Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boycott British goods and services?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's a sad day when you can't share your half-baked tgeories and not be picked up on them

What's with the bold anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

stewie01 wrote: »
    wow really.

yes really, if you dislike everything british, why don't you give up the language and speak irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

What I saw, and liked, was his balls.

Ooohhhh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shauneym

This country is approx 1% of the EU population and the same in financial terms,.
    So OP never think that he Irish has the political or financial influence that the Brit's have, they stayed out of the 'EURO' because they could see what lay ahead when false accounting from small state's and what could happen when the lack of cohesion within financial market's worldwide would eventually lead to the collapse of an overladen debt ridden 'Europe'.
    Unlike us we w ere led blindly by our FF leadership into a financial disaster that is called the 'EURO'.
    I say leave the Euro, burn the Bondholder's,bring back the Punt, keep our 12.5 % corpo tax and latch onto the Pound or the Dollar...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=54k-RmPcIDw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess wrote: »
    Bby sandz 4eva fuk da queen tiocfaidh ar la

Is this what boards has deteriorated into. Criticize Britain and your an IRA support. Pretty fooking pathetic on your part i have to say.
    Piss-poor reason to criticise Britain, to be fair - reeks of ra-esque Brit-bashing.
    You'd have to forsake your Sky Sports too if this boycott went ahead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Stupid idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Rober Fisk in this great article below say's '' Enda Kenny told the Irish people that they weren't responsible for the mess but didn't tell them who was '' .

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-bankers-are-the-dictators-of-the-west-6275084.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sashmo

Fair play to David Cameron.

Pity we don't have a leader like him, he's got back bone. We've just got a bunch of lemmings! 800 years isn't far enough back for them.

OP ... You started this. You should be open to criticism/opinions instead of insulting posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

jc84 wrote: »
    yes really, if you dislike everything british, why don't you give up the language and speak irish

Where do i say i dislike everything British????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I wouldn't be full of praise for UK high st stores that have arrived here as 'competition' to Irish retailers. Their prices are still robbery alongside their Irish comrades.

Funny thing when you go up north and shop in the exact same stores, their prices do still be alot cheaper even after currency conversion.

I'd have more praise for Lidl\Aldi than the likes of Tesco who only cut prices when they have to and that is when they are not caught from "cutting prices to what they were at 6 months ago and promoting it as every little bit helps' lark. Same for 'Because we're Irish' Dunnes.

To sum up? Retailers of all origin have been screwing the Irish consumer for years, even the German stores were at it but not as bad as Tesco and Dunnes!!

• Advertisement

Sashmo wrote: »
    Fair play to David Cameron.

Pity we don't have a leader like him, he's got back bone. We've just got a bunch of lemmings! 800 years isn't far enough back for them.

OP ... You started this. You should be open to criticism/opinions instead of insulting posters.

who did i insult?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shauneym

Then why post such a stupid post...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Seem as the British government have no qualms about seeing the collapse of the euro and the EU, throwing hundreds of millions of peoples lives into misery for their own self interest of protecting the institutes that caused this global meltdown, is it time for Ireland and the rest of Europe to boycott all things British??

I wonder how fast Tesco and Co would be knocking on number 10s door if they saw their profits wiped out across Europe.

You know its actually very sad that you don't have a clue.
    Its a sad state of affairs indeed.

Stop reading the likes of the cheap rags for their rubbish if thats where your getting your current train of thought and look at some broader pictures intermingled with the current wishes of people within their own territorial borders!

M&S knickers are way raunchier and easier to take off than Dunnes ones. :cool:

Where do i say i dislike everything British????

is this whole thread not about boycotting british things??

i bet you know all about that. anyway .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

OP if your going to start a thread about British policy making (disguised as Brit Bashing ... of which there have been many in AH ) you'll have to put in a much better effort .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

seanybiker wrote: »
    We fooked ourselves up

lol but its easier if we blame England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Durty Brits, eroding our moral standards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PICS OR GTFO!

• Advertisement

jc84 wrote: »
    is this whole thread not about boycotting british things??

this thread is about boycotting British goods and services because they dont want to help their European neighbors out, with stabilizing the euro. that does not mean i dislike everything british.

i bet you know all about that. anyway .......
    Of course I do, hence my post.

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Durty Brits, eroding our moral standards :)

Yeh, we were all strict Catholics before Ann Summers arrived :rolleyes: ;)

Remember when there was a protest by the extreme religious right when Ann arrived? Unreal stuff, the Taliban would have been proud!!

Actually OP, on a personal level, are you going to boycott British products? Because there's nothing stopping you from doing so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

this thread is about boycotting British goods and services because they dont want to help their European neighbors out, with stabilizing the euro. that does not mean i dislike everything british.

They DO want to help their neighbours out.
    Didn't they actually give us extra money off their own backs and help us more?
    ...And you want to lash out at them?

What bloody short memory, bloody minded stupidity! Christ!

but seriously, why should the uk have to give up something that is so important to their economy, do you think enda kenny would have agreed if there was a policy in place that would remove ireland's low corporation tax rate? no way, the treaty is most likely still going ahead, just without britain who are not in the euro anyway

and if it was the other way around, would the british boycott irish goods and services?

gurramok wrote: »
    Yeh, we were all strict Catholics before Ann Summers arrived :rolleyes: ;)

Remember when there was a protest by the extreme religious right when Ann arrived? Unreal stuff, the Taliban would have been proud!!

Yeah, it was a great bit of publicity for Ann Summers that! What amused me was that one of the arguments the protesters made was that the shop was inappropriate for O'Connell St - had they even looked at the state of the street at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There was a point in boycotts like that 100 years or so ago, when Sinn Fein had posters reading "Burn everything British - except their coal", but in this day and age in a globalised economy, it just won't work. We'll just have to persevere and try to get through this crisis as Europeans and let the Little Englanders screw things up for their country. Eventually, they and their silly monarchy and ruling classes will face the wrath of the masses. Even in England the worm will have to turn sooner or later.;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Absolute nonsense!

I'd be willing to buy more British goods and services. In fact, I say we should follow British example.

I'd love to see a more integrated Europe, an EU without an borders. However, under the present situation we will be forced to hand over powers, that usually are only reserved for elected representatives, to unelected bureaucrats in Europe. It's a undemocratic short term solution to a long term problem.

Better the €uro to collapse than our rights to vanish I say.

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    They DO want to help their neighbours out.
    Didn't they actually give us extra money off their own backs and help us more?
    ...And you want to lash out at them?

What bloody short memory, bloody minded stupidity! Christ!

Ah here Biggins, you know well they only loaned us that money out of their own interest. British banks are up to their knees debt wise here, it was wise for Britain to loan us a few bob because if we went under, well Britain would suffer alot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement