Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Hey view this link and video its that easy to get in your door but dont buy the anti bumps here get from ebay , dont buy yale anti bump either
    http://burglarybusters.ie/locks-anti-bump-anti-snap-cylinders.php
    Also check the video out in next link , this shows you how the scum are getting in so fast due to then crapy locks people
    have fitted , get anti bump locks
    http://stoptheburglar.ie/index.php/security-for-doors/cylinders/

Does it only apply to "uPVC locks" as in plastic doors? My door is wooden.

"If your door, like many homes is a uPVC or Composite Door, you probably feel very secure in your home."
    All doors my wood front doorcwas 5 grand yet they gave me the standerd crap lock on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lads, in my area I reckon there has been one power cut after dark in the last six or seven years that I can remember... I wouldn't be worrying too much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Lads, in my area I reckon there has been one power cut after dark in the last six or seven years that I can remember... I wouldn't be worrying too much about them.
    you've jinxed yourself now! :P

vibe666 wrote: »
    you've jinxed yourself now! :P

outage.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Hey view this link and video its that easy to get in your door but dont buy the anti bumps here get from ebay , dont buy yale anti bump either
    Also check the video out in next link , this shows you how the scum are getting in so fast due to then crapy locks people

Hi mcroit29

Had a good look at the locks on offer and the testimonials, your ones look great value for money but another company thinks they are the best, bar none, lot more costly (abs).

Your ones stand up on review and are a nice price, abs seem to think everything else are crap and the English Police back them up :confused:.

You don't like the Yale lock, why? half the houses in the country have them not that that means anything.

Opened a thread in DIY to see if any of the pro's had an opinion, which locks are being replaced after break ins, and more importantly which haven't.

The films would put the poo up you, how easy the locks are done, I knew about the barrel poppers but the keys wouldn't set of the alarms in most houses for about 40 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

nudger wrote: »

Hi mcroit29

Had a good look at the locks on offer and the testimonials, your ones look great value for money but another company thinks they are the best, bar none, lot more costly (abs).

Your ones stand up on review and are a nice price, abs seem to think everything else are crap and the English Police back them up :confused:.

You don't like the Yale lock, why? half the houses in the country have them not that that means anything.

Opened a thread in DIY to see if any of the pro's had an opinion, which locks are being replaced after break ins, and more importantly which haven't.

The films would put the poo up you, how easy the locks are done, I knew about the barrel poppers but the keys wouldn't set of the alarms in most houses for about 40 seconds.
    Hey yes abs are good, but not any better then ones i got also ones i got i showed you in ebay link are treated with pick buster making these locks better then abs, yale are a no no there good locks but im not going to get into it but lets say the yale anti pick dont need to be picked there a key that fits them all. So i would not buy yale better getting a less known brand as less chance of scum getting a picking device, well key type device,
    dont buy yale ones in ebay link seem to be best value , and they have pickbuster in them , dont waste your cash on high end abs . The link i gave for ebay is best price on ebay however i bought from a diffrent seller that cost a bit more, but he treats them with pickbuster im now not sure if the seller link i put up has pickbuster in them so below is seller i bought from on ebay with pickbuster in them

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/120503081992?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid
    =p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4643wt_689

Google pickbuster with lock above your getting a great deal better then abs, id think i paid for my ones from seller above last wed and got them today

Hey yes abs are good, but not any better then ones i got also ones i got i showed you in ebay link are treated with pick buster making these locks better then abs, yale are a no no there good locks but im not going to get into it but lets say the yale anti pick dont need to be picked there a key that fits them all. So i would not buy yale better getting a less known brand as less chance of scum getting a picking device, well key type device,
    dont buy yale ones in ebay link seem to be best value , and they have pickbuster in them , dont waste your cash on high end abs . The link i gave for ebay is best price on ebay however i bought from a diffrent seller that cost a bit more, but he treats them with pickbuster im now not sure if the seller link i put up has pickbuster in them so below is seller i bought from on ebay with pickbuster in them

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/120503081992?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid
    =p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4643wt_689

Google pickbuster with lock above your getting a great deal better then abs, id think i paid for my ones from seller above last wed and got them today

Ordered mine yesterday, thanks for the link.
    When you go looking around the bump,pick sites you would wonder how they get away with advertising and advising on how to pick locks/break in doors, it's crazy.

As you said about a well known brand, they have a special pick that opens all their locks, but I found picks for at least another 10 top brands of locks, these can all be ordered very cheaply.:eek:

That picbuster stuff looks like it is just a thick lub like chain lub for motorbikes which is sticky but if does the job.:)

its all dodgy, but its the same as anything else, they get away with it because there are legit uses for it such as locksmiths etc.

look mat all the cash for gold places (and pawn shops before them) that have sprung up. everyone knows they're raking in money from burglaries, but because there's legit customers as well, they get away with it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

vibe666 wrote: »
    its all dodgy, but its the same as anything else, they get away with it because there are legit uses for it such as locksmiths etc.

look mat all the cash for gold places (and pawn shops before them) that have sprung up. everyone knows they're raking in money from burglaries, but because there's legit customers as well, they get away with it. :(

I have pawned stuff in the States before - they ask for Identification and take copies etc.

Do they do this in the money for gold shops here?

not as far as i am aware, but i'm sure someone will be happy to correct me if i'm wrong. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Pat the plank is talking about burglaries on the frontline now

gjc wrote: »
    Pat the plank is talking about burglaries on the frontline now

Love how Paul Williams is talking about how he'd protect his house and family with a gun if someone broke into his house...

They'd have to get past the Garda post first Paul. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Love how Paul Williams is talking about how he'd protect his house and family with a gun if someone broke into his house...

They'd have to get past the Garda post first Paul. :rolleyes:

We still paying for his armed escourt? :rolleyes: Last article i saw penned by him he was chasing Bertie Ahern around a field :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

One possible and legal solution.

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

yes that would work..if i was in a house robbing and i came across the owner in long johns like them i would run for the hills. y-fronts that go all the way down..scary ****!

yes that would work..if i was in a house robbing and i came across the owner in long johns like them i would run for the hills. y-fronts that go all the way down..scary ****!

Not to mention the Baseball bat ;)

Looks like he is about to use it on himself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

One possible and legal solution.

1.jpg

Why is it ribbed?:eek:

Thread moved to AH.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

For her pleasure, no?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

that would leave a nice imprint on some skumbags face! I got patio slabs delivered last night dropped in the front garden. the wife made me lug them all in the back in the rain for fear they'd get nicked. as i was doing it i was thinking not even a skumbag would come out in this weather to rob these heavy yokes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys, I've posted this warning twice already in this thread so please pay attention, or you may receive an infraction/ban.

Boards.ie does not condone violence or taking the law into your own hands. Discussion of how you'd assault an intruder is not really welcome here, thanks

Gaspode wrote: »
    Guys, I've posted this warning twice already in this thread so please pay attention, or you may receive an infraction/ban.

Boards.ie does not condone violence or taking the law into your own hands. Discussion of how you'd assault an intruder is not really welcome here, thanks

Gaspode, I'm not sure if that's directed at me however it's the law. You can defend your property if someone enters your home. That includes a baseball bat and/or a legally held gun if you like.

You may not like it, agree with it or condone it but since people are talking about different means to protect your home with alarms, gates, cameras - let us not take our eye off our entitlement either to protect our selves or remind people that they are entitled to use a baseball bat as an example.

It's not violence, it's self protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Yeah but on the boards the only rules are those the mods enforce.

BostonB wrote: »
    Yeah but on the boards the only rules are those the mods enforce.

Yep indeed, however I didn't suggest violence or mention anything about taking the law in to your own hands. In fact what the picture really is about is to remind people that they are acting within the law to protect their home.

There is a vast difference between that and patrolling the streets with a baseball bat.

PS: Note the pajamas ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It's directed at everyone; If I've a problem with someone in particular I'll name them. It's a general policy here that we dont allow that sort of talk, regardless of what the legal complexities are.

I've not read the actual legislation in this area, but I dont think home owners have been given carte blanche to beat the living daylights out of any intruder.
    I think they can use 'reasonable force' when absolutely necessary. Having a lethal weapon for the express purpose of knocking lumps out of someone might not be seen as reasonable though in court if the intruder sues for assault.

Gaspode wrote: »
    I've not read the actual legislation in this area, but I dont think home owners have been given carte blanche to beat the living daylights out of any intruder.
    I think they can use 'reasonable force' when absolutely necessary. Having a lethal weapon for the express purpose of knocking lumps out of someone might not be seen as reasonable though in court if the intruder sues for assault.

A baseball bat is reasonable force. In most cases I'm sure it wouldn't even have to be used and the intruder will scarper. Without and your leaving yourself wide open to be battered yourself if the intruder meets you in a hall way ro stairs without anything.

It's a deterrent before anything. It may persuade the intruder to run, just like a house alarm.

What you do at home is of course peoples own choice, just be careful.

Let's drop discussion of that particular aspect of home security and move on now thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Be aware there have been a few unwanted visitors in the stockton area recently.

Advertisement