Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

awec wrote: »
    Don't drive yourself nuts by trying to analyse what someone is doing in terms of views / non responses.

By that I mean don't send a message and then watch her last online time or whatever to see if she's ignoring it.

Sometimes there are reasons why someone cannot reply :)

I have no problem with no responses just when you get the email notifications is when you notice it.

(not to self turn off email notification mails:D)

Think its just part of my personality I tend to over analyze at the best of times in all aspects of my life

Whoops. I organized our second date accidentally on Valentine's Day. That's next Tuesday, right? Or is it on the 17th? I can never remember.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I signed up to OkC to have a gawk... Came across a few of ye :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Whoops. I organized our second date accidentally on Valentine's Day. That's next Tuesday, right? Or is it on the 17th? I can never remember.

:pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    :pac:

Quiet you.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

So haven't been following the thread much recently. What have I missed? News please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Quiet you.

:P

Never!

To be honest, only for Boards, I probably wouldn't know Valentine's Day is on Tuesday.
    Samich wrote: »
    So haven't been following the thread much recently. What have I missed? News please :D

Lots of dates going on at the moment it appears. :)

Oh, and Kingtut has a GIRLFRIEND! :pac:

Oh, and Stupidusername has a BOYFRIEND! :pac:

Neither are linked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Excellent :) Good stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In my case it's been 3 weeks and I'm getting sick of it already.

Is it just me or is online dating for men the equivalent of trying to spear fish in a tiny stream with hardly any fish while for women it's more like throwing dynamite into a massive lake full to the brim with fish :confused:

No its not just you. I guess in that regard, online dating isn't very different from the club scene in the end unfortunately.

Whats this parship.ie like anyone? I presume that isn't free either? :( Much difference to match.com?

Is there more Irish female users on any of these sites compared to POF or OKC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Sorry about that post.
    Seriously though, would you guys date someone who does not have a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

After receiving the odd message since starting my pof account back in October I've been contacted by at least 6 different girls in the last 2 weeks!
    Glad to read a lot of success stories recently!
    I think it's definately true the more you log in on pof the more noticed you'll be.
    Or maybe it's my new cologne. :pac:
    I don't actually wear cologne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

eternal wrote: »
    Sorry about that post.

If its someone that was made redundant through no fault of their own,absolutely.

If its someone thats been a long term doley and is happy being that way,absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sorry about that post.

Being unemployed is not a choice everyone makes and "in the current climate" I would never judge anyone just cause they couldn't fin work. Now as Otis said if they were a dole bum no way but I know a few people on the dole and they are trying their hardest to get jobs they just aren't out there!

Pembily wrote: »
    Sorry about that post.

Being unemployed is not a choice everyone makes and "in the current climate" I would never judge anyone just cause they couldn't fin work. Now as Otis said if they were a dole bum no way but I know a few people on the dole and they are trying their hardest to get jobs they just aren't out there!
    Yeah maybe, butI can not handle people who just do not want to work.
    I need advice on someone who was making an effort thenwhen I agreed to go out with ihim barely spoke to me again.
    Plus there is a married geezer who is coming onto me.
    I am thinking all these ppl want is sex. I have messaged ppl who just ignore me. Bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I have been hit on by married guys in the online dating world and I have always ignored them. Its not right doesn't feel right for me any way. Avoid them eternal, they are a lost cause. It only end badly even if its just sex, its not a situation you want to end up in really. If he wants sex he go find someone else as his mistress. Hook up with someone who isn't married at least. They aren't worth it and they just mess with your head.

There isn't anything wrong with married man fancying you or you fancying a married man but not to let it go anywhere else even if there is something there just don't go there it just ruin romance for you.

I wouldn't avoid someone just cause they don't work, its very very hard in this economic climate as pembily has said. Not everyone is so lucky to have a job. If they are making the effort to look for work then give them the benefit of the doubt maybe encourage them to go back to school, up skill or what ever help them to get back on track or what ever to keep them occupied until a job arises. What would you do if they had to emigrate would you let them or go with them?? So working and having romance doesn't always go hand in hand often one or the other but some people are just lucky they have both.

Support them that's as much as you can do I don't mean with money I mean support them emotionally that 'you got their back'. Be there for them. If you like them enough or like to pursue something more with them go for it don't let that they are unemployed stop you in the way happiness from that point of view. If ye click and have chemistry and everything else falls in place except one minor thing who knows what happen unless you don't try. Its a risk yet but you might not know what you could be missing out on a great relationship/catch!?

Im seriously ill but still manage full time university (just about). I have no time for lay abouts. Fair enough though if they are trying i suppose. Thanks for your advice.

Im seriously ill but still manage full time university (just about). I have no time for lay abouts. Fair enough though if they are trying i suppose. Thanks for your advice.

That's a pretty dim view. I was in university full time, working double shifts on weekends, even picked up an internship in my 3rd year - all while going through a really bad time in my life. Been unemployed since I left college because I feel I damned deserve the time off. Am I a layabout?

I wouldn't go out with someone who didn't have a job.

I have nothing against them at all.. I'm just very flighty and like to do things and go places. It's very restrictive when they have no money to do these things.

I know it may not be their fault but thats just me.

• Advertisement

That's a pretty dim view. I was in university full time, working double shifts on weekends, even picked up an internship in my 3rd year - all while going through a really bad time in my life. Been unemployed since I left college because I feel I damned deserve the time off. Am I a layabout?
    If you read my post you would have seen the bit: fair enough if theyre trying' .
    I dont know why youre asking. You are obviously not a layabout. How could you be when you have achieved so much.
    A layabout doesnt achieve anything, they are too busy laying about.
    Im suprised someone intelligent would ask this.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Date tomorrow and I have the mother of all colds.

..Kleenex is sexy, right?! :o

she might rub vapo rub on ya... sexy style :cool:

Misticles wrote: »
    she might rub vapo rub on ya... sexy style :cool:

Well I hope she's a he, because I'm a girl! ;)

Well I hope she's a he, because I'm a girl! ;)

I had the Friends scene in my head... play along would ya :D

Misticles wrote: »
    I had the Friends scene in my head... play along would ya :D
    Bahahhaha he could be the Chandler to my Monica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

http://z0r.de/L/z0r-de_3714.swf

Sorry, this is not related to dating and the topics at hand but makes me smile every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just back from my date! She was awesome and super hot. :D Went really well, we got food and she asked if I wanted to head to the pub (for a coke of course, I was driving).
    Aaaannnyywaaayy, was gonna take my own advice and get some gob lobbin' going at the end of the night, :pac: but her lift was already waiting outside (Dad) :o and I didn't feel comfortable even hugging her for particularly long as a result! :( So a quick squeeze and a toothy smile good night.
    She text me 20 minutes afterwards thanking me so much for the lovely date and the sweets (found out her fav sweets subtly when we first started talking: so first date, arrived with said confectionery, loved that confectionery)
    Gonna reply to text now and see if she's up for date 2, I'm quietly confident she'll say yes?! Eeppp!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Right. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

She replied!!!! "Only if you promise to kiss me" :D:D:D:D

QT3eC.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement