Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

awec wrote: »
    I'm 23. ;)

You're probably in the age range of the majority of people on the sites.

Was wondering was anyone else doing as terribly bad on it as me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moocawn

Samich wrote: »
    Is there any other 20 year old fellas on this thread?
    I'm 25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

A woman with a suggestive username just sent me a picture of her behind on POF.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I kinda of randomly set up an OKC profile a few days ago after reading a tone of this thread.

I hadn't planned to but I was intrigued by the detailed questions it ask and interested to see if there really was someone out there for me. Next thing you know I'm throwing up profile pics (crap ones I could find fast on my machine/friends facebook etc Don't really have many proper pics of myself) and filling out a profile.

I always thought I'd find someone naturally in life and was content to let it happen. I've been very shy in my earlier years and a bit oblivious to what women thought of me. Then there was just years of never really meeting any new people. So I've never had a proper relationship, I wasn't too bothered by this but I'm in my mid twenties now and feel like I'm missing out.

Problem for me going on a dating site was I had to now advertise/sell myself and compete as if I was some kinda product. And I knew that most girls would have no interest in me as I'm a bit of a "nerd/dork" not into clubbing and all that. That's fine as I hope to meet someone like me , similar interests and way of thinking etc. Someone I could really talk to.

While I'm not happy with the way I look , I don't think I'm totally ugly but most women it would seem would have no interest as I'm not tall. I see this posted on a lot of forums and even in this thread. I can't change that unfortunately. & lastly, I don't look my age at all. This would be another turn off.

So due to above reason I never thought dating sites were an option. But when I saw those personality questions on OKC , I dunno it just happened.

So sure enough after a few days of trying to find pics and answering a tone of questions filling out my profile I see this girl who is rated as my highest match. I read her profile in great detail and love everything about it.

So after 2 days I worked up the nerve to message her. Waited a day and nothing :( She had been online it would seem during that time so I assume she saw it and had no interest.

I feel really **** about it though as its not like I'm seeing tones more people who seem compatible.

I don't get me wrong I wasn't fully expecting to hit it off I was just hoping for a chat and see how things went from there. I look about 4-5 years younger than I am, and I had considered putting a fake DOB to match how I look but I wanted my profile to be 100% honest. Maybe people now think I'm lying about my age. I feel really bummed out now. Maybe my profile sucks.

I kinda just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Samich wrote: »
    You're probably in the age range of the majority of people on the sites.

Was wondering was anyone else doing as terribly bad on it as me? :pac:

I am. But i dont know if age range is anything to do with it. There are alot of people in their 30s on the sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

BINGO! my profile on cs is officially gone..:D

we were both afraid to bring up the subject incase we seemed too forward, lol, but luckily we were thinking the same thing..

good luck to everyone..;) ill still be snooping every so often to see yer progress..:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

liz2 wrote: »
    BINGO! my profile on cs is officially gone..:D

we were both afraid to bring up the subject incase we seemed too forward, lol, but luckily we were thinking the same thing..

good luck to everyone..;) ill still be snooping every so often to see yer progress..:p

Aww congrats liz2, that's lovely :)

GrumPy wrote: »
    Note to self, approach not working :pac:

:p

Maybe you should stick to the girls around you in Noo Yawk City, perhaps they like those lines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got talking to a lovely girl on OKC last night. :-) She messaged me after I suggested a change to her profile. Told that bitch her profile was lame, bitches love being called lame. :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Got talking to a lovely girl on OKC last night. :-) She messaged me after I suggested a change to her profile. Told that bitch her profile was lame, bitches love being called lame. :-P

Really? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I had my first pof date yesterday.

actually my first date, because the idea of dates is weird, but she sent me an interesting message on saturday, we chatted and texted, went for coffee yesterday which ended up as 9 hours of chatting. (and a goodnight kiss)

I think/hope there'll be another date, it was great fun.

I keep my own account open but stopped sending messages a while back cos it wasn't workin out for me, happy days now I hope.

So POF seems to have done a new thing where all subject lines come up as Re: View Message. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

And some people wonder why they are single! :eek::rolleyes:

awec wrote: »
    Does OKC mail you when you get a message?

Yep it will, I can't remember if it does that automatically but if you click on settings all the email stuff is there under notifications :)

Yep it will, I can't remember if it does that automatically but if you click on settings all the email stuff is there under notifications :)

I have turned off my notifications from the sites - got fed up with them all! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    I have turned off my notifications from the sites - got fed up with them all! :rolleyes:

Thinly veiled brag there :P

Thinly veiled brag there :P

Lol chance would be a fine thing!
    Quantity more than substance!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

oh wow, it seems like everyone is doing so well at the moment! i'm doing ok so far since my return but i dont want to jinx anything yet. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I think I will dip my toe in the proverbial pond

I say, I have a scratchy scrotum

They dont look for medical records do they?

The whole "Re: View Message" thing really annoys me now. Sometimes, when I'm sending a message to a rather attractive girl who I know would be receiving a load of messages, I would usually have a rather eye catching title - sometimes literally "Eye Catching Subject!". Now I can't do that, ho-hum.

The whole "Re: View Message" thing really annoys me now. Sometimes, when I'm sending a message to a rather attractive girl who I know would be receiving a load of messages, I would usually have a rather eye catching title - sometimes literally "Eye Catching Subject!". Now I can't do that, ho-hum.

literally "Eye Catching Subject!" :D love it, does it work?

oh sh1t!

no idea what to do! it turns out i've been messaging my flatmates ex... :eek:

basically she sent me a message first and unlocked her pictures to my and i thought i recognised her.... so i texted my flatmate asking her profile name and some details about her...he replied with a different country and profile name so i thought i was in the clear so i wrote back ( aka "unleased the charm") and then she replied saying she knew me and dated my housemate! :eek:

also she wants to meet....:confused:

uglyjohn wrote: »
    literally "Eye Catching Subject!" :D love it, does it work?

A few times, yes! :p Either that or "Stuff 'n' Stuff" or once "HHHEEEELLLLOOO Nurse", though I'm not sure if they got the Animaniac reference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

though I'm not sure if they got the Animaniac reference :(

They're not worth it then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hang on... that wasn't a dream.

SWEET! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement