Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

hollypink wrote: »
    Why do you sound so horrified?

Im not horrified at all, just very inexperienced in dating Irish women.

The women I've dated in the past year are a bit conservative and traditional which I have no problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Lob the gob on date 1, life's too short for kissing politics. :pac:

Dude. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Larianne wrote: »
    Defo on the first date. If it doesn't happen on the first date, I would feel he wasn't into me.

On the contrary-it puts me off if a guy wants to on the first date.

awec wrote: »
    There's no "Sore" option?

:pac:
    Larianne wrote: »
    If there's chemistry there, why not? Its not the 1950s.

No, it isn't but I feel like the person is still a stranger on the first date- no matter the chemistry. TBH I wouldn't want to kiss someone I 'don't know' even if I really wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Re kissing on the first date.Ive never not kissed someone on the first date and have things progress to date two.

Like you have been chatting to them for a while online,you have met in person so I think if there is a spark there then its the logical conclusion to the end of the date if both parties are into it.

If a girl refused a kiss at the end of the date Id take it she wasnt interested and move on tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm actually surprised by how many people are supporters of the first date kiss. I felt it's a bit presumptuous and always thought it would turn a girl off being so keen. :confused:

Lesson learned.

kiss-all-of-the-girls-thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    On the contrary-it puts me off if a guy wants to on the first date.

No, it isn't but I feel like the person is still a stranger on the first date- no matter the chemistry. TBH I wouldn't want to kiss someone I 'don't know' even if I really wanted to.

Those crazy men, wanting to kiss women! :confused:

Your stalking needs work. Yeah, they are a stranger but your pre date "research" should provide at least some comfort. :)

Wouldn't wanna kiss someone you don't know, even if you really like them?! Dude, it's not marriage, chill and enjoy it! :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised by how many people are supporters of the first date kiss. I felt it's a bit presumptuous and always thought it would turn a girl off being so keen. :confused:

Lesson learned.

kiss-all-of-the-girls-thumb.jpg

Id totally let you kiss me on a first date Mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I would seriously think he wasn't interested if he didn't "lob the gob" :pac:, or at least go in for a quick kiss!

Pembily wrote: »
    I would seriously think he wasn't interested if he didn't "lob the gob" :pac:, or at least go in for a quick kiss!

Ah ya,it doesnt have to be a full on tongue sandwich but there definitely has to be some kind of smooching.

Ah ya,it doesnt have to be a full on tongue sandwich but there definitely has to be some kind of smooching.
    Oh there has to be intent but lobbing the gob isn't really necessary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've kissed the girl on the first date of most of the online dates that I've had but I'd never go into a date like that thinking that it's something I should do. If it happens it happens but I wouldn't expect it and wouldn't see it as a bad sign if it doesn't happen.

Maybe I will now though....

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

fat__tony wrote: »
    Ladies and gents, well ladies particularly;

If things are going well with a guy, when do you usually expect the first kiss on the lips?

End of the second date?
    From what Ive heard, if the guy doesn't make the move by the 3rd date, then its into the dreaded friend zone.

Cheers! :)

I think it depends, but personally I would prefer kiss on the cheek first date and maybe kiss on the lips second date, depending on how it was going obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

"I kissed a girl and I liked it
    The taste of her cherry chapstick
    I kissed a girl just to try it "

Well my take on the whole thing, personally wouldn't kiss on the first date. A friendly hug and a pec on the cheek is enough. Depending on the second date I'd go in for the kill if the timing was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    I think it depends, but personally I would prefer kiss on the cheek first date and maybe kiss on the lips second date, depending on how it was going obviously.
    KTRIC wrote: »
    "

Well my take on the whole thing, personally wouldn't kiss on the first date. A friendly hug and a pec on the cheek is enough. Depending on the second date I'd go in for the kill if the timing was right.

Maybe this is why ye are all single! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dovies wrote: »

Its far too forward and very ungentlemanly to presume a lady would like to play tonsil hockey on a first date.

My current state is self imposed at the moment until the right person comes along.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its far too forward and very ungentlemanly to presume a lady would like to play tonsil hockey on a first date.

Aye, that's generally what has gone on in he back of my head sometimes before. It's like, "shít should I? I want to but I can't tell if she does..."

Aye, that's generally what has gone on in he back of my head sometimes before. It's like, "shít should I? I want to but I can't tell if she does..."

I have to say it depends. If we have decided on a second date then I have decided I want to kiss him (slut) but if not then a peckon the cheek will do!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I have to say it depends. If we have decided on a second date then I have decided I want to kiss him (slut) but if not then a peckon the cheek will do!

Yeah I get ya, just not really upto speed on how to determine what it depends on most of the time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

+1 lobbin' the gob is where it's at! :pac:

You are probably right as I have the fashion sense and seductive gaze already nailed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRxOpFFiPqdDCC--9aoaVe3jkUge1BRu0Llf8gSeqLlYrjb0T7EalOoXlm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Interesting article here, the comments are good too.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/06/is-online-dating-destroying-love

I think it's a bit odd, most people seem to be doing it now. I tried it myself to no avail recently and it just made me feel terrible tbh. I've always got attention from girls and have had some gorgeous girlfriends who were great people, but being new in a city etc I thought I'd try it. 100s of messages and barely any response. Those who did respond stop after a while etc.

Really put the words "on the shelf" into a reality kind of, maybe it's not the same in Ireland but here in London the whole thing feels so superficial. You guys seem to be getting something out of it though.

You are probably right as I have the fashion sense and seductive gaze already nailed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRxOpFFiPqdDCC--9aoaVe3jkUge1BRu0Llf8gSeqLlYrjb0T7EalOoXlm

OOH pick me pick me!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lesson learned.

My current state is self imposed at the moment until the right person comes along.

I think it really does depend on your date I guess, going by some of the responses here.

If you're getting on well and the sparks are flying etc. then a little kiss on the lips is quite nice. From there you can progress it on. Wouldn't be fond of actually lobbing the gob straight away. That's second date territory. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This "lobbing the gob" has me a bit confuddled.

Someone want to translate for me?

My personal technique.

:o

This "lobbing the gob" has me a bit confuddled.

Someone want to translate for me?

Kissing but in crude whest slang!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ewwww

Whest slang :-p

Ewwww

Whest slang :-p

Shup you Dub :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Right, I've put my POF profile back up. If you see a handsome cork lad say hi! haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ah first date kissing... The awkwardness... Butterflies or a slap in the face haha :>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement