and a garda on a bike.

About 30 mins before I posted. 5:30 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Burglaries in Bramley in Carpenterstown tonigh, my house, the neighbours and one other that I know of, the Guards woke me up at 3.30am, they came in while I was in bed, back door lock is busted, don't think they got anything but my nerves are gone now, absolute scumbags :(

dmm82 wrote: »
    Burglaries in Bramley in Carpenterstown tonigh, my house, the neighbours and one other that I know of, the Guards woke me up at 3.30am, they came in while I was in bed, back door lock is busted, don't think they got anything but my nerves are gone now, absolute scumbags :(

Sorry to hear that.

Forgot to post on this thread, but I'm a bit of a night owl myself and as I was going to sleep at 4.15am on Monday morning there was a guy standing on my driveway looking extremely shady. Phoned the Gards and in fairness they were there in numbers within 7 or 8 minutes but the guy was gone. I'm fairly sure he had seen me. No harm fitting motion sensors to the front and back of the house if at all possible.

I just feel sick now knowing they got in while I was asleep, thank god they didn't come upstairs! Id say there was a good few houses done tonight judging by what the guards said

I just feel sick now knowing they got in while I was asleep, thank god they didn't come upstairs! Id say there was a good few houses done tonight judging by what the guards said

Did they get anything from yourself in particular? Sorry if that is too personal to ask.

I dont think so, all the cards and photos in my purse were poured out but there was no money in it thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

how did they bust the lock,was it a euro type,any alarm? its any awful experience,hope you recover soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

dmm82 sorry to hear about your break in, I know the feeling, at least they didn't thrash the place.
    I know how you feel about someone being in the house, drove me mad for a long time.
    I know you have more important things to do at the moment but an up date might be helpful to people in the area.
    Have you an alarm, was it on, was it disarmed, was your lock snapped or forced, side entrance, no gate etc?

Thanks
    n

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I dont think so, all the cards and photos in my purse were poured out but there was no money in it thank god

My parents had a break in like that several years ago, cash only from wallets, no cards, some Christmas presents from under the tree (boxed perfumes etc) were taken along with bottles of booze so we didn't think much of it and put it down to 'just a few kids' (car keys left untouched). It wasn't till a few months later my parents were preparing for going on holiday and realised their video camera was gone and their passports too. They just had not seemed obviously missing at the time.

Its a real shock when it happens, but after its worn off have a thorough search for anything less obvious that might be gone too.
    Hope the invasive feeling passing for you soon.

2 houses up by coolmine cottages broken into this week. The guy broke in at night time on monday and robbed them. The guy was on foot also .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

2 houses up by coolmine cottages broken into this week. The guy broke in at night time on monday and robbed them. The guy was on foot also .
    Anyone at home when it happened? Did they have alarms etc?

Did you have an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

horse7 wrote: »
    Did you have an ararm.

no need to take the p1ss out of Orientals??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    Went to the gym there on wednesday, parking the van in the carpark.
    When I left I found that someone had drilled the locks and stolen the contents of the van (2 mountain bikes).
    Absolute nightmare.
    Is this a problem in the NAC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Friend of mine had their bike broken outside there earlier in the year. They tried to steal it but his lock was too good so they bent the frame and broke a wheel and the fork that holds it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I thought they had security around there? Probably the grand lads from up the road a bit then...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

They have a guy patrolling the carpark but he signs off at 8 or so.
    A few months ago I overheard a few men in the changing room saying a friend had just had his van robbed there. Took all the tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    Went to the gym there on wednesday, parking the van in the carpark.
    When I left I found that someone had drilled the locks and stolen the contents of the van (2 mountain bikes).
    Absolute nightmare.
    Is this a problem in the NAC?

Stuff like that always happened at total fitness, god how i wished one of those muscle men caught the scum.

Did you have an alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

My next door neighbours were broken into on tuesday last while they slept at 2am handbags, money, vehicle stolen.
    Another neighbour accross the road broken into very recently too. (mulhuddart wood)
    The houses both sides of me have both been broken into in the last 6 months. Getting ocd-ish in locking up at night / going out at this stage.

Advertisement